uni.. (1 Viewer)

Chibios

is totally a-MUSE-d!
HSC
that's what they said about the Christmas holidays at the end of term 4. I'm pretty sure there will be many holidays to come, i.e. aren't you in uni for like 12 weeks per semester, and there are 2 semesters - leaving you with 28 weeks holiday seems pretty good to me - correct me if I'm wrong
For UTS its 14 weeks a semester and you get VC week etc etc. but if its not an official break then during that time most likely you'll be studying for your exams or doing assignments.

But when I mention holidays they won't be the sort that you're used to in the sense that you'll be doing something like getting a job, looking for internships, vocational training as you want to be as attractive as possible to future employers.

I understand my views are limited to those of the business and law courses, so they may differ for other courses lol.

HSC
i dont know what the fuck im going to end up doing. hopefully i get into what i want.
but even if you knew, why oh why would you start studying?
i fail to understand some people.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
I started studying for uni about 2 weeks ago! Bought all my textbooks for pharmacy and everything, making some hekktik study notes... even asked the head of the faculty for Semester 1 assignments for each of my subjects, im in the process of completing them now. it should be nice to get them all out of the way!

I think im sitting my semester 1 exams in january also! CANT WAIT!

Lets just hope i end up getting the right ATAR to get into pharmacy aye! :D

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
that's what they said about the Christmas holidays at the end of term 4. I'm pretty sure there will be many holidays to come, i.e. aren't you in uni for like 12 weeks per semester, and there are 2 semesters - leaving you with 28 weeks holiday seems pretty good to me - correct me if I'm wrong
Yeah but they flog the absolute shit out of you in those 12-13 weeks =p

Monsterman

HSC
I started studying for uni about 2 weeks ago! Bought all my textbooks for pharmacy and everything, making some hekktik study notes... even asked the head of the faculty for Semester 1 assignments for each of my subjects, im in the process of completing them now. it should be nice to get them all out of the way!

I think im sitting my semester 1 exams in january also! CANT WAIT!

Lets just hope i end up getting the right ATAR to get into pharmacy aye! :D
oh hai babes i thought you werent going to post on this thread again

spence

HSC
Usually 13 weeks a semester, plus a week for midsem break, another week for stuvac and then two weeks for exams. That's for USyd anyway

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
oh hai babes i thought you werent going to post on this thread again

well as you just read, i have recently discovered the A-M-A-Z-I-N-G benefits of studying for uni before you get into your course... sooo glad i did it

so i changed my mind! :)

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
lol who the fuck studies before uni and does the assignments before uni? hahaha fuck me.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
lol who the fuck studies before uni and does the assignments before uni? hahaha fuck me.

ME omg. im even sitting my semester 1 exams in january how fkn good is that.
haha... itd SUCK if i didnt get into pharmacy though aye seeing as thats wat ive been doing all these assignments for!

ahh well i suppose i will just have to wait and see!

2sXc4yU

Banned
HSC
meilz stop being sarcastic
there is noting wrong with studying for uni

when i get my 99.4 ATAR i will be studying B Engineering/B Laws at UNSW
i bought some of my engineering textbooks and most days i just read through them, highlighting key points

i think itll be highly beneficial 4 me nxt year
and ill smash all those other noobz in my course
fukk yeeeah

LordPc

HSC
meilz stop being sarcastic
there is noting wrong with studying for uni

when i get my 99.4 ATAR i will be studying B Engineering/B Laws at UNSW
i bought some of my engineering textbooks and most days i just read through them, highlighting key points

i think itll be highly beneficial 4 me nxt year
and ill smash all those other noobz in my course
fukk yeeeah
there are textbooks for 1st year engineering? :jaw:

Monsterman

HSC
ME omg. im even sitting my semester 1 exams in january how fkn good is that.
haha... itd SUCK if i didnt get into pharmacy though aye seeing as thats wat ive been doing all these assignments for!

ahh well i suppose i will just have to wait and see!
well as you just read, i have recently discovered the A-M-A-Z-I-N-G benefits of studying for uni before you get into your course... sooo glad i did it
so i changed my mind! :)
jeez... you sure know how to exaggerate stuff.. attention whore..
like i said it was out of interest.. read the VERY first post.. nobody is sitting any exams.. yet... and i'll repeat again.. they know that they'll get into their courses... since they go to the top selective schools in the state.. i mean.. if you know you are like top 30 then thats ensured 95+ or definitely higher... its ok to be jealous..

there are textbooks for 1st year engineering?
in his head

Phouna

HSC
N/A
WOW... you guys are purely amazing - uni studying already!!!
I guess everyone is different, we have different perspective on things... no one should be made to feel crap on their decision - whether to study or just simply chill out or a little of both.

I thought this forum was meant to be friendly and encouraging/ helping each other out. After scanning through many posts, my own perspective is shifting - there is no need to call people names or say unnecessary things that you know personally will hurt the person's feelings whether it is only minor.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I thought this forum was meant to be friendly and encouraging/ helping each other out. After scanning through many posts, my own perspective is shifting - there is no need to call people names or say unnecessary things that you know personally will hurt the person's feelings whether it is only minor.
lol, it's not usually like this, post-HSC is prime trolling time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)