underage kids drinking food colourings to get drunk (1 Viewer)

Zrap

glock9
HSC
TacoTerrorist said:
I have never seen a non-medicinial drug in my life.
You live in Melbourne, drugs are everywhere. They even had a TV show/

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
It's funny. Methanol was added as a toxin to prevent the ethanol from being used as cheap alcohol, but people still drink it anyway.

P.S. it causes you to go blind permanently.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
So retarded. I bet hardly any kids even knew about this shit. Fuck, even I hadn't considered it. Great way to stop a handful of kids doing it, tell everyone about it. :uhoh:

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I only tried it because from chemistry I recognised '70% ethanol' as '70% alcohol', and having tried absinthe before (which is about 70%), I wanted to see if it would get me drunk similarly. It did, but I'm pretty sure those taste buds will never grow back. Haha.

Mumma

HSC
If a dude goes out with the intention of getting smashed, its going to happen. Placing restrictions or taxes on things like this is pointless.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
completely agree. If alcholol keeps getting taxed people will just start distilling their own or go to extremes like food colouring

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Exphate said:
1. No one can present himself directly to another of our friends. There must be a third person to do it.
2. Never look at the wives of friends.
3. Never be seen with cops.
4. Don't go to pubs and clubs.
5. Always being available for Cosa Nostra is a duty - even if your wife's about to give birth.
6. Appointments must absolutely be respected.
7. Wives must be treated with respect.
8. When asked for any information, the answer must be the truth.
9. Money cannot be appropriated if it belongs to others or to other families.
10. People who can't be part of Cosa Nostra: anyone who has a close relative in the police, anyone with a two-timing relative in the family, anyone who behaves badly and doesn't hold to moral values.

lolprohibition
What?

BackCountrySnow

HSC
Guys, the reason why alcohol is so heavily taxed is because the demand for it doesn't change too much when the price of it changes. The same goes for why oil is heavily taxed.

The government will say things like they are taxing alcohol heavily because of the social cost of binge drinking, and oil for it's impact on the environment. And this may be true, but the main reason is that it's fucking good revenue.

4unitfreak

HSC
Tax or age limits aren't going to make any difference. If they want alcohol, they'll get it, somehow or another.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
sam04u said:
So retarded. I bet hardly any kids even knew about this shit. Fuck, even I hadn't considered it. Great way to stop a handful of kids doing it, tell everyone about it. :uhoh:
exactly.
i actually went to the pantry and checked. vanilla essence was like 35% alco or something. i added some to my coffee hehe.
tasted like shit.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
housah0lic said:
exactly.
i actually went to the pantry and checked. vanilla essence was like 35% alco or something. i added some to my coffee hehe.
tasted like shit.
Bitters is about 40% and vanilla essence should be 70%. I've never seen 35% stuff.

Born2baplacebo

Get Behind Me Satan
HSC
a) Vanilla essance DOES NOT get you drunk. Been there and tried it. Only makes you sick!
b) wtf overrall.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
I'd heard of this way before now. My friends even got me a bottle of aniseed essence for my 18th as a joke. I still have it.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
zimmerman8k said:
it might. but at the end of the day they don't care.

Just out of interest, what are the health implications of consuming products like that? They must be safe, but probably with more impurities than a bottle of distilled spirits.
My friends tried it once (they were over 18, embarassingly) Killer headaches. That shit has some serious tannins and stuff in it. It'll form an emulsion in water, so I'm guessing it has like aromatics and stuff in it. It's not harmful per se, but I doubt it's a good idea to try and get drunk off it.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
known bout this one for years. Mate tried it in science class in year 10. Only made him feel sick.

Doubt you can actually have a good time on it.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Born2baplacebo said:
a) Vanilla essance DOES NOT get you drunk. Been there and tried it. Only makes you sick!
b) wtf overrall.
blakegman said:
known bout this one for years. Mate tried it in science class in year 10. Only made him feel sick.

Doubt you can actually have a good time on it.
If you use your brain and make sure your essence has ethanol/acohol in it, yes, it will get you drunk.

No, it doesn't taste good - it's vanilla essence! Anyway, no alcohol at 70% tastes good. Mix it with something - lemonade, etc.

Remember at most it is like 3 or 4 standard drinks, so depending on your body and how Asian you are, you'll need anywhere from 1 bottle to 4 bottles to get drunk.

Um, I'm not sure why I'm defending vanilla essence's ability to inebriate.

HSC guy

HSC
This is all because of Rudd's stupid alcopops taxes. Now teens are drinking harder stuff for a cheaper price. Yet another example of a stupid government impressing its stupid constituents without actually fixing a problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)