Banned
HSC
N/A
She mobilised the International vote

But nobody else could understand her

canterbury434

HSC
She was campaigning in Chinese. LOL! No wonder she got the mereweather votes

I heard Deb White missed out by 14 votes. Man that would suck! Hong just got owned...

kokodamonkey

HSC
Anyone notice that in the asian written section on Hiltin's how to vote, it has "$20" in there. Yet doesn't appear in the english version.. Wonder what that was all about..

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Anyone notice that in the asian written section on Hiltin's how to vote, it has "$20" in there. Yet doesn't appear in the english version.. Wonder what that was all about..
She came up to me spewing all sorts of Chinese...and when I said I wasn't Chinese, she said something about free printing and photocopying for international students.

Despite the fact I was wearing another candidate's tshirt....

HSC
She was campaigning in Chinese. LOL! No wonder she got the mereweather votes

I heard Deb White missed out by 14 votes. Man that would suck! Hong just got owned...
no. Hiltin came in sixth, Deb didn't just miss.

someone we knew translated it for us on the day.

i forgot what the 20 was for, but one of the points had a '10' in it - promising class sizes no more than 10 for international students.

Grape juice

HSC
It's a language family, you moron.

That's why he said "all sorts of Chinese".

Fuck.
i assumed from his post that he referred to "Chinese" as a race. Look.

he said that he's not chinese.

i might've made an incorrect assumption based on the post, but go fuck yourself you self loathing spastic fuckwit, no need to be so mean.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
but Chinese is a race. not a language. :confused:
how can one spew a race?
The last time I checked, Chinese was a language (or as bio_nut correctly states, a group of languages). I said 'all kinds of Chinese' because not understanding any Chinese, she could've been talking to me in Mandarin, Cantonese, Shanghainese, Teochew or whatever, and I still wouldn't have understood.

The race is Asian. I'm Asian, but I'm not Chinese.

lamenote

HSC
N/A
Perhaps some sort of a $20 bribe?
Sort of... if memory serves me correct, it says something like fighting for the right for international student to work for the hourly rate of nothing less than $20. FYI, I'm local, I work for $19. And then when we asked one of her campaigners to explain the policy, she says it means that international students can tutor people Chinese (the language) for $20/hr. wtf

I think the only "common" policies (i.e. written in both English and Chinese) is the so-called "free printing" (probably at the expense of increasing Access fee or uni fee if that takes place).

Anyway, they're lame policies; and I find the flyers highly offensive (despite I can read it) because the majority of the student body can't.

As a 120% Chinese student at usyd, I declare her nation's disgrace; can't believe she came 6th.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Few of her policies related to things the union actually has control of. Quite relieved she didn't get elected.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)