Union Board Election 2010 (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
The election of 5 Directors to the Board of the University of Sydney Union will be held on May 12.

The candidates in ballot order are:
Deb White
Pat Massarani
James Flynn
Peter Hong
Alistair Stephenson
Tim Scriven
Ben Tang
Hilton Xiaoting Guo
Tom Robson
Sibella Matthews
Vivienne Moxham-Hall

2 of those elected must be women.

Full election details and candidate profiles/statements can be found here:

CANDIDATURE 2010 - THE USU BOARD ELECTION CANDIDATES

Last edited:

bio_nut

HSC
Apparently Hong is calling for major languages of international students besides English on signs and maps at uni.

Fuck that.

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
Apparently Hong is calling for major languages of international students besides English on signs and maps at uni.

Fuck that.
I agree. Not because I'm some nationalistic, Aussie-flag-waving bogan, but because they're already going to have to be pretty proficient in English to understand anything in lectures and tutorials. It'd be slightly concerning for them to come to a uni where classes are taught almost exclusively in English, without even knowing the basics found on signs and maps.

bio_nut

HSC
I agree. Not because I'm some nationalistic, Aussie-flag-waving bogan, but because they're already going to have to be pretty proficient in English to understand anything in lectures and tutorials. It'd be slightly concerning for them to come to a uni where classes are taught almost exclusively in English, without even knowing the basics found on signs and maps.
This is exactly what we were saying in our lab this afternoon, lol. Totally agree. Like, seriously, if you can't read the map, you're screwed for your assignments, haha.

HSC
Not that I go to USyd (or even in uni for that matter) but both Sibella + Deb are lovely lovely people and I would vote for them if I did go!

FutureSight01

IS NOT ASIAN!
HSC
The person promoting Hilton Xiaoting Guo spoke SO FAST... I've never heard anyone speak that fast! I was so impressed I was tempted to vote for her simply because of that. But how is she going to pay for all this new stuff? Also, who can afford sushi train????

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
I think I know Tim Scriven...
I know Tom too. We went to school together and do the same course.
I know Allistair as well. :/

I know that Ben Tang wants to cut the Access fee to 50$ for the whole year which I'd actually vote for... or not. Don't care much for politics.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Which cunt on the union was responsible for the removal of like, a hundred chairs on the top level of Wentworth and replacing them with big lounges for the benefit of all the fobs in the E&B faculty? I can't get a seat there now. And why? FOR THE INTERNTIONAL STUDENTS!

:vcross:
The other option was to hand it over to the uni for a multifaith prayer room.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
i can't believe (or i don't believe maybe) that they were the only two options. who was behind all of that anyway?

usyd is a joke. a giant multicultural joke.
The whole "International students buy more access cards and therefore get better services" lobby.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)