Unconventional Jobs/Ways you make money without being formally employed (1 Viewer)

zaqwerty

HSC
I'm SO sick of being a casual waitress. Working crappy casual jobs since year 9 (like a lot of you I'd assume) has got the better of me and I want out!

Just wanted to see if any of you have a job that's a bit out of the ordinary (and perhaps how you got it).

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
so like there's this thing called the dole right,

AHAHAHA! I literally laughed out loud.

to op: maybe, for some supplementary income, you could join a few of those paid survey sites.

zaqwerty

HSC
I heard that even on the legit "paid" survey sites, the most people make averages out to be about $2 an hour.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
zaqwerty said:
I heard that even on the legit "paid" survey sites, the most people make averages out to be about $2 an hour.
it takes up to 8 months to get your money as well

KarmaKitten

HSC
Yeah, those survey websites are terrible. You usually need to hundreds of surveys to get a little bit of money.

But I get where you're coming from. I was a lowly waitress for most of last year and I hated it. I hated the shifts, the stupid customers and the annoying managers.

omniscience

HSC
N/A
Tutoring?

I do it and I get $150 a week. Not too bad for a full-time Year 12 student.

greekgun

HSC
Back when i was in year 9 and 10, i worked at one of those small 2 dollar shops owned and runned by an asian family, and got paid under the table. It was seriously dogy stuff, i had to count the money they paid me in the envelope because they would always try to rip me of by like 10 dollars.

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
Multi Level Marketing + Internet Moneymaking systems work out pretty well, tbh. You just need to not be a fuckwit.

zaqwerty

HSC
omniscience said:
Tutoring?

I do it and I get $150 a week. Not too bad for a full-time Year 12 student.
I've thought about tutoring but I feel as though it would be reasonably unreliable (e.g. no income during Christmas holidays)

How did you go about finding students to tutor?

Edit: just re-read you're a Year-12 student. Obviously found them through your school I'd assume?

greekgun

HSC
velox said:
Meter Reader $30/hour if you walk fast and you get fit pretty quickly.

Only problem is dogs.

They were advertising recently. But you need a car :)
Fuck man, 30 bucks an hour just for going around and reading meters, and jotting them down.Thats not bad, getting paid to walk around and stuff.

-tal-

HSC
I have this chic friend who does the pamphlet-throwing-on-to-your-lawn thing for myer. Only problem is there's a whole heap, get the portion done each week, get $120

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
zaqwerty said:
yeah i do them but been under 18 i am lucky to get like a survey a month, and even then the money is crap, valued opinions is good i get most off them, but it call comes in gift cards.

jannny

HSC
prosti.. drugs..

so many ways!

na but i reckon tutoring's good way

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
my bro folded and threw newspapers onto pples lawns. pays about $25-$35/wk

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
$50 an hour (ish, depending on the project) for recording live gigs or studio recordings...

Got into it by getting a name for it... just volunteering as much as possible at uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)