Uni help. (1 Viewer)

kirstyanne-xx

HSC

So, my atar is 89.90. I got an early offer in B Business Commerce (Advanced Business Leadership)/B Laws at UWS parramatta, which is the course I wanted to do. Yet, i had a conditional scholarship (90 or over atar) which I missed out on by 0.1 I have contacted the uni and they won’t budge, which is a bit depressing but I understand. UWS is good for transport + location for me yet missing out on the scholarship has allowed to think of other options. I am now thinking to go to University of Sydney, doing a B Arts degree then transferring into B Commerce/B Law after one year. It is further to travel but I’ve always held the idea that USYD was too prestigious for me, and now that I have the opportunity to go there it feels quite good. I also realise I will need to maintain high marks in my first year to be able to transfer so...
UWS or USYD? What would you do if you were me?

Aysce

HSC
Hmm I understand where you're coming from, I'd rather go to USYD personally but still, why go indirectly when you can just directly get into your course straight away? I'm no expert with these things, but I'm pretty sure you can do B Commerce/B Law, and then transfer to USYD depending on your marks. Not too sure about that though >.>

Dylanamali

HSC
I think that a transfer from B Arts to B Comm/Law is EXTREMELY competitive...
so just be careful about that.. a course that requires 99.70 ATAR wouldn't simply need a good GPA to get a transfer.

kirstyanne-xx

HSC
Yeah I just came across some info, where it said a transfer would be applicable on 50% GPA and ATAR of over 97. Poop.

And yes that is true, better to just go directly into the course then kind of wasting a year.

Aysce

HSC
What else would they even test apart from GPA? An interview or something?

In the end the course is still the same, no one will care which uni you came from. Best of luck.

Aysce

HSC
I'm not sure, you could always go into UWS and try transfer to USYD IF you are determined. I don't see the harm in trying to do so, but you're in the course anyways so there's nothing to lose. Congrats btw ^^

enoilgam

HSC
If you want to do law, then stick with UWS even without the scholarship. At the end of the day its close and you wont be putting yourself under extreme pressure by trying to transfer into UNSW/USyd.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
.10 off scholarship =S, might be worth getting each of your subjects checked just incase? Congratulations on the ATAR and early offer btw!

If i were you i'd stick with UWS, the advanced business leadership thing means you had to do interviews right? If i were you i'd hate to get stuck doing a course you only had the intentions of transfering out of which is possible considering as others have said it is competitive.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad

So, my atar is 89.90. I got an early offer in B Business Commerce (Advanced Business Leadership)/B Laws at UWS parramatta, which is the course I wanted to do. Yet, i had a conditional scholarship (90 or over atar) which I missed out on by 0.1 I have contacted the uni and they won’t budge, which is a bit depressing but I understand. UWS is good for transport + location for me yet missing out on the scholarship has allowed to think of other options. I am now thinking to go to University of Sydney, doing a B Arts degree then transferring into B Commerce/B Law after one year. It is further to travel but I’ve always held the idea that USYD was too prestigious for me, and now that I have the opportunity to go there it feels quite good. I also realise I will need to maintain high marks in my first year to be able to transfer so...
UWS or USYD? What would you do if you were me?
How do you know if you were accepted or not? Phone call/letter/email?? Gratz btw!1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)