V8 Supercars 2005 (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
erm ... poor lowndes - the officials stuffed his lap up :mad:

Loved skaifey crashing ... oh well, not complaining about that.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
yeh, that was stuffed....damn bike dude....not meant to be there! :vcross:

but haha to bright....teaches u right 4 being late ya punk :p

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Fords first, second, third and fourth :D

Lowndes finished third :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D hes back!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I missed half the race :mad: oh well ... hopefully tomorrow lowndes can win a race :uhhuh:

sfk_fan

HSC
nice clean sweep for ambrose at clipsal. good to see lowndes up there too.
in reference to an earlier post about the replacement for ambrose, it is going to be mark winterbottom as far as i know. he's already been with SBR in the konicas back in 2003 when he won that championship so he should go pretty well back with the SBR team.

M-turkey

Zoom Zoom
HSC
I would like to revive this thread.

How good was it to see Shanghai! The Official opening thing they had on the sunday was kinda weird, but it was kool.

Good to see a Holden Domination, it's been a while...

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
M-turkey said:
I would like to revive this thread.

How good was it to see Shanghai! The Official opening thing they had on the sunday was kinda weird, but it was kool.

Good to see a Holden Domination, it's been a while...
omg! i looked for it and didnt find it :eek:

well done

yeh it's good, god for my sportal team too :cool:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
China sucked. Not because of the Holden dominantion - actually, i didn't mind them winning - I'm sick to death of ambrose.

But you don't go to watch the v8s in a grandstand! V8s is all about taking a chair and sitting right on the side of the track. And the people in china, very few even had merchandise :(

Btw, the best round so far is eastern creek - I was uming ahing whether I should go, but I decided not to go, and I should have gone, Lowndes won!!!! Hes back, and 3 poles this year already :D

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Cape said:
China sucked. Not because of the Holden dominantion - actually, i didn't mind them winning - I'm sick to death of ambrose.

But you don't go to watch the v8s in a grandstand! V8s is all about taking a chair and sitting right on the side of the track. And the people in china, very few even had merchandise :(

Btw, the best round so far is eastern creek - I was uming ahing whether I should go, but I decided not to go, and I should have gone, Lowndes won!!!! Hes back, and 3 poles this year already :D
obviously, it's a sign....you shouldnt go to races...lowndes usually wins/does well that way :|

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
braad said:
obviously, it's a sign....you shouldnt go to races...lowndes usually wins/does well that way :|
Last time I went to the race, ford had its first trifecta since 1997. So :p

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
M-turkey said:
lol, RPM managed to get Eccelstone to say "Happy 250th episode". I was surprised...
How much did they pay him :)

wait, rpm couldn't afford a couple of million dollars for bernie to say that.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
i was hoping to buy todd kelly after this race meeting, but unfortunately the bugger has form in NT.

Its a pity, im stuck with his idiotic younger brother rick 'lets bring back the biff' kelly

chookie_06

ø¤º°©ђòókîë_0 6™°º¤ø
HSC
just like to say congrats to Russell Ingall over his efforts on the weekend. and ha ha to holden. FORD #1 and 2

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Alteast Ambrose didn't win! I broke the remote control when Lowndes got the drive through :( Now we have one crappy remote left :(

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
chookie_06 said:
just like to say congrats to Russell Ingall over his efforts on the weekend. and ha ha to holden. FORD #1 and 2
it's a pity you watch the series because of a stupid (and totally negligible) 'rivalry' when the cars are pretty damned similar...

project blueprint was to create closer and more competitive racing (which it did) but it also wiped out most of the reason for brand rivalry.

same brakes, general suspension, same diff, engines which are similar. Yes, there are obvious differences, but they are so small that they're compensated by another area of the car.

basically, you should be enjoying the racing due to the actual racing. The fact that it seems you watch it for brand rivalry is sort of silly, as it disappeared many many years ago....'win on sunday, sell on monday' doesnt really ring true today, because most people know the cars are so far removed from the road-going versions that what they get from a dealer only shares a basic silhouette of the racers. Ever notice holden and ford NOT strongly pushing the 'ties' between their product and race track success? sure, they bring it up for bathurst, but the rest of the year it's a bit of a rarity.

anyway, i cant be bothered to complete my rant

cyas

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)