V8 Supercars 2005 (1 Viewer)

M-turkey

Zoom Zoom
HSC
Seeing that the V8 season has its "preview" along side the Melbourne GP, I thought I would start this thread.

First off, whats this stuff about Marcus Ambrose considering NASCAR?

HSC
I watched it and it was a real mad dash. But I was so confused .... everyone has changed teams and the colour schemes on their cars!

Ambrose is mad if he wants to go to Nascar - he'd get bored so easily and realise that you can't go bumping competitors cars off the track. *namely Mr. Skaife* ;)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Argonaut said:
HRT sucks (especailly Skaife).
Couldn't have said it better myself :p I wonder sometimes how skaife can get his helmet on.

About time someone had a v8 thread :p

Ambrose is probably just doing it for publicity - although, does anyone know if he wants to go to f1? Cause thats a path he can choose - and ambrose is ranked highly in australias best ever drives (why the hell though).

I missed most of todays race cause I fell asleep after uni ... but i taped it.

It will be Lowndes's year this year :)

spooky's.gal

HSC
ok, hoping someone can help me here!
channel 10 is showing eight hours - yes, that's right, eight hours - of motorsport tomorrow. now, i dont have any kind of problem with that, BUT my boy is a big fan of the v8's, thus wants me to tape tomorrows program. my question is, do i need to find enough tapes for all eight hours or what? is there a schedule or something so i can just get the v8 stuff for him? help please!!!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
It wasn't hard for ingall to beat skaife last year :p just about half the field beat him.

I hate Ingall as much as Skaife and ambrose.

spooky's.gal, 8 hours of motorsport is not enough. The times for the second race tomorrow is 2:30pm - 3:10pm (19 laps) and sunday race 3 is 11:20am - 11:40am (10 laps).

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Argonaut said:
And I'm working ALL DAY on Sunday! DAMN!
I'll sit here and laugh at you :p sorry :p

Man, I gotta study and watch car racing at the same time ... its never been possible.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
RiCe_GrOwEr said:
Bright will pay for being a traitor............
*Cough* Bright was a ford driver before he went to holden :p

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
We will just wait and see how Bright goes this season.

Since Lowndes went to Ford he has done jack shit.....

Bring back Larry Perkins and Castrol Racing

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
yeah the car which craig lowndes left last year. was on front of grid yesterday. he cant do a thing right.
he need to go back to a big budget team, i have no idea why none of them are wanting to take him in???

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Lowndes was up at the pointy end of the field throughout his time at FPR, but the problem that they had was engine reliablility. It could be the same this year, but they had a major behind the scenes shuffle and got rid of alot of people and replaced them. We will have to see what happens.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Woohoo!!! Yippee!!! Glad hes leaving :p

Wonder who SBR are going replace ambrose with? Ingall is going to resign.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Ingall is signing a new 3 year deal with SBR. I think thats what I heard - either that or I was having a nightmare.

Good race today - finally some ford team other than SBR winning. Lowndes did well as well. 28th - 6th i think - thats pretty damn good :D

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
John Bowe. Him and his team mate, Brad Jones had slicks on, everyone else had wets. Albert Park certainly does dry up very very quickly.

HSC
*SIGH*

I miss following Max Wilson ... he was my idol and brought some colour to a dull V8 paddock! Bring back his Brazilian Flair. :p

I saw the statement from FIA read out by Crompton ... but it was just an idol threat and nothing else has been done about it yet, has it?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Italian Hotshot said:
I saw the statement from FIA read out by Crompton ... but it was just an idol threat and nothing else has been done about it yet, has it?
It won't effect the V8 supercar series, it will effect F1, WRC and maybe possibly the IndyCar race on the Gold Coast. It wouldn't surprise me if something actually did happen - its politics and Stoddart trying to give ferrari and FIA a bad name.

M-turkey

Zoom Zoom
HSC
Man, I hope it stays dry tomorrow.

It disappointing when races are desided by luck (BOC running slicks) rather than a proper race.

Like todays race just finished with Skaife and Ambrose protecting the wet tyres rather than going for it.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
M-turkey said:
Man, I hope it stays dry tomorrow.
Dry races suck. They are so predictable. Wet races- anything and everything usually goes wrong. Wet tracks often test the drivers and provides entertainment as well. We don't want to see Ambrose in the lead the whole time ... so boring :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)