Umat day!!!! (1 Viewer)

gorab

HSC
Section 2: as usual, i was WTF-ing at all the q's. I hate this section, honestly. What the point of an Englishy section if u can't bullshit ur opinion? Guessed basically everything haha how can u ever be sure of someone's emotions anyways? They're dynamic...
LOL not sure if serious, section 2 is so easy compared to section 1 and section 3 is not much harder
What, emotions are dynamic now?? No way!

asdfqwerty

HSC
yehhhhhh i didnt do that well. i think for all three sections i guessed a lot cus of timing issues. im not expecting a good percentile and if i dont then i think ill be ok because the main thing in my mind was that its not gonna be the end of the world, though getting undergrad med. would be highly desirable.

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
yehhhhhh i didnt do that well. i think for all three sections i guessed a lot cus of timing issues. im not expecting a good percentile and if i dont then i think ill be ok because the main thing in my mind was that its not gonna be the end of the world, though getting undergrad med. would be highly desirable.
Isn't GAMSAT far harder?

How much does it cost to sit the actual test though? If people need tutoring, then they would probably make poor medical practitioners anyway.
Some people are just rich, or have extremely aggressive parents (more likely).

viraj30

HSC
i havent done a harder test than this year's umat....i guess thats just because i didnt practice at all....i even marked 'nothing' when they asked how did you prepare!

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
Even though I have no interest in medicine, I am just curious of like what type of questions are asked in the UMAT test - generally. Like, is it science, general knowledge, maths calculations or essay writing?

Alkanes

HSC
Honestly don't even want to talk about the test.

Section 1: Doable but time constraints I assume got the better of people. Ended up guessing half of it :(
Section 2: Fair and OK.
Section 3: Don't know if its me but I felt it was very hard for some reason.

Overall: Goodbye med :(

Aysce

HSC
Had a beautiful start but the world came crashing down.

Section 1: Guessed last 8 and a few others I didn't know.
Section 2: Confidence boost!
Section 3: Decent start, nearing the end I crashed.

Overall disappointed but hey, keeping my chin up and still going to fight for med, despite how grim it looks atm anyways.

Sanical

SpiderAnderson
HSC
To those saying they did well in section 2 - be prepared to be disappointed. EVERYONE will think they did well in section 2. If you thought Bill was sad, then that's your opinion but the answer could have been frustrated - you simply can't tell. Section 2 for sure will be a killer and those who think they've done well will most likely not get what they expected.

Alkanes

HSC
To those saying they did well in section 2 - be prepared to be disappointed. EVERYONE will think they did well in section 2. If you thought Bill was sad, then that's your opinion but the answer could have been frustrated - you simply can't tell. Section 2 for sure will be a killer and those who think they've done well will most likely not get what they expected.
Lol who the fuck was Bill? I can't even remember any of the questions. Today just basically screwed my mind.
Most depressing thing today was catching the train back home :(

Aysce

HSC
oh shieee

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
Just wondering, were you able to choose your session? because I only found out that there were 2 sessions this morning when I texted my friend to ask where he was.... I would have preferred the 1:30

SanjoyM

HSC
OMG! The most depressing exam LOL
Section 1 was HARD!!
Section 2 was my best by far - did not guess any questions :) Yay!
Section 3 - another story

Hoping for the best, but as the examiners stated "the hardest UMAT exam in years" apparently :|

jnney

lemon
HSC
thanks .

Alkanes

HSC
Yea forgot to mention. Section 2 had some ambiguous options and vocab that I've never heard in my life haha.

Aysce

HSC
Wait so who turned up to 1:30pm sesh?

Mikipedia

HSC
I felt the test was pretty good, despite hating section three... Always have, always will.

Section 1: finished almost 20 minutes early.
Section 2: finished 15 early.
Section 3: rushed as hell :/

I sat the morning session and didn't get home until 5pm, gotta hate public transport.

Galapagos

HSC
N/A
Honestly don't even want to talk about the test.

Section 1: Doable but time constraints I assume got the better of people. Ended up guessing half of it :(
Section 2: Fair and OK.
Section 3: Don't know if its me but I felt it was very hard for some reason.

Overall: Goodbye med :(
OMG! The most depressing exam LOL
Section 1 was HARD!!
Section 2 was my best by far - did not guess any questions :) Yay!
Section 3 - another story

Hoping for the best, but as the examiners stated "the hardest UMAT exam in years" apparently :|
Yea forgot to mention. Section 2 had some ambiguous options and vocab that I've never heard in my life haha.
These comments pretty much epitomise my thoughts on the test. It seemed much, much harder than the practice tests, and I doubt nerves/stress had anything to do with it because I'm not even thinking of doing med next year, I just did UMAT just incase/for experience.

Section 1 was meh, some questions I just looked at them, thought they looked too complicated to be worth 1 mark, so I guessed, and spent more energy on questions with 3+ parts.

Section 2 was okay, although for some q's I had no idea which answer was correct because the vocab seemed a bit out.

Section 3 was...detrimental. So fkn hard. Guessed like 40% of it.

Meh.

Mikipedia

HSC
These comments pretty much epitomise my thoughts on the test. It seemed much, much harder than the practice tests, and I doubt nerves/stress had anything to do with it because I'm not even thinking of doing med next year, I just did UMAT just incase/for experience.

Section 1 was meh, some questions I just looked at them, thought they looked too complicated to be worth 1 mark, so I guessed, and spent more energy on questions with 3+ parts.

Section 2 was okay, although for some q's I had no idea which answer was correct because the vocab seemed a bit out.

Section 3 was...detrimental. So fkn hard. Guessed like 40% of it.

Meh.
Did you just use the ACER practice stuff, or did you buy the commercial ones? I just used the ACER ones, and I didn't think the actual test was much harder, but that might just be my weird opinion.

Zeroes

HSC
Section 1: Not horrible, but I paced myself pretty poorly so I ended up scribbling in random circles for the last few questions. I was glad there wasn't too many long, comprehension type questions.
Section 2: Decent, but like someone else said I didn't know what a couple of words meant and a few were pretty ambiguous. Kinda hard to say since it's a bullshit section anyway, imo.
Section 3: Best section by far I think :)

I know a lot of people say the practices are much easier but tbh I think I found the UMAT easier than ACER. Anyway, I'd be quite happy doing post grad so I'm not going to stress too much if I don't get good results.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)