• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

University of Sydney Presentation (1 Viewer)

swathard

HSC
Hey guys

I was just wondering if anyone here is going to the University of Sydney Year 10 Academic Excellence Award for 2008 presentation?

It's generally for the DUX of Year 10 for the particular school.. I know that a few schools are sponsored by USYD for the DUX prize, but I was just wondering if anyone here is going/was invited?

And if so, which school are you representing?

thanks. :p

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Hey guys

I was just wondering if anyone here is going to the University of Sydney Year 10 Academic Excellence Award for 2008 presentation?

It's generally for the DUX of Year 10 for the particular school.. I know that a few schools are sponsored by USYD for the DUX prize, but I was just wondering if anyone here is going/was invited?

Our year 10 dux got sponsored by USYD for being Year 10 Dux. He received some prizes too. I am sure it was called USYD Academic Excellence Award but I am not sure if he actually ended up going there or being invited there...

My school is called St Pius X College, Chatswood btw.

swathard

HSC
Our year 10 dux got sponsored by USYD for being Year 10 Dux. He received some prizes too. I am sure it was called USYD Academic Excellence Award but I am not sure if he actually ended up going there or being invited there...

My school is called St Pius X College, Chatswood btw.
ahh ok, yeah that's what the award is called. you get a letter sent to you in the mail inviting you there.

haha namu i knew what school you go to lol.. who doesn't ! :p

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
ahh ok, yeah that's what the award is called. you get a letter sent to you in the mail inviting you there.

haha namu i knew what school you go to lol.. who doesn't ! :p
ahahha, I will ask if he got invited there lolll

I didn't even know that you were going somewhere hahaha , were you invited?

swathard

HSC
lawll thank you! it wasn't easy, put it that way, its very competitive at my school.

haha but look who's laughing now :p you may not have been dux of year 10 at your school, but you were dux of the state for maths LOL.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
lawll thank you! it wasn't easy, put it that way, its very competitive at my school.

haha but look who's laughing now :p you may not have been dux of year 10 at your school, but you were dux of the state for maths LOL.
ye lol, many things have changed since then...:)

my advice to you is that don't take anything lightly, esp. from now on. There are people who will start to push harder and they are, trust me, the real deal.

However, enjoy your prelim year. It's a great time of the year to develop your own unique study method that you would prob carry on until your hsc. Learn from mistakes that you make this year...

Well I am sure you would be absolutely fine anyway :)

swathard

HSC
ye lol, many things have changed since then...:)

my advice to you is that don't take anything lightly, esp. from now on. There are people who will start to push harder and they are, trust me, the real deal.

However, enjoy your prelim year. It's a great time of the year to develop your own unique study method that you would prob carry on until your hsc. Learn from mistakes that you make this year...

Well I am sure you would be absolutely fine anyway :)
thanks for the advice! = ) yeah it seems pretty obvious right now that everyone seems to be pushing more. and yeah, i agree with everything you said about study methods and making mistakes this year.

and I sure hope I'll be fine. good luck to you for your hsc, i'm sure you'll do awesome! = )

Brontecat

HSC
lucky sydney ppl i was dux last year but they called it high achiever or something cause they didnt want to offend ppl

HaydenLee

HSC
Hey guys

Hey! I'm going; I was Dux of Year 10 at Canberra Grammar School last year and was invited to the award ceremony (for a book voucher :p)

I know the awards are held on 30 April 2009, but I have no details as to the place or time; does anyone know?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)