Umat day!!!! (1 Viewer)

Alkanes

HSC
Hmm what did you guys not like about the UMAT?

Personally, I thought it took too long to get started, I was sitting there staring into heaven for 1 hour. And omg how annoying was that speaker guy? "You have 10 minutes left" got so distracted.

Oh btw lol i've actually heard stories of people from prep companies just sitting the exam and memorising the questions haha never knew it happened today :p

Zeroes

HSC
LOL are trackies and hoodies ur uniform, then? XD
Hm, for a lot of ppl, letting other ppl know what school u go to may not be in their best interests [tough comp]
I get ridiculously hot in my trackies/hoodie, like I hardly even wear both at the same time even at home. Also my comfy jeans were in the wash.

SanjoyM

HSC
Eyy... not sure how useful I'd be. Expecting shit S1 and S2 marks. And maybe halfway decent S3 lol
Don't wanna be one of those tards that goes "THAT WAS SO EASY" then gets stuck in the 60th percentile lols
If anyone says that was "SO EASY", I swear i'm going to push them off a bridge :p It was FRIGGIN hard!!
Dude, I guessed most of section 1 - I'm pretty sure you did awesome!!
How useful do you think I wold be then?

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
think i was only person to notice an avicii (one of top DJs in the world) pattern in section 3, was an easy one though hahaha

elloelloelle

HSC
Uni Grad

Personally, I thought it took too long to get started, I was sitting there staring into heaven for 1 hour. And omg how annoying was that speaker guy? "You have 10 minutes left" got so distracted.

Oh btw lol i've actually heard stories of people from prep companies just sitting the exam and memorising the questions haha never knew it happened today :p
OMG I HATED THAT TOO! Like, thanks for telling us we have 10 mins so we don't misread our time n shiz, but do u have to make the announcement last a whole minute?! we have do entire questions in that time !!

jnney

lemon
HSC

i hated when he told us to open the books and we could start

and then proceeded to talk for the next 15 - 20 seconds

SanjoyM

HSC
OMG I HATED THAT TOO! Like, thanks for telling us we have 10 mins so we don't misread our time n shiz, but do u have to make the announcement last a whole minute?! we have do entire questions in that time !!
I wanted smash the speaker - i got distracted and had to re-read the question!! We had the friggin CLOCK right INFRONT of USS!!! for God's sake!!

Alkanes

HSC
Yea just wanted to throw something at him LOL. Fk pretty sure i screwed up a few questions cos of him.

elloelloelle

HSC
Uni Grad
If anyone says that was "SO EASY", I swear i'm going to push them off a bridge :p It was FRIGGIN hard!!
Dude, I guessed most of section 1 - I'm pretty sure you did awesome!!
How useful do you think I wold be then?
i know, aye.
and dude, u just sent me the same email twice :L i've read it

SanjoyM

HSC
Yea just wanted to throw something at him LOL. Fk pretty sure i screwed up a few questions cos of him.
Yup! I swear for the last question for Section 1, i had everything figured out, was in full concentration mode and then "You have ten minutes left" - I swear, I was FU inside :p
I had to start again and ultimately guess the question
For one question, I circled the wrong answer and they were like "You cannot do the other section after time is up" - Honestly, what kind of a rule is this? Why can't you fix up other sections? :(

HSC
N/A
I think the worst thing about umat was that there was no heating :(

twas bitter cold in the morning, and idk if it's just me, but it's hard to concentrate

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I felt like Section 1 and 2 were the most easiest, but of course there were a couple of hard questions. But section 3, oh man, I normally do better in this section, but it was pretty bad today.. I got most of them, but less than what I usually get confidently in past exams. Hoping for a high percentile!!

And could anyone explain to me how scoring works with UMAT? And also, what types of scores would usually get which percentile..? Sorry if it's a stupid question.

Edit:How do people get a score of 180's and stuff when it's only out of 134?! Cheers.
lol.

Section 3 was the easiest (which means it'll be hard to get a good score because they scale to past exams).

It was a really good test. I really liked it. I thought section 2 was pretty easy. I loved section 3 and bloody hell, section 1 was by far the hardest section out of all three.
Overall it was quite enjoyable and a new experience.
people keep saying this, but I found section 2 a lot harder than 1.

I reckon:
3 < 1 < 2
(easiest to hardest)

LOL not sure if serious, section 2 is so easy compared to section 1 and section 3 is not much harder
What, emotions are dynamic now?? No way!
Section one - logic and reasoning
By the very definition of logic there is only one logical answer.

Section three - patterns.
There is only one logical pattern and answer.

Section two - people
People change their minds all the time and depending on your experiences you can relate to certain situations.
I couldn't relate to half of section two this year due to me not being a woman, not having a father, etc.
It's a shit section and should just be left to interviews.

OMG! The most depressing exam LOL
Section 1 was HARD!!
Section 2 was my best by far - did not guess any questions :) Yay!
Section 3 - another story

Hoping for the best, but as the examiners stated "the hardest UMAT exam in years" apparently :|
10 times easier than last year. Haha

Yea forgot to mention. Section 2 had some ambiguous options and vocab that I've never heard in my life haha.
they did this more last year, which was a relief this year. :)

Did anyone else find themselves looking at a random person and thinking, 'I wonder if I've talked to that person on BOS before...'?
nah, because I was with people from BoS. Haha

Alkanes

HSC
Yup! I swear for the last question for Section 1, i had everything figured out, was in full concentration mode and then "You have ten minutes left" - I swear, I was FU inside :p
I had to start again and ultimately guess the question
For one question, I circled the wrong answer and they were like "You cannot do the other section after time is up" - Honestly, what kind of a rule is this? Why can't you fix up other sections? :(
Lol i'm pretty sure you coulda sneakily crossed out and circle it during the other sections. I didn't do that today, though if I did it I think I was screwed either way whether or not I changed an answer haha

Zeroes

HSC
I forgot how sore your neck gets after leaning over a desk for 3 hours - but I suppose we'd all better get used to it for trials/HSC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)