UNSW chit chat thread (2 Viewers)

plebcrusher

HSC
N/A
Re: UNSW chit chat thread 2016

I cringe so hard every time the exam coordinator says ‘make sure’ instead of ‘endure’. My principles of conciseness won't allow it.

MATHS1251

HSC
N/A

How do you get to the raccource from central station? What busses to take? and do busses increase in frequency during exam period? I ask cuz busses come every half hour :(

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC

How do you get to the raccource from central station? What busses to take? and do busses increase in frequency during exam period? I ask cuz busses come every half hour :(
I take 372/374/376
Dont have to wait in the long line and it stops closer to the racecourse

MATHS1251

HSC
N/A

I take 372/374/376
Dont have to wait in the long line and it stops closer to the racecourse
Ty. Do they all stop in the same vicinity?

Will there be obvious crowd?

Will buss driver say he will be stopping for randwick racceouece exam/

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

I usually take the 891, and walk for like 5 minutes. But you can take the 372 (which is arguably easier if there is a bus)-you will probably need to use google maps to know you are near randwick (if you haven't been) or just ask bus driver (but always ask). I think 891 slightly increases in frequency in exam periods.

MATHS1251

HSC
N/A

I usually take the 891, and walk for like 5 minutes. But you can take the 372 (which is arguably easier if there is a bus)-you will probably need to use google maps to know you are near randwick (if you haven't been) or just ask bus driver (but always ask). I think 891 slightly increases in frequency in exam periods.
People says 891 don't operate on weekends :(

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC

Ty. Do they all stop in the same vicinity?

Will there be obvious crowd?

Will buss driver say he will be stopping for randwick racceouece exam/
They all stop at the alison rd/doncaster av lights

No?

Nope

ebbygoo

HSC

Ok so I got a supp exam right. So assuming I pass this, what mark goes on my transcript? Is it just plain 50, or is it a PC, or is it 50% of the final + rest of course mark? Chem course btw.

ebbygoo

HSC

only do it if you don't care about wasting your time at uni, very pointless imo. I would pick comm1000, no quizzes no final and you actually do learn about making a difference in your community. Marks come from tutorial work, 2 simple journal reflections and 1 group project about a social issue. It's also incredibly easy and no pressure.
MGMT1101 was very much a low pressure course. That said most people think its a WAM booster without effort, which it isn't unless you do the work and that ended up catching a lot of people by surprise when I did it I think. You've really gotta put the time into the group assignment to get the marks there and the journals are marked hard too, so you've really gotta write them well, which together a significant part of the course overall. And most of the tutors don't just give away the participation marks either. I enjoyed the subject but it is very fluffy in terms of content.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad

Ok so I got a supp exam right. So assuming I pass this, what mark goes on my transcript? Is it just plain 50, or is it a PC, or is it 50% of the final + rest of course mark? Chem course btw.
It's usually just plain 50 or 51. No more PC grades are given out

HSC
Uni Grad

Okay so for chem it's a bit different here. You needed to have got a mark of 35% in the final exam in order to pass the course.

As for the mark in your transcript, it's the sum of your pre-final mark + your supplementary exam mark (or your final mark, whatever is higher), but your supplementary mark might be capped to a credit I think. I remember you do not get exactly 50 for the course.

ebbygoo

HSC

Okay so for chem it's a bit different here. You needed to have got a mark of 35% in the final exam in order to pass the course.

As for the mark in your transcript, it's the sum of your pre-final mark + your supplementary exam mark (or your final mark, whatever is higher), but your supplementary mark might be capped to a credit I think. I remember you do not get exactly 50 for the course.

Thanks for that man that makes sense.

On the positive note though I just got another email saying they messed up I actually passed AHHAA legit the biggest stress relief I've ever had. Was freaking over how to study with one day notice haha

HSC
Uni Grad

Thanks for that man that makes sense.

On the positive note though I just got another email saying they messed up I actually passed AHHAA legit the biggest stress relief I've ever had. Was freaking over how to study with one day notice haha
Thank the lord man, nice to know you passed. (Y)

The chemistry 1A final exam is pretty hard especially if you haven't done chemistry before though.

Last edited:

Orthos

HSC

Thank the lord man, nice to know you passed. (Y)

The chemistry 1A final exam is pretty hard especially if you haven't done chemistry before though, that said.
This makes absolutely none sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)