UN report lied, Israel cleared of intentionally killing civilians (1 Viewer)

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...-admits-mistakes/story-e6frg6so-1226032915699

ISRAEL has called on the UN to consign its major report on the Gaza war to "the dustbin of history" after the author, judge Richard Goldstone, expressed regret about key aspects of the report.

Israeli politicians, who had insisted the report was flawed, reacted angrily.
"If I had known then what I know now, the Goldstone report would have been a different document," Judge Goldstone wrote in The Washington Post. He admitted that if he had access to all the facts, his report probably would not have accused Israel of war crimes.
"The allegations of intentionality by Israel were based on the deaths of and injuries to civilians in situations where our fact-finding mission had no evidence on which to draw any other reasonable conclusion," he wrote.
"While the investigations published by the Israeli military and recognised in the UN committee's report have established the validity of some incidents that we investigated in cases involving individual soldiers, they also indicate that civilians were not intentionally targeted as a matter of policy."
He said Israel's lack of co-operation had meant the inquiry was not able to corroborate several aspects, including how many civilians were killed.
"The Israeli military's numbers have turned out to be similar to those recently furnished by Hamas," he wrote.
The Goldstone report focused on the killing of 29 members of the al-Simouni family.
Judge Goldstone now says: "The shelling of the home was apparently the consequence of an Israeli commander's erroneous interpretation of a drone image, and an Israeli officer is under investigation for having ordered the attack.
"While the length of this investigation is frustrating, it appears that an appropriate process is under way and I am confident that if the officer is found to have been negligent, Israel will respond accordingly."
Judge Goldstone said the original mandate for his inquiry adopted by the UN Human Rights Council "was skewed against Israel" but that he had insisted on changing it.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu used the statement to attack the report, saying: "The fact that Goldstone backtracked must lead to the shelving of this report once and for all."
Reactions in the Israeli media were mixed.
"As a Jew, he acted in the most non-Jewish of ways," Ben Caspit wrote in Maariv.
"He betrayed all these principles, played it dumb, granted a rare international prize for evil and denounced anyone attempting to defend himself from him. Richard Goldstone should be forced to continue to confront his conscience, the image reflected in his mirror, until the day he dies."
But Alex Fishman in Yedioth Ahronoth described the judge as an exceptionally courageous man. "It is no small matter for a person of his stature to stand up and confess to all and sundry that he had made a mistake," he wrote.
In Haaretz, Aluf Benn wrote: "Israel achieved a major public relations coup this weekend, comparable to the United Nations rescission of its notorious resolution equating Zionism with racism."
But Benn said Israel had erred in refusing to co-operate with Judge Goldstone and that former minister Isaac Herzog had been correct when he advocated dialogue.
Judge Goldstone admitted he had been wrong in believing Hamas would investigate the behaviour of its forces.
"It was my hope, even if unrealistic, that Hamas would do so, especially if Israel conducted its own investigation," he wrote.
"At minimum I hoped that in the face of a clear finding that its members were committing serious war crimes, Hamas would curtail its attacks.
"Sadly, that has not been the case."

Now all of you Israel hating scum have proven to be propagating a lie, who will be the first to admit it? Can we get back to dealing with the real criminal terrorists here, Hamas.

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
While I suspect Blastus is trolling as usual, I do agree with the statement he has penned above. Israel are not the terrorists, Hamas are (and are recognized as such by many governments including the Australian government).

HSC
While I suspect Blastus is trolling as usual, I do agree with the statement he has penned above. Israel are not the terrorists, Hamas are (and are recognized as such by many governments including the Australian government).
rainman

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
shutup rainman

ibbi00

HSC
A Jewish judge finally bowing to the immense pressure laid upon him and his family from various parties (you know who) and as a result retracts his anti-Israeli stance. Who would have guessed!?

I like how new evidence *suddenly* emerges from a two year old event that conveniently clears Israel of all allegations!

Last edited:

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
A Jewish judge finally bowing to the immense pressure laid upon him and his family from various parties (you know who) and as a result retracts his anti-Israeli stance. Who would have guessed!?

I like how new evidence *suddenly* arises from a two year old event that conveniently clears Israel of all allegations!
please talk more about how it is a jewish conspiracy

ibbi00

HSC
please talk more about how it is a jewish conspiracy
Nah mate, Jews are all good people (with the exception of wanabes such as yourself). It's the Zionist scum that worry me.

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
aka

most jews

why do people pretend that theres not like a gigantic consensus in the jewish community for israel

LordSlug

HSC
N/A
Nah mate, Jews are all good people (with the exception of wanabes such as yourself). It's the Zionist scum that worry me.
whenever someone mentions "Zionist" i immediately think of The Matrix

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
There's a very small anti-Zionist group within most Jewish groups. Most Jews are pro-Israel.

HSC

I like how new evidence *suddenly* emerges from a two year old event that conveniently clears Israel of all allegations!
i don't really care much when people except for westerners get killed, but it sounds like the main allegation is to do with the term intentional. obviously all of the other allegations are there. stop being hysterical.

if you're against the idea of Jews having a state, you're an anti-semite.

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
yeah fuck them
'
idk i sympathise with the pallos on some level i think amerikka should have just bought the baja california from mexico and the jewish state could have been there

it would have saved us a million headaches

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
can't m8 the jews control the us government like they control everything on earth dirty jews did 911 nwo zionist isreal!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)