Uni for Science/Engineering (1 Viewer)

doe

HSC
N/A
only cause they keep the riff raff like me out :)

one of my sisters did mechanical engineering at uow, and by one of my good friends did telecommunications too. sounded to me like they had good staff and awesome resources.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I'm sick of seeing these threads...maybe I should just delete it.

Well, in UTS' defence its largest and best funded faculty is Engineering. They have an excellent reputation worldwide and (so my engineering friends tell me) a whole lot of fun. I'm not sure they do æronautics though...

Science in Maths at UTS might be disappointing or rewarding depending on which area you're specifically interested in. Contact "Slide Rule" by PM, I believe he's done the most research into studying maths at uni on this forum.

MoNNiE

HSC
jam3s said:
can it be just that uSyd have less spots therefor higher cut offs?????
tis could be a true statement,

but mind the fact that what drives people away from unsw is the journey everysingle day!
okay thikn of it this way
unsw = assumed best uni for engineering, vg in research fields /however too far to travel and some ppl who have transferred to my uni say the course structure is too sandwiched
usyd = prestige and reputation/ however said to be too theory based, faculty wise needs improvement
uts = practicality can be argued -- won't bother go into details {irrelivent since uts does not offer aeronautics}

this is from what a friend has told me is that aeronautics at unsw is very broad, and doesn't focus towards the main discpline until towards the end of your degree, unlike usyd...
i have no idea if it's true or not!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)