Umat day!!!! (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
I was actually really excited to do it today. I did it for teh lulz because my mum forced me. I was surprised at how nervous/upset people were though.

I know it's a big deal if you're really wanting med, but I actually saw quite a few people crying before we even walked in.
I failed, but I couldn't care less :p

My friends, on the other hand... :/

sophisms

HSC
had an emotional breakdown before the umat. And I swear, I wasn't even that stressed/nervous!

HSC
N/A
had an emotional breakdown before the umat. And I swear, I wasn't even that stressed/nervous!
a lot of people did.

this will sound terrible, but the guy i was with was laughing at people going, "maybe they've only just realised they spent 2k for nothing, and they're as fucked as the rest of us".

sophisms

HSC
a lot of people did.

this will sound terrible, but the guy i was with was laughing at people going, "maybe they've only just realised they spent 2k for nothing, and they're as fucked as the rest of us".
hmmm, but who knows. some think they did terrible but end up with 99th percentile.... unexpected things do happen in life...

elloelloelle

HSC
Uni Grad
First UMAT; definitely an experience.
It was hard. Though, I wasn't expecting anything less of course lol
I did however find it surprisingly less daunting than I thought it'd be!
And timing for once wasn't that much of an issue today :D i've actually always struggled for time with practice tests but today wasn't that bad other than the pressure.

Section 1: HARD; but do-able. I swear guesswork came into play for at least 30% of it. Didn't get the first three Q's until i came back to reread em after i was done with the rest of the section (probs nerves). Also, there weren't any lengthy passages for 'comprehension' type questions, which i absolutely loathe, so that was alright :)
Section 2: as usual, i was WTF-ing at all the q's. I hate this section, honestly. What the point of an Englishy section if u can't bullshit ur opinion? Guessed basically everything haha how can u ever be sure of someone's emotions anyways? They're dynamic...
Section 3: Nice, nice, nice :) Though, I did have to guess a few of em, it was defs easier than I expected. There weren't any box things with relationships between numbers, which i don't like either, so that was good too :)

Probs gonna have to do it next year again tho, statistically speaking, and I heard a few kids say it was the hardest UMAT yet.

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
I was really nervous at the start, but once I got started I didn't have much trouble.

Section 1: I found it was really difficult for me. I didn't finish and guessed the last 5 questions.
Section2: Thought it was on par with other papers, and I actually finished this section.
Section 3: By far the easiest section for me, although I didn't finish and had to guess the last 5 again!

Oh well, I'm glad its finally over!

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Anyone care to share one of the questions given in section I if they remember?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Probs gonna have to do it next year again tho, statistically speaking, and I heard a few kids say it was the hardest UMAT yet.
It was by far easier than last year.

Section 3 was the easiest section 3 I've done. (But I didn't have any time management, so I fucked up. ~whoops~)

Anyone care to share one of the questions given in section I if they remember?
if they see people giving out questions for any reason at all, even part of, and they can identify the person, penalties will be given.

brianphamm

HSC
I felt like Section 1 and 2 were the most easiest, but of course there were a couple of hard questions. But section 3, oh man, I normally do better in this section, but it was pretty bad today.. I got most of them, but less than what I usually get confidently in past exams. Hoping for a high percentile!!

And could anyone explain to me how scoring works with UMAT? And also, what types of scores would usually get which percentile..? Sorry if it's a stupid question.

Edit:How do people get a score of 180's and stuff when it's only out of 134?! Cheers.

Last edited:

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
a lot of people did.

It costs 2K to do it???

animerocker

HSC
It was a really good test. I really liked it. I thought section 2 was pretty easy. I loved section 3 and bloody hell, section 1 was by far the hardest section out of all three.
Overall it was quite enjoyable and a new experience.

_pikachu

HSC
some people pay ridiculous amount of money for umat tutoring

lvella10

HSC
Found it good, apart from some section one questions .. S2 I found so easy .. finished that 10 minutes early .. Anyone see me with my bright yellow nike frees? :p Lol

memo15

HSC
lol why do i seem like the only person who didnt quite enjoy the paper... ? :/

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
How much does it cost to sit the actual test though? If people need tutoring, then they would probably make poor medical practitioners anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)