UNSW interview news... (2 Viewers)

bingman

HSC
KFunk said:
Yeah, it's suddenly clicked with them that if you want to get kids into the interview stage then it's gonna help if they get a decent estimate.
but it hasnt really clicked with them to set trials at a time so that it didnt conflict with umat.
i had 6 exams including umat, in first week of trials, that was pretty awful.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
bingman said:
but it hasnt really clicked with them to set trials at a time so that it didnt conflict with umat.
i had 6 exams including umat, in first week of trials, that was pretty awful.
Yeah good point, I had exams on either side of the UMAT as well. I think we should probably talk to them about that some time.

bingman

HSC
Yeah, I'll probably mention it when i get my report tomorrow.
But this guy from 04 told me that they've raised the issue about the timing of trials and umat, but i guess that did nothing for us.

lala2

Banned
HSC
I didn't get one but two classmates I know did, and one was repeating specifically for UNSW Medicine, so I'm glad for her in particular, but to them both I'm happy for.

currysauce

Actuary in the making
HSC
rejection

i must of really stuffed my UMAT, cuz i got my 98 UAI estimate... didn't do much :(

oh well it was worth trying!

Last edited:

jennylim

HSC
i found out today my predicted UAI was around 98-99. so that might explain the interview (i had and still have a very bad feeling about UMAT).

excited still, but beginning to be slightly queasy about this whole thing. the interview is so worrying.

ETA: one girl at my school has already gotten a rejection. as far as i know only 2 of us have interviews so far.

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
currysauce said:
rejection

i must of really stuffed my UMAT, cuz i got my 98 UAI estimate... didn't do much :(

oh well it was worth trying!
I had 99 and i got a rejection today. Must have really flunked the UMAT then. Which sucks cause that probably blows my chances for other unis also.

lum

HSC
how do u pplz know what uai prediction the principal circled? for us, all princiapl/staff comments are done wifout being shown to us, ie. we give em our completed forms, they fill in their part and mail it themselves.

my estimate was 93, but i'm not sure what my principal circled... i hope i did well in umat, like 220+, so that i'd only need a mid 98uai...

Skywalker

HSC
N/A
Well maybe your principal followed the "rules" and complied with the instructions on the sheet. You're not supposed to see your prediction.

Last edited:

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
Lucky. We only got around 10 interview offers which is less than expected. (I wasn't expecting one at all though)

EDIT: Your lucky, selecting your own uai prediction :p

Last edited:

lum

HSC
Skywalker said:
Well maybe your principal followed the "rules" and complied with the instructions on the sheet. You're not supposed to see your prediction.
that's why i was wondering how come the 10 ppl before me knew what their predicted UAI was...

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
bingman said:
hey bob j, were u from fort st? Are you talking abt moxhem?
this year, the school gave us all estimates of 98+
That was on my recommendation.

And damn Moxham, she's still a blasted witch.

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
I posted it a couple of pages back. The night before they were released. I believe it was monday night.

NT-social

HSC
man, im not getting anything...no rejection.....no offer....its so annoying, just tell me already

>monkey<

HSC
no interview for me!! :( i got an estimated uai of 99 so i must have really screwed up umat...i guess that screws up ne chance of medicine for me!!....oh well, vet science here i come!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)