V8 Supercars 2005 (1 Viewer)

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
nit said:
yeh Skaife will be back...it's a question of when :)

I'm glad that that dickhead Ambrose is leaving lol.
i must admit that i might miss the rivalry he had with other drivers...like murph, but thats about it.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Ofcourse I didn't reject you Miss_gtr - I just went to sleep, I was tired. Oh, and don't go calling ford drivers dickheads - Lowndes is in no way, shape or form a dickhead. Hes actually one of the nicest guys in the whole series.

HRT and Skaife will always be lurking around somewhere. Probably towards the back of the field though :p Although they did start well at the Clipsal 500, however, this championship (like F1) just requires you do drive around in 7th place to win the championship. At Bathurst they didn't have the fastest car - infact Skaifes fastest lap was just under a 10th of a second on what Lowndes set during his opening pace, until he hit the wall :( But Bathurst you dont necessarily need a fast car - just stay out of trouble and on the lead lap.

Ambrose vs Murph is nearly as good as Ingall vs Skaife.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Cape said:
Holdens aren't superior. They just bribe AVESCO to hand out stupid drive through penalties to all the ford teams who are in contention to win a race, especially Bathurst.

Rick Kelly drives worse than me with my eyes closed! The only reason why he won Bathurst twice was because of Murph, this year proved how shit he was. Where did he finish at Bathurst again? 16th! Even Lowndes beat him, and we all know what happened to Lowndes.

Next year it will be a ford on the top of the podium at Bathurst :)
cape, stop talking trash :rolleyes:

except the rick kelly stuff...he cant drive for shit and his annoying voice overshadows his older brother (todd > Rick)....the quiet achiever i must say....

Glenn198718 said:
different opinions dont hurt anyone i say ford to win the championship net season. would like to see ford finish 1 2 and 3 just to shut you holden supporters up lol
ahhh...yeahhhhhh.... ford wont finish 1-2-3 in the championship next year. Lowndes and ingall could fill 1&2 (in that order ;)) but holden drivers are have a better chance at filling up the next 5 spots after them (courtney probably wont be all that good first year).

like i said this year, watch out for the quiet non-bag names. Team Kiwi could be strong next year, and GT with HSV team (or whetever the fuck it's called). Orrcon racing, and team dodo (or whatever it is next year), McConville (GRM)

of course, you'll always have Lowndes, Skaife, T. Kelly, Ingall, S. Richards, Murph, R. Kelly, etc

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
wow ... since when do you guys ever agree with me! Gosh! Usually you grill me to death.

Brad, would I talk trash, you know what I said was true.

lol at team dodo ... jason richards is such a tool. Is it just me or are most holden drivers tools? meh.

Courtney will be top 5 next year. Look how fast he was at Bathurst during his first time there. He was setting 2.08's, compare than with Muller who was doing something like 2.10's during practice.
And orrcon racing is getting SBR engines as well, look what they did for 888 racing, ashame that bargs can't see over the steering wheel :p

I got a cd yesterday with an interview with Lowndes on it :D Yay!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Argonaut said:
Richards isn't that bad; he's one of the 'better' Holden drivers (and by 'better' I mean he'snot an arrogant dick *cough*skaife,murphy,kellyand co*cough*. Although Team Dodo wins the Argonaut Award for the Best-Named V8 Supercar Team.
Team dodo got their name not because they are sponsored by dodo, but because they are a bunch of dodos (ie, they will soon be extinct).

What do you think about Steven Richards? I think he falls under your category of arrogant dicks. Especially after the second race in Surfers this year with Besnard.

Do I get an Argonaut Award? Pleasey :D

Argonaut said:
Yes he was blisteringly quick over the mountain. he also went out blisteringly quick, with a rookie mistake at McPhillamy. You'd think somone from SuperGT would know to follow the black bit, right?
Well sometimes following the black stuff can be more difficult than said, you should know that. Some top guys made even stupider mistakes than that, so I think he did very well. It doesn't matter if you have raced in SuperGT, test driven in F1 or whatever, v8s are a bastard to drive. But I'd love to drive one.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Argonaut said:
Yes, he is. There was no way Besnard caused that accident. OK, yes, he was at fault for braking eariler than usual, but why was Richards halfway up his exhaust pipe in the first place
Everyones brakes were probably gone, and with someone tailing you like that and brakes gone, braking a little early is usual.

Richards is just an arrogant up himself asshole who thinks (like rusty) that he can win an championship pansying around in 10th place. He thinks hes king shit when, on the odd occassions hes on pole and when hes on the podium.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Cape said:
wow ... since when do you guys ever agree with me! Gosh! Usually you grill me to death.

Brad, would I talk trash, you know what I said was true.

lol at team dodo ... jason richards is such a tool. Is it just me or are most holden drivers tools? meh.

Courtney will be top 5 next year. Look how fast he was at Bathurst during his first time there. He was setting 2.08's, compare than with Muller who was doing something like 2.10's during practice.
And orrcon racing is getting SBR engines as well, look what they did for 888 racing, ashame that bargs can't see over the steering wheel :p

I got a cd yesterday with an interview with Lowndes on it :D Yay!
a couple of flying laps means nothing

you may lol at team dodo, but they're getting alright at the enduros and other longer events, whether richards is a tool or not....

on arrogant drivers, all drivers have some "arrogance", most of the time it's more about aggression and an overload of adrenaline...for those of you who have never played sport, you wont know how big a difference there is between when you've come straight from being involved in tight competitive sport and when you've been sitting around all day. You are aggressive and you jump to conclusions.

find a sport where there isnt arrogance shown

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
braad said:
a couple of flying laps means nothing

you may lol at team dodo, but they're getting alright at the enduros and other longer events, whether richards is a tool or not....

on arrogant drivers, all drivers have some "arrogance", most of the time it's more about aggression and an overload of adrenaline...for those of you who have never played sport, you wont know how big a difference there is between when you've come straight from being involved in tight competitive sport and when you've been sitting around all day. You are aggressive and you jump to conclusions.

find a sport where there isnt arrogance shown
Obviously those few flying laps were enough to cement him a drive within V8 supercars. It was enough for SBR to offer a higher bid for him than HRT.
Actually, does Courtney have a contract with ford, or is it just SBR?

team dodo have in the recent years done well during the endurance races. They are sorta like Murphy. Murphy can only ever win in New Zealand and Bathurst.

Yes, all drivers can be arrogant at times, its just some are much more arrogant than others, and don't make me list them all, because by now, you should know exactly who I'm talking about.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Cape said:
Obviously those few flying laps were enough to cement him a drive within V8 supercars. It was enough for SBR to offer a higher bid for him than HRT.
Actually, does Courtney have a contract with ford, or is it just SBR?

team dodo have in the recent years done well during the endurance races. They are sorta like Murphy. Murphy can only ever win in New Zealand and Bathurst.

Yes, all drivers can be arrogant at times, its just some are much more arrogant than others, and don't make me list them all, because by now, you should know exactly who I'm talking about.
he is a quick racer, no doubt, but just because he is quick doesnt mean he'll be successful in his first year. It's like running, you can get plenty of runners into the 10sec over 100 metres, but the final half second is impossible for most, or at least takes time.

like courtney, his times were promising but i dont remember them being consistently in the top 5, he was up the top for co-drivers, but how many normal drivers (his opposition next year) were time-wise in front of him? give him next year to settle in and then maybe in 2007 he'll be a top 5

arrogant drivers? ok, so Skaife and Ambrose....Murph is a bit, but he's also funny, as with Ingall

one character from the V8 paddock who has annoyed me over the past few years is Kim Jones...he fucking whinges about everything when one of his drivers doesnt finish or gets a penalty. I think Ch 10 have deliberately stopped going and asking him for his opinion because it was so full of shit most of the time

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Righto ... done some research: Bathurst:
During co - drivers practice: James Courtney 2:08.5780
Which was third during the session.
However, during the lead drivers session, the fastest time went to Lowndes with a 2:07.3741

Sandown:
During co -drivers practice: James Courtney 1:11.9058
Lead drivers session, fastest time: R.Ingall 1:10.8623

Obviously he isn't going to come over here for two races and blow the field away. But for someone who had no v8 supercar experience, he did extremely well. He won't come to Adeliade next season and expect a win, infact, I'd bet you he'll crash the car at turn 8. Give him 5 or so races and he'll be up there with the big boys. Ambrose didn't come into the championship and challenge for the title straight away. It took him like 1/2 a season to get used to the cars.

Ambrose and Skaife take the cake as being the most arrogant drivers. Something doesn't go their way, they instantly blame it on someone else. And when Skaife starts and forgets to push the accellerator to go, he blames it on some other shit. Murph is a crack up and he can be arrogant at times as well. Murph has had a tough few years though. Ingall - don't get me started on him.

Kim Jones, hehe, haven't heard about him in a while, maybe hes lost his voice, or hes scared of being fined by the stewards again.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Cape said:
Righto ... done some research: Bathurst:
During co - drivers practice: James Courtney 2:08.5780
Which was third during the session.
However, during the lead drivers session, the fastest time went to Lowndes with a 2:07.3741

Sandown:
During co -drivers practice: James Courtney 1:11.9058
Lead drivers session, fastest time: R.Ingall 1:10.8623

Obviously he isn't going to come over here for two races and blow the field away. But for someone who had no v8 supercar experience, he did extremely well. He won't come to Adeliade next season and expect a win, infact, I'd bet you he'll crash the car at turn 8. Give him 5 or so races and he'll be up there with the big boys. Ambrose didn't come into the championship and challenge for the title straight away. It took him like 1/2 a season to get used to the cars.

Ambrose and Skaife take the cake as being the most arrogant drivers. Something doesn't go their way, they instantly blame it on someone else. And when Skaife starts and forgets to push the accellerator to go, he blames it on some other shit. Murph is a crack up and he can be arrogant at times as well. Murph has had a tough few years though. Ingall - don't get me started on him.

Kim Jones, hehe, haven't heard about him in a while, maybe hes lost his voice, or hes scared of being fined by the stewards again.

you're now on my wavelength ;) he'll catch up and get upto pace no worries, but he wont be on it straight away, and probably wont be in top 5 for the first half of the season (which then basically wipes out championship because our point system rewards the fags who come second instead of first)

<3 murph, he gives it to ambrose all the time, my favourite was when Ambrose was bitching about people getting in his way of winning the championship, and murph told him others were trying to win too and they werent about to pull over for him....or something like that (i cant find a copy of the convo)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
shortygb said:
im sure BJR are getting SBR engines too.
I think that they are. Hell, lets give everyone a SBR engine :D

braad said:
you're now on my wavelength ;) he'll catch up and get upto pace no worries, but he wont be on it straight away, and probably wont be in top 5 for the first half of the season (which then basically wipes out championship because our point system rewards the fags who come second instead of first)

<3 murph, he gives it to ambrose all the time, my favourite was when Ambrose was bitching about people getting in his way of winning the championship, and murph told him others were trying to win too and they werent about to pull over for him....or something like that (i cant find a copy of the convo)
Do I want to be on your wavelength? brad, remember half way through the season, lowndes was nearly 300 points behind Ingall, and in 6th or 7th place. Look at how he finished the season. Don't rule anything out until the season has finished. Whats unfair for courtney is some wanker decided to have the commonwealth games in melbourne when the f1 was supposed to be on. Courtney and all the other teams could have used that as a free test day (like they usually do). So now, most of the teams will have dented up cars for the grand prix, cause its a week after Adelaide. And they still have to go, cause tony thinks that the v8s are better than the f1 :cool:

Murph needs to loose his side burns. They do no good for him. haha ... that would have been a classic convo though! I have about 4 v8 superstars and hes on all of them, hes an absolute crach up.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Cape said:
I think that they are. Hell, lets give everyone a SBR engine :D

Do I want to be on your wavelength? brad, remember half way through the season, lowndes was nearly 300 points behind Ingall, and in 6th or 7th place. Look at how he finished the season. Don't rule anything out until the season has finished. Whats unfair for courtney is some wanker decided to have the commonwealth games in melbourne when the f1 was supposed to be on. Courtney and all the other teams could have used that as a free test day (like they usually do). So now, most of the teams will have dented up cars for the grand prix, cause its a week after Adelaide. And they still have to go, cause tony thinks that the v8s are better than the f1 :cool:

Murph needs to loose his side burns. They do no good for him. haha ... that would have been a classic convo though! I have about 4 v8 superstars and hes on all of them, hes an absolute crach up.

NEWSFLASHHRT gets SBR engines....expecting to win bathurst this year

ingalldrove like a pansy though, so whilst lowndes was getting heaps of points (like...ALOT), ingall wasnt helping himself really by being a shitty round and round driver

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
braad said:

NEWSFLASHHRT gets SBR engines....expecting to win bathurst this year

ingalldrove like a pansy though, so whilst lowndes was getting heaps of points (like...ALOT), ingall wasnt helping himself really by being a shitty round and round driver
Well HRT can't win Bathurst this year, they've already won it :p But they can win it next year. But they won't. 888 will win it. I wonder if they will bring Muller back?

Comparison between Lowndes and Ingall. Its not fair than someone pansy's around and still wins the championship. Although Surfers and Symmons plains weren't really his fault.
1 Russell Ingall 138 186 184 165 108 96 174 189 168 176 122 144 168 1,922
2 Craig Lowndes 183 94 88 189 58 106 192 159 192 136 190 176 160 1,865

Although, if you use f1 and nascar points in V8's - the champion would be Ambrose.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Cape said:
Well HRT can't win Bathurst this year, they've already won it :p But they can win it next year. But they won't. 888 will win it. I wonder if they will bring Muller back?

Comparison between Lowndes and Ingall. Its not fair than someone pansy's around and still wins the championship. Although Surfers and Symmons plains weren't really his fault.
1 Russell Ingall 138 186 184 165 108 96 174 189 168 176 122 144 168 1,922
2 Craig Lowndes 183 94 88 189 58 106 192 159 192 136 190 176 160 1,865

Although, if you use f1 and nascar points in V8's - the champion would be Ambrose.
um...HRT wouldnt have the engines until NEXT year, so the newsflash obviously would be printed next year :rolleyes:

NASCAR and F1 - ambrose the winner? wtf....why?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
braad said:
um...HRT wouldnt have the engines until NEXT year, so the newsflash obviously would be printed next year :rolleyes:

NASCAR and F1 - ambrose the winner? wtf....why?
oh dear ... silly me :(

F1 points:
1st Marcos Ambrose = 415
2nd Craig Lowndes =385
3rd Todd Kelly = 368
4th Mark Skaife = 342
5th Steven Richards = 302
6th Greg Murphy = 233
7th Russell Ingall = 223

NASCAR:
1st Marcos Ambrose 1998
2nd Ingall = 1988
3rd Lowndes = 1985
4th Skaife = 1891
5th t. Kelly = 1880
6th Tander = 1862
7th S. Richards = 1797

Shit, Its seriously time to get Cat a life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)