UNSW Open Day 2014. (1 Viewer)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Hi everyone.

So UNSW Open Day is just around the corner. Its a really good day to get you keen towards what you want to study at university.

The Open Day is on Saturday the 6th of September 2014.

From personal experience, if you take advantage of this day you will end up happier. Last year I went and took advantage of open day and it really gave me a depth of knowledge on what I wanted to do in university and where it could lead me beyond university for my future career later on.

As I have said before, Open Day last year gave me the most informed decision as to what I really wanted to do. I highly recommend high school students going to really see what they want to do. I also recommend that following around your friends with completely different interests is something that you absolutely do not want to do. The last thing you want is to end up knowing what your friends are going to do but have no clue what you are going to do.

I would recommend registering for events on the site below and planning your day ahead of time to make the most of your opportunity to really get a grip on where you want to go after high school.

http://openday.unsw.edu.au/?gclid=CNL5gcDKksACFVUHvAodtAMASw

From memory, I went to about 6 different engineering talks on the day and I ended up leaving UNSW with a firm impression of which stream of engineering I wanted to do. In the end that was my decision and I am glad it was as I am so happy with my choice and if it were not for Open Day, I may have ended up doing something else which would have not really been a good idea.

Also, I recommend doing thorough research before you go to Open Day to have a good idea of what you want to do and how to make the most of the day, while also allowing yourself to gain insight into where you want to end up.

As for travel, if you go in the morning at around 8 am to 11 am, there should be a few people at Central on Eddy Avenue after you cross the road who will be in yellow shirts to guide you to uni and will give out booklets for the day's plan and what talks are on, what events are on, etc. They will also let you know to catch the 891 bus from Stand D of the bus stops and you should be able to find your way to UNSW easily.

As for where buildings are, look on a UNSW map to see where the building is, and you should be able to find your way to different lecture theatres from there.

Also, post any enquiries you have regarding Open Day here and Best of Luck for your endeavours :)

astroman

HSC
guy's what's the best way to get to UNSW?? I live in the western suburbs and most likely will catch a train.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
guy's what's the best way to get to UNSW?? I live in the western suburbs and most likely will catch a train.

Catch train to central. Go to eddy avenue bus stand. There will be free buses open day
Look for the yellow shirts to guide you!!!

And yes there are free 891 buses but only on Open Day. Rest of the year you need a my bus 2 or a my multi ticket.

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
doesnt matter where you live, as long as you get to central rest is ezy

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Do not get into a white van if a man in a pedo bear suit offers you lollies. Instead run away, cause FREE lollies.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys I will be working at a stall. Come say hi on open day. Will give freebies, which include but are not limited to gobbies

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I will be at 2 stalls. So come drop by. May or may not give you freebies at each respective stall based on your CAG appearance.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Redbull, gourmet lunch rather than the typical sausage sizzle waiting4dayz, win ez prizes (gift cards), bags etc

alex4nder

HSC
Couple of questions about the open day:
Are the residential colleges doing anything? I couldn't seem to find anything about it on the open day site
At Usyd open day they had an area where you could talk one-on-one with lecturers and students for various courses - does anyone know if something similar is happening at unsw open day / if so whereabouts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)