What are the students at Campbelltown like?,,, friendly? ethnicity etc

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
The ones I know are all very nice :)

LolaBell

HSC
Yeah but which ethnicities are predominant e.g. at Parramatta I know there are mostly Arabs

btw Riproot are you studying there?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
There are your friendly people and there are also people who can make your life a nightmare and also annoy the heck out of you. These people exist across all unis.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
The GF hasnt come home demanding for someone to be murdered so I guess its pretty tame.

And why does ethnicity even play a role?

Deniz_

HSC
I worked at a shop near that campus, all of the ones I noticed looked friendly but I havent met any personally :eek:

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
You'd love it. I transferred out of UWS for USyd and I'll comment that the community there (at UWS) is like a close family.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
You'd love it. I transferred out of UWS for USyd and I'll comment that the community there (at UWS) is like a close family.
I'll agree with that

USyd is much more mingling with people from different faculties and stuff and you get to know who you like and don't bother with people you don't.

Yay

I Study Hard

HSC
I'm applying for LLB/BSc there so I hope everyone is nice. :spin:
I'm doing Law at UWS at the moment and tbh I would recommend that you apply elsewhere to do your LLB. I was quite happy with my degree until the uni made some cuts due to it's budget. They have cut HALF of the LLB electives, leaving not much of a selection. Of the half that are still left they are barely running any of them next year.

Super annoyed at UWS at the moment as not only have they made huge cuts to unit availability and made ~40 staff redundant (i'm talking university wide, not law school specific) but then they anounced a $35million project (the one where they give 11,000 iPads to new undergrad students in 2013). I don't understand how a university can justify compromising an education due to issues with funding and then turn around and give away 11,000 new iPads.

Sorry, kind of went off on a tangent, but basically what I'm trying to say is, I like UWS but at the moment a law degree is quite limited at this University and there are major concerns about a misuse of funds.

OP - The people at Campbelltown are quite friendly, I would say predominantly white though we do have a huge mix of students. Ethnicity should not be something that concerns you though, good people are good people, no matter the colour of their skin =)

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
^ Cuts are being made everywhere unfortunately. :(

On topic again, I swearby my previous experience at UWS - the community is like a close family, staff are approachable, everyone is friendly and learning facilities are actually good - hate the Campbelltown library though (some printers work and some don't; plus don't get me started with those laptops!)

Last edited:

I Study Hard

HSC
^ Cuts are being made everywhere unfortunately. :(

On topic again, I swearby my previous experience at UWS - the community is like a close family, staff are approachable, everyone is friendly and learning facilities are actually good - hate the Campbelltown library though (some printers work and some don't; plus don't get me started with those laptops!)
Agree with staff being approachable, I have never had a problem with getting some extra help with any of my lecturers, they're all happy to schedule a time to go over any question I have etc.
The library isn't bad 95% of the time, but then you get those days where everything seems to be going wrong, and it always seems to be on a day where you have something that urgently needs printing =P

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
It's a fairly multicultural campus tbh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)