UWS really isn't that bad. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
You realise us at Usyd don't tend to study in the old sandstone buildings anyway, retard? Plus they are beautifully kept anyway.

Be proud of your uni if you want, but I've found my uni to have excellent support networks, the lecturers are fantastic and always approachable, we have very good facilities plus I have a much greater range of majors to choose from.

Talking up UWS is fine, but I notice that at those the unis commonly referred to as "lower tier" only seem to try enhance the talking up of their unis by putting down the more prestigious ones. Everyone sees through this.

Jealously is not becoming.
When did somebody put down another uni ITT?

Btw if i had a choice of going to USyd or UNSW, i wouldn't go anyway. Nothing against the uni.

I don't believe in going to a uni just for its "prestige". Experience and personality are the most important factors when it comes to getting a job.

bio_nut

HSC
When did somebody put down another uni ITT?

Btw if i had a choice of going to USyd or UNSW, i wouldn't go anyway. Nothing against the uni.

I don't believe in going to a uni just for its "prestige". Experience and personality are the most important factors when it comes to getting a job.
First post.

bio_nut

HSC
Honestly you're stupid if you concern yourselves with buildings. That goes for you too OP.

I apologise for part of my previous comment though.
I don't give a fuck about buildings. I think it's laughable that that's the only point she could come up with against us. Whether she likes it or not, Usyd is a good uni.

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
I don't give a fuck about buildings. I think it's laughable that that's the only point she could come up with against us. Whether she likes it or not, Usyd is a good uni.
I totally agree with you. I don't think that anybody has the right to put down other unis, especially because of buildings.

I wish everyone could just get over this uni bullshit. Just study, get some experience, do whatever you can to get where you want, which uni you go to isn't a limitation.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Yes, USyd has its strengths. And the buildings are beautiful, not that it should be a deciding factor. (If anyone sees EA at night, it's pretty too, right guyz??)

But UWS has its strengths too. I think this thread is a reaction to the general consensus that UWS has no good qualities whatsoever, when in reality it does.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
I wish everyone could just get over this uni bullshit. Just study, get some experience, do whatever you can to get where you want, which uni you go to isn't a limitation.
I totally agree with you. I just wish that the people who have berated me for choosing UWS saw it that way, but such is life.

At the end of the day I have good marks and am being proactive in trying to find appropriate internships/work experience. I know many people who have done well regardless of graduating from UWS, three of those people are in the midst of PhD's.

Success is ultimately up to the individual.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
really want to get into UNSW..

modern/futuristic looking buildings are the ones for me.
--

unfortunately for now, UWS has that stigma attached to it.. don't see that changing any time soon

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
I totally agree with you. I just wish that the people who have berated me for choosing UWS saw it that way, but such is life.

At the end of the day I have good marks and am being proactive in trying to find appropriate internships/work experience. I know many people who have done well regardless of graduating from UWS, three of those people are in the midst of PhD's.

Success is ultimately up to the individual.
Yeah unfortunately it's hard to change people's perception.

lind27

HSC
I think uws has the most helpful lecturers and tutors out of uts and macq. It's also are more relaxed atmosphere and the parra campus has nice new fascilities including a subway. I'm contemplating going back there.

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
I think uws has the most helpful lecturers and tutors out of uts and macq. It's also are more relaxed atmosphere and the parra campus has nice new fascilities including a subway. I'm contemplating going back there.

the library is awesome!

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
I am yet to see what the big deal is about UWS being a trashy, shithole uni that is close to the equivalent of tafe. Personally I think it's decent, no social life whatsoever but the Campbelltown campus is great and I actually prefer not having old, decrepit hogwarts buildings.
So what's all the whinging about it being a shithole for?
You realise that the insides of many of these 'decrepit' buildings are quite modern, right? It's not like we sit there shivering on crumbling stone benches whilst copying our lecture notes onto parchment. Not to mention as bio_nut said, you're lucky to get one lecture a week in any of those buildings anyway.

But yeah, the Campbelltown campus is quite nice. If you want an alternative view though, I recommend visiting the old Blacktown campus which isn't quite so picturesque. Haha.

I must agree with some of the others though, the idea of comparing the unis really annoys me. I keep seeing all of these "Not going to _____ University" Facebook fan pages and looking at the comments I think it's ridiculous that so many people (regardless of where they go) can become so passionate about bagging other unis to make their own look better. Each has its own merits and drawbacks and it's impossible to determine which is the 'best' overall, because there simply isn't one.

Last edited:

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
You realise that the insides of many of these 'decrepit' buildings are quite modern, right? It's not like we sit there shivering on crumbling stone benches whilst copying our lecture notes onto parchment. Not to mention as bio_nut said, you're lucky to get one lecture a week in any of those buildings anyway.

But yeah, the Campbelltown campus is quite nice. If you want an alternative view though, I recommend visiting the old Blacktown campus which isn't quite so picturesque. Haha.

I must agree with some of the others though, the idea of comparing the unis really annoys me. I keep seeing all of these "Not going to _____ University" Facebook fan pages and looking at the comments I think it's ridiculous that so many people (regardless of where they go) can become so passionate about bagging other unis to make their own look better. Each has its own merits and drawbacks and it's impossible to determine which is the 'best' overall, because there simply isn't one.
denial

HSC
Uni Grad
To UWS students:

If you made it into USyd or UNSW, would you have still chosen UWS?

rokkuguhyo

HSC
To UWS students:

If you made it into USyd or UNSW, would you have still chosen UWS?
Probably, because I've always lived in and been educated at the western suburbs anyway. I think I'm more comfortable at UWS than I would be at either of those unis.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)