UNSW chit chat thread (2 Viewers)

leehuan

HSC
Re: UNSW chit chat thread 2016

I very much want HDs in everything.

But the rate I'm going right now I'm expecting a credit average.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Doesn't necessarily get harder but the workload increases

No mention of a woman
wat

there are at least two mentions of women:

- MathSoc Vice President
- the BoS-er girl I'm advocating for for another society's sub-committee

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A

wat

- MathSoc Vice President
in a light that's strictly not ur boner speaking

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

I very much want HDs in everything.

But the rate I'm going right now I'm expecting a credit average.
You're most likely going to do substantially better than this.

wat

- MathSoc Vice President
Just accept the praise.

leehuan

HSC

You're most likely going to do substantially better than this.

Just accept the praise.
Hopefully so.

I've been doubting myself thoroughly, but at the same time I seem to be on top of things in tutorials so it could be lack of confidence.

HSC

For exemptions from econ1202/econ1203 from having done math1131/math1231 do exemptions have to be applied or do they apply automatically after I have finished math1131/math1231? Like no need for applications. Thanks.

Last edited:

Mr_Kap

HSC

Can someone tell me why i need maths for COMP science degree? I'm really struggling with math, and I might JUST pass (hopefully), but now It's gonna make my WAM so low that im gonna have to drop to normal science from ADV Science. I also need to do discrete math and math 1231 next sem, So my wam is truly going to suffer.

Yeh. Tough life

leehuan

HSC

Can someone tell me why i need maths for COMP science degree? I'm really struggling with math, and I might JUST pass (hopefully), but now It's gonna make my WAM so low that im gonna have to drop to normal science from ADV Science. I also need to do discrete math and math 1231 next sem, So my wam is truly going to suffer.

Yeh. Tough life
Computer technology exists...cause of maths...

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC

For exemptions from econ1202/econ1203 from having done math1131/math1231 do exemptions have to be applied or do they apply automatically after I have finished math1131/math1231? Like no need for applications. Thanks.
E-mail your program coordinator and ask.

Try to enrol in the course you want and if your enrolment is unsuccessful then you can e-mail the course convener for that semester and get them to automatically enrol you after you show them that you have satisfied all the requirements beforehand.

Should work that way. I skipped quite a few pre-reqs like that.

Yeh. Tough life
There's a bit of abstract maths in comp sci. If a student does comp eng then the maths gets more involving and is more related to other areas.

HSC

If I was able to enrol into the subject, does that mean I satisfied the prerequisites? So i shouldn't contact my lecturer-in-charge, but rather the business school, since I don't know who my program coordinator especially since it is mid-sem break?

So, anomalousdecay, I shouldn't have to worry right since even if i missed pre-requisites and didn't/couldn't contact, the mark I received for the subject (since it was a subject I did last semester and also this semester , i know i'm stupid) shouldn't be invalid or do i have to do the subject again?

I'm not sure since math1131 apparently is a substitute for econ1202 for one of my subs, but I don't know if i need to apply for course substitution but since I was able to still enrol into econ2101 which needed econ1202, does that mean it should be fine ?

I guess what I mean is substitutes are automatic, I don't have to contact anyone since it is on my academic transcript right? so since I did math1131, it automatically means I satisfied econ1202 and don't need to do it, right?

Sorry for all these questions. Thank you so so so much for your reply, anomalousdecay. At the most, it shouldn't mean the mark for that one sub I already did is invalid.

One of my current sub (econ2102), says a pre-requisite is econ1203, but I have already done math1131/math1231 which is a substitute, but since I'm doing econ1203 (even though i don't have, but just doing it for cpa) this semester, would i have to drop econ2102? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Flop21

HSC

Yeh. Tough life
we can do it mr kap

we only have to do 3 math subjects, and if you do it all this year, bam no more math ever

I can imagine more complex programming needing more complex math

But yeah I don't know shit for math and I'm behind, but I'm also falling behind in another sub and got all these assessments so can't solely focus on math to catch up.

leehuan

HSC

we can do it mr kap

we only have to do 3 math subjects, and if you do it all this year, bam no more math ever

I can imagine more complex programming needing more complex math

But yeah I don't know shit for math and I'm behind, but I'm also falling behind in another sub and got all these assessments so can't solely focus on math to catch up.
I remember saying this about English

HSC

is it possible to enrol into another course this semester this late? with obviously financial penalty

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad

I remember saying this about English
I'm doing in class tests for accounting for information systems now, and its pretty much engrish comprehension for the occasional task. :/

leehuan

HSC

I'm doing in class tests for accounting for information systems now, and its pretty much engrish comprehension for the occasional task. :/
Oh dear that does not sound pleasant... meanwhile I'm just enjoying my elementary accounting course

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)