UNSW chit chat thread (2 Viewers)

akkatracker

HSC
Re: UNSW chit chat thread 2017

theres such a lack of art subs banter so here i am ready to contribute

im taking arts1030 rn and jesus crust i could smell the sea of pretentiousness 10 minutes into the lecture..... fr people were just regurgitating what the lecturer was saying and marinating it with their extensive vocab like wthf we geddit.... we're all doing english n shit here pal /rant

also i cant access echo????? does anybody know how to fix im on a mac air and whenever i click echo360 it goes grey with a sad pixel paper looking at me
With echo try a different browser - the sad pixel paper is chrome running out of memory iirc. Earlier last week there was an issue with chrome not being able to use Echo because of the security certificates.

Also seems as though "Wankerness" is apparent across the spectrum of first year courses. Hopefully it dies down after the first few weeks otherwise I'm going to cringe so hard I'll shrivel up.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A

Yep try a different browser

Echo wasn't working with chrome for me

Jakulore

HSC

So what's the tea with the internet at UNSW? Like do we pay, or do we just use it, is there a cap? Or what... Because I have just been using it to do anything without thinking much about it tbh.

b0b101

Pharaoh
HSC

So what's the tea with the internet at UNSW? Like do we pay, or do we just use it, is there a cap? Or what... Because I have just been using it to do anything without thinking much about it tbh.
Pretty sure it's free.
Same thing at ANU

akkatracker

HSC

Where are some good places to burn an hour doing some work? Library isn't worth the trek for me tbh.

Been using the science theatre foyer because good toilets, quiet, not crowded and decent internet. Anyone else got suggestions?

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad

you can use it as much as you want anytime you want

but don'e go torrenting terabytes of movies....

mreditor16

HSC

All video streaming on Moodle was down for the vast majority of yesterday FYI people.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

theres such a lack of art subs banter so here i am ready to contribute

im taking arts1030 rn and jesus crust i could smell the sea of pretentiousness 10 minutes into the lecture..... fr people were just regurgitating what the lecturer was saying and marinating it with their extensive vocab like wthf we geddit.... we're all doing english n shit here pal /rant

also i cant access echo????? does anybody know how to fix im on a mac air and whenever i click echo360 it goes grey with a sad pixel paper looking at me
dw during my first english tute, you do the whole chat to classmates about what degree you do

i said "oh i do arts and maths"

girl i was talking to said, "maths?! what are you doing here?"

i was like :|

keepLooking

HSC

So what's the tea with the internet at UNSW? Like do we pay, or do we just use it, is there a cap?
It is included in the 4k+ you pay every sem.

Hard to choose when it's the first lab and half the people are going around "hey how many languages do you know", then you watch them proceed to open up Python IDLE and write a program that infinite loops "hey" and act like they're a coding ninja. /rant
You are probably over-exaggerating here. I have not seen anyone do that yet.

What should I expect in the ENGG1000 impromptu design reflection task?
You get given an extract that should be based on Engineering Design (process?) and you answer 3/4 questions while relating that to your personal experience on the day. It is worth 5% but the markers hate giving out easy marks - half the people I knew got only 3/5.

sourmilk

HSC

Does anyone know where on moodle you can go to confirm you passed the ELISE test? I just finished it and passed it and all but I kinda want some other proof so its not week 5 when I get a email saying surprise bitch.... you aint gonna s2 this year

In other news - do I have to try and become an auditory learner... cos im used to the visual :C

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A

Does anyone know where on moodle you can go to confirm you passed the ELISE test? I just finished it and passed it and all but I kinda want some other proof so its not week 5 when I get a email saying surprise bitch.... you aint gonna s2 this year

In other news - do I have to try and become an auditory learner... cos im used to the visual :C
u can chek on myunsw

if it's not a visual subject ur best method is mindmaps/flow charts

Jakulore

HSC

How come I have the luck that they check attendance in half the lectures I have :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)