• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

UNSW Open Day 2014. (1 Viewer)

astroman

HSC
will there be some sought of racing car racing thing in any of the engo faculties tmrw?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
will there be some sought of racing car racing thing in any of the engo faculties tmrw?
There might be a really cool simulator as I have heard (shame I can't come and check it out).

There will be the high school students doing the solar car challenge thing at the quadrangle lawn. Though you can't really do much there as its an actual competition which every year coincides with Open Day.

iirc; sunswift will be displaying their car and same with redback racing.
Highly doubt either would be doing anything. Not sure about sunswift though.

If you want to catch those you would need to at least go for O-week semester 1. Otherwise there'll most likely be nothing.

I am assuming you mean the sunswift car. No it doesn't; it is completely 100% electric
Sun --> Son --> SON --> NOS

Therefore Sun is NOS :p

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
There might be a really cool simulator as I have heard (shame I can't come and check it out).

There will be the high school students doing the solar car challenge thing at the quadrangle lawn.

Highly doubt either would be doing anything. Not sure about sunswift though.

If you want to catch those you would need to at least go for O-week semester 1. Otherwise there'll most likely be nothing.

Sun --> Son --> SON --> NOS

Therefore Sun is NOS :p
all I know for sure is that comp sci have their soccer robots which is pretty cool. iirc someone said something about sunswift but cannot confirm

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
all I know for sure is that comp sci have their soccer robots which is pretty cool. iirc someone said something about sunswift but cannot confirm
The soccer robots are called RunSwift so maybe that?

However, I would recommend going all the way to the end of upper campus, past scientia, to the building just opposite the walkway at the post office. Iirc, they had some stuff for Sunswift there.

Redback could have something from years back, though I doubt it.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Theres a large scale slot car set. But as AD mentioned its for a comp

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)