UWS 2013 Roll Call (1 Viewer)

J374.

HSC
N/A
Parra, Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws :D

ShayK

HSC
Parramatta, Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)/Bachelor of Law :)

SanjoyM

HSC
Bachelor of Psychology/ Arts (Literarture SocSci)/Law, Campbeltown :D
For those who are undertaking art units, which ones did you select?
I selected:
1. Contemporary Culture (Autumn)
2. Texts and Traditions (Spring)

Last edited:

SanjoyM

HSC
LOL No. Typing error. Psychology is inclusive of the Arts degree, alongside SocSci and literature :)

C

Chayum

Bachelor of International Studies + Bachelor of Business/Commerce @ Parramatta :)

Dylanamali

HSC
wooooooo!

Bachelor of Medicine / Bachelor of Surgery @ Campbelltown Campus

SanjoyM

HSC
wooooooo!

Bachelor of Medicine / Bachelor of Surgery @ Campbelltown Campus
OMGGGGG!! Yay! Congratulations! Truly VERY happy for you!
Your dedication and passion is immense and truly beared fruition.
Now, I know that anything is possible as long as you have passion, motivation and moral strength!
NEVER giving up... MED one day or the other!
Once again, Congrats!! You DID IT!!

Dylanamali

HSC
OMGGGGG!! Yay! Congratulations! Truly VERY happy for you!
Your dedication and passion is immense and truly beared fruition.
Now, I know that anything is possible as long as you have passion, motivation and moral strength!
NEVER giving up... MED one day or the other!
Once again, Congrats!! You DID IT!!
Thanks Sanjoy!
Your exactly right.. never give up and never lose hope.
If you have the passion and desire I'm sure that you will get there in the end.
Wishing you all the best!

Btw - I was saved by the Adv Sci course =), still recommend it =P.. without it I wouldn't have even gotten an interview, let alone a place in Medicine.

SanjoyM

HSC
Thanks Sanjoy!
Your exactly right.. never give up and never lose hope.
If you have the passion and desire I'm sure that you will get there in the end.
Wishing you all the best!

Btw - I was saved by the Adv Sci course =), still recommend it =P.. without it I wouldn't have even gotten an interview, let alone a place in Medicine.
Haha! LOL ... Now, I am in a bit of a quandary regarding my choice :p I still put Bachelor of Science Adv for late round offers... Hopefully, no maths lol
I hate the UMAT though :'( I'll prob be stuck in the low 80's FOREVER!! :\ lol

Dylanamali

HSC
Haha! LOL ... Now, I am in a bit of a quandary regarding my choice :p I still put Bachelor of Science Adv for late round offers... Hopefully, no maths lol
I hate the UMAT though :'( I'll prob be stuck in the low 80's FOREVER!! :\ lol
Haha, if i recall correctly, UWS's B Sc (Adv) does give offers in the late round. So good luck!
As I said to you earlier, Maths is an option - definitely not compulsory.

If you achieved 80's in the UMAT in your first attempt, I'd say that your definitely in a good position..
In 2011 I only achieved 50th%ile in the UMAT, in 2012, I managed to improve - but only to a modest and very borderline 80%ile / 144 weighted
I was the 6th and last person chosen via the Sci Stream.. so I'd say that if you can get in the mid to high 80's in the UMAT, you'd have a good shot at being in the 6.

SanjoyM

HSC
Haha, if i recall correctly, UWS's B Sc (Adv) does give offers in the late round. So good luck!
As I said to you earlier, Maths is an option - definitely not compulsory.

If you achieved 80's in the UMAT in your first attempt, I'd say that your definitely in a good position..
In 2011 I only achieved 50th%ile in the UMAT, in 2012, I managed to improve - but only to a modest and very borderline 80%ile / 144 weighted
I was the 6th and last person chosen via the Sci Stream.. so I'd say that if you can get in the mid to high 80's in the UMAT, you'd have a good shot at being in the 6.
If I do get an offer, I'll willingly accept it now for Adv Sci :D Oh thank god! There is still hope and time to improve for UMAT.
In the worst scenario, I do not get into Adv Sci, what UMAT will I need to attain an interview? Please be 86...please pls pls.. otherwise, I'm going to die.. lol

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I got 86th percentile

151.5 weighted

And I got an interview

But I stuffed up my interview

Awks.

Dylanamali

HSC
If I do get an offer, I'll willingly accept it now for Adv Sci :D Oh thank god! There is still hope and time to improve for UMAT.
In the worst scenario, I do not get into Adv Sci, what UMAT will I need to attain an interview? Please be 86...please pls pls.. otherwise, I'm going to die.. lol
UWS does weighted interview.. so it's difficult to say a percentile.
But yeah as Riproot says around 151.5 was the GWS cut-off for 2012. However, you should expect that to rise a few points as it has each consecutive year.
Also, UMAT scores are not valid 2 years in a row.. so if you achieved 86 in 2012, that will no longer be valid in 2013. You will have to re-do the UMAT and that score will be used.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)