UTS Law (1 Viewer)

random101231

HSC
Hey guys, so it's my first semester at USYD and im studying bachelor of engineering (honours), however i absolutely hate it and am struggling in it. I would like to transfer to UTS Law, however I only have a 81.15 atar. Can anyone suggest what I should do, as i am miserable and know i'm going to fail in my current degree.

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
Hey guys, so it's my first semester at USYD and im studying bachelor of engineering (honours), however i absolutely hate it and am struggling in it. I would like to transfer to UTS Law, however I only have a 81.15 atar. Can anyone suggest what I should do, as i am miserable and know i'm going to fail in my current degree.
repeat hsc and get 100 atar then go law

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
There are usually three possible options that you could contemplate in order to transfer to your chosen degree, the first one being to try and perform to the best of your abilities in the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) so that your results end up being high enough to transfer to UTS’s Bachelor of Laws. However, from your post, this does not seem to be feasible.

This leaves you with two possible paths:
  • Apply for inpUTS - This is essentially UTS’s version of the Educational Access Scheme (EAS), meaning that it requires an application through UAC. If you have experienced long-term educational disadvantage as a result of circumstances beyond your control, you may be eligible to apply for this scheme. The advantage of this is that it reduces the required ATAR for the Bachelor of Laws to 80.
  • Transfer to another degree at USyd or another institution (preferably a Bachelor of Laws) - If you transfer to a degree that is more relevant to your study interests, you are more likely to perform well. Of course, it would be a good idea to try to receive an offer for a Bachelor of Laws at another university rather than studying a random degree. You should have a look at the Bachelor of Laws at WSU, MQ and ACU as you may have a better chance of receiving an offer from those universities. From that point onwards, your goal would be to perform at the highest possible standard so that you can subsequently attempt a transfer to UTS’s Bachelor of Laws.
I hope this helps! 😄

random101231

HSC
Sorry to be a bother, but I just wanted to ask one more question. Basically I am doing Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) at USYD, however I have now withdrew from any Engineering subjects, like maths and programming and stuff. However I have kept my major which is the Innovation and Entrepreneurship subject, which is kind of like business. I was thinking if I do more business subjects under my major next semester without any engineering subjects, would I still be able to receive a WAM?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Sorry to be a bother, but I just wanted to ask one more question. Basically I am doing Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) at USYD, however I have now withdrew from any Engineering subjects, like maths and programming and stuff. However I have kept my major which is the Innovation and Entrepreneurship subject, which is kind of like business. I was thinking if I do more business subjects under my major next semester without any engineering subjects, would I still be able to receive a WAM?
Yes, the units that you take as part of your program, whether core, major, or elective units, will result in a WAM. In your case, completing units from the Innovation and Entrepreneurship major means that you will receive a WAM.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)