UNSW vs UWS Med 2013 (1 Viewer)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
This is the main positive for unsw imo. Whilst uws probably has a better social life within the med cohort, uws med has poor prospects for involvement with the rest of the uni community simply because its so detached
Yep.

Plus you guys have like 8 societies at UWS.
All of them shit.
Otherwise I'd be at UWS right now.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Yep.

Plus you guys have like 8 societies at UWS.
All of them shit.
Otherwise I'd be at UWS right now.
On the other hand the actual cohort itself at uws is pretty rad and you become close with the second years too.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
On the other hand the actual cohort itself at uws is pretty rad and you become close with the second years too.
Yeah, but like, I like doing other stuff too.
E.g. I'm in 3 gay societies, 2 singing/performing societies, infinity drinking societies, science revue, scisoc, mathsoc, physoc, etc.

I like the Faculty of Medicine Building at UWS a lot better - maybe because its new and near a lake plus its near Macarthur Square. But UNSW is redeveloping their faculty so...
My house is across the road from a lake and The Square is pretty shit, esp. when you've been going there since you were ~a month old.

UWS has hotter girls. therefore it is better.
Everyone to USyd!

K

khorne

I love how people think they have a shot at several unis.

m8 if you were tank enough to be able to choose, you'd know the answer to your q already.

GL but

there's always comm/adv maths when you don't get it

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
UWS has hotter girls. therefore it is better.
But the guys are disgusting. Ew.

I love how people think they have a shot at several unis.

m8 if you were tank enough to be able to choose, you'd know the answer to your q already.

GL but
This.

Not to be mean, but you probs won't get to pick.

I know people that got 99.7 this year and only got offered like 1 or 2 places, neither of them in NSW.

delian

HSC
N/A
Newcastle has one of the best programs. Also, it is a 5yr degree rather than unsw 6 years.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
not sure u can say which unis have the "best" programs as each one is unique and has a different way of presenting the content. its just a matter of what kind of learner you are. e.g. certain unis place greater emphasis on the practical side of things with greater number of clinical hours while others have a greater focus on textbook learning.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Newcastle has one of the best programs. Also, it is a 5yr degree rather than unsw 6 years.
Yeah newcastle seems to have a really cool programme too, I think u guus pioneered pbl in australia.

But yeah, as dr fresh said its hard to determine which is better, depends what you are looking for. I tried my best to look at it as objectively as possible in my large post above, but its different for every1

mirakon

nigga
HSC
if you're talking about a wider variety of societies and extra activities etc. I would say unsw and usyd are more vibrant than uws. However UWS has a really tightknit cohort and students often organise a lot of social events amongst themselves.

Johno23

HSC
N/A
But the guys are disgusting. Ew.

This.

Not to be mean, but you probs won't get to pick.

I know people that got 99.7 this year and only got offered like 1 or 2 places, neither of them in NSW.
Are you a f*****? Why do you keep commenting on how guys look?

planino

HSC
which uni (let's also include USYD for comparison's sake) has better medical equipment?

And which uni places emphasis on textbook, rather than practical experience (but still has a large practical component)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)