V8 Supercars 2005 (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I don't mind the 40km speed limit in the pit lane. I've probably just got used to it, thats all. 40km allows the spectators to get a great view of the cars. I've got some great shots from Eastern Creek in 2003 (i think) when I was in the pitlane and the cars were going 40km just before they hit race speed at the exit when they were about 1m away. But I suppose they worked about that 40km is the safest speed for the v8s.

Did you get me a photo of Duval? Actually, get any photos at all?

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
shortygb said:
they should of got rid of symmons plains and kept eastern creek instead...its a much better track by far.
what??

miss_gtr said:
OWWWWWWW CAPE, AS MUCH AS YOU HATE SKAIFE, YOU CANNOT DENY HIS SUPERB, ALMOST GOD-LIKE DRIVING SKILLS. Cmon, this man is EXCELLENT, he is a bomb of a driver, drives with such skills and talent. He is an awesome driver, cmon, 5 bathurst wins says something bout the guy!! He may be a little hot headed, but he is a really, really, really, really, really good driver.
And well, ive realised Holdens cannot win this season, so i wish Lowndes all the best, i think he deserves to win........God i hate Ingall and Ambrose.

Yeah symmonds plane/plain is soooo boring, the track lacks excitement, if your not in the top 10, you have basically no chance..the place is a bitch to overtake on. Canberra sucked too........... i like V8s going international, Bahrain has a great track!!!

Well Ingall is getting old, and Courtney is a tool..........so i don't think we will see SBR winning next year!..

Hmmm i'm a bit disappointed at Rick Kelly this season, this guy can drive!.... He has just made so many silly mistakes, and he can't qualify for shit. I wanna see him win next year! oh *snaps* for Tander, bout time aye!
hahaha...skafe....yeh okay

canberra was orite, too tight in some parts, but the final corner was a killer, just wish they had've had a straight before it, not that gay kink that slowed everyone down :(

40km limit isnt bad, it's a cool down for the car, and if the car is lacking brakes it isnt as much of a worry compared to 80-100km/h. as long as they all have to do the same speed i dont care :p

come on lowndes....i think he's got a better record than alot at PI, and i dont reckon ingall will win, a DNF for ingall and lowndes top 3 all weekend

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
too fucking right, i havent checked up with V8s for a while and am out of loop

that's a plain stupid idea!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Braad, your always out of loop :p

Symmons plains got another extension on their contract - they will be going there for another 5 years :(

Did anyone watch V8 superstars on Sunday? Bloody hell, I thought Ingall and Skaife were about to get up and punch the shit out of each other. All because Ingall thought HRT dobbed him in for the cutting the chicane at Indy.

And 2003 Lowndes won Phillip Island in ordinary conditions with a shit car, imagine how good he'll be with a great car :D But if Ingall wins the championship, driving like a woman, ie: pansying around in 8th place, I'm sure a lot of people will be pissed off. Hopefully some nice Holden driver will "accidently" crash into Ingall and Ambrose.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Cape said:
Braad, your always out of loop :p

Symmons plains got another extension on their contract - they will be going there for another 5 years :(

Did anyone watch V8 superstars on Sunday? Bloody hell, I thought Ingall and Skaife were about to get up and punch the shit out of each other. All because Ingall thought HRT dobbed him in for the cutting the chicane at Indy.

And 2003 Lowndes won Phillip Island in ordinary conditions with a shit car, imagine how good he'll be with a great car :D But if Ingall wins the championship, driving like a woman, ie: pansying around in 8th place, I'm sure a lot of people will be pissed off. Hopefully some nice Holden driver will "accidently" crash into Ingall and Ambrose.
hahahaa...symonds plains sucks

superstars was funny...but skaife and ingall started getting cut at each other

ingall hopefully wont win the championship

thats all for today folks :rolleyes:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
braad said:
hahahaa...symonds plains sucks

superstars was funny...but skaife and ingall started getting cut at each other

ingall hopefully wont win the championship

thats all for today folks :rolleyes:
Thats great braad :rolleyes:

Remember how people were complaining that Sydney had too many rounds, ie: 2 eastern creek, oran park plus bathurst (i know its not really sydney, but still); i thought yesterday, that it was like the year before last year that Melbourne had 4 rounds (grand prix, sandown, winton and phillip island) and no one complained about that!

Skaife looked like he was going to run and cry to mummy :p

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Cape said:
Thats great braad :rolleyes:

Remember how people were complaining that Sydney had too many rounds, ie: 2 eastern creek, oran park plus bathurst (i know its not really sydney, but still); i thought yesterday, that it was like the year before last year that Melbourne had 4 rounds (grand prix, sandown, winton and phillip island) and no one complained about that!

Skaife looked like he was going to run and cry to mummy :p
melbourne have heaps...winton sucks, it's such a shit circuit >.< actually, just the surrounding stuff, it's like queensland, a bit boring.

Skaife was cut, very cut

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Ambrose was invited to be on that final v8 superstars, however, he declined, because he didn't want to be anywhere near Murph. Ambrose needs to get over it.

Melbourne, Queensland and Adelaide get everything. We get nothing, we are so left out :(

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
we will get nothing soon, with oran park going soon, sydney isnt going to have any races...besides bathurst which is 3 hours away...which isnt really sydney.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Ah shit, Oran park only has, what is it, one year left on its contract? Shit, I'm so moving back to Melbourne!!

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
it's gay....they want sydney to watch on TV so they can have ad-breaks

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I don't mind watching it on tv, you get to see more stuff, and not to meantion you hear Crompton commentating :D But what shits me is everything is on delay. Why couldn't they put the second race for this weekend on live? Wait ... I forgot, its channel 10!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Can someone with half a brain explain to me why the hell Ambrose was not penalised for that pit entry almost smash up he had yesterday? If that was not speeding in pit lane, then what was Ambrose and Lowndes doing 40.1 km/h at Oran Park? And the decision about Richards was at fault between him and Rick Kelly was even more stupid, Kelly had 3/4 of his car off the road!

And I don't like the new "innovations" for next year. Why the hell are they putting reverse grids back, especially at Symmons Plains. New Zealand, Perth, Shanghai, Darwin, Oran Park, Surfers Paradise, Bahrain, Tasmania and Phillip Island will have a reverse grid race. The order of the reverse grid will be decided following race one. If a driver fails to finish the first race his starting position in race two will be determined by qualifying times. The grid for the third and final race at these events will be decided by aggregate finishing positions and again qualifying if required.
You can still drop your worst round, up until Bathurst.
They have changed the points structure for the sprint rounds: All events will be worth a total of 320 points. On three-race weekends the first race will be worth 128 points to the winner, 64 points in the second and 128 points for the third sprint. Now why is the second race worth less?
Channel 10's coverage will now start at 2pm on Sundays and for the sprint races will also include a show on Saturday nights. And don't forget Bahrain will be broadcasted live during the middle of the week.

Ok, enough bitching from me for now!

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
awww poor lowdnes, but it was unlikely he would get it anyway...its good that rusty got he championship after all these years, better him than ambrose again.(im so glad hes gone!)

reverse grids are stupid, its difficult to get positiions in a normal grid, it will be far worse with the faster drivers getting the jump on slower dirvers at the start, v8 supercars already have alot more incidents than most other motorsport series, i predict alot more crashes and offs at the start of races. well at least they arent introducing the no rear spoiler and seqential gearshifts that AVESCO were planning a while ago.

why is bahrain being in the middle of the week? they are only a few hours behind our time.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Bahrain is during the middle of the week because its against some sort of religion to have the race on Saturday and Sunday. Which i find strange because last time I watched an F1 race in Bahrain, it was on a Sunday.

Poor Lowndes, I think thats the first time I've ever heard him get seriously worked up about something, after the drive through (which was stupid) and who was it kept blocking? Anyways, I'll be surprised if Campbell Little isn't fined for what he said about "AVESCO have obviously decided who is going to win the championship." Which was probably true, they wanted a SBR 1 - 2 for some reason. Especially when Ambrose didn't get penalised for yesterdays booboo going into pitlane.

Yay, Ambrose will be out of the country of Tuesday, hope he seriously gets his ass smashed in america, it will get him off his high horse.

But will done to Rusty, even though I really wanted Lowndes to win :(

I agree - reverse race grids are stupid, although it will be the only time WPS cars are at the front, unless they do their usual tactics of spending more time pointing in the wrong direction :p

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
lol ... HI MISS_GTR!!

No, F1 is on Sundays. But then again, the whole world stops for F1 and Bernie, doesn't it :rolleyes:

I know, no motor racing, its already depressing. The only thing thats on is A1, and I don't have foxtel, and its hard to follow the live timing of it. The little odd winter testing, BUT I NEED MY MOTOR RACING! I'M ALREADY GOING INSANE!!! gah!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
miss_gtr said:
well if your super bored, u can chuck a me-if you have telstra broadband.. u can watch snippets of the race again, interviews etc. like. so. so sad. BUT EVER SO ENTERTAINING.
I don't have telstra broadband :( I want it, just to watch the v8 stuff. But I'm going to download the banelbeaters soon and listen to them over and over again. Wait until the Bathurst highlights and the V8 season in review come out on dvd and buy them. I'll just go insane from boredem until March. March seems like forever away!

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Cape said:
Can someone with half a brain explain to me why the hell Ambrose was not penalised for that pit entry almost smash up he had yesterday? If that was not speeding in pit lane, then what was Ambrose and Lowndes doing 40.1 km/h at Oran Park? And the decision about Richards was at fault between him and Rick Kelly was even more stupid, Kelly had 3/4 of his car off the road!
ambrose wasnt speeding in pitlane and didnt hit lowndes?

And I don't like the new "innovations" for next year. Why the hell are they putting reverse grids back, especially at Symmons Plains. New Zealand, Perth, Shanghai, Darwin, Oran Park, Surfers Paradise, Bahrain, Tasmania and Phillip Island will have a reverse grid race. The order of the reverse grid will be decided following race one. If a driver fails to finish the first race his starting position in race two will be determined by qualifying times. The grid for the third and final race at these events will be decided by aggregate finishing positions and again qualifying if required.
You can still drop your worst round, up until Bathurst.
They have changed the points structure for the sprint rounds: All events will be worth a total of 320 points. On three-race weekends the first race will be worth 128 points to the winner, 64 points in the second and 128 points for the third sprint. Now why is the second race worth less?
Channel 10's coverage will now start at 2pm on Sundays and for the sprint races will also include a show on Saturday nights. And don't forget Bahrain will be broadcasted live during the middle of the week.

Ok, enough bitching from me for now!
i'll keep saying it, AVESCO are cockheads.

the second race is worth less because it's reverse grid....considering the cars are generally of similar pace (not like F1 cape!) it takes longer to get through, even if you ARE a bit quicker than most of the field in front of you. It's be unfair to put (say) lowndes at the back after winning race one and then give some person who is plain crap the same amount of point for less work (if they're shit and crap qualifying, rcap race 1 etc...they can just cruise)

i dont know why it's in the mid-week, i thought they just couldnt race on a sunday, so saturday would be permitted...

back on the reverse grids, when they announced it on tv i thought it was just ONE round (Phillip Island next year) and yeh, that could've been good...but 9 rounds?! they're going to over do it!

once again, AVESCO are cockheads

are they even called AVESCO anymore? or is Tony Cockranes sideshow? and dont get me started on channel 10

actually, those stupid fucktards are giving me the shits. During race 2 on the weekend they had ad breaks EVERY 10 MINUTES, i kid you not, because i made a note...and the ad breaks were no shorter than 3 minutes, these ad breaks happened at 20 to, 10 to, at the hour, then at 10 past....we came back, the race finished and we had another break about 17 past

channel 10 are such dicks, the commentary tema is good, but the producers are such assholes, do they think we want to watch ads with some racing in between? i dont give a flying fuck about KFC, Supercheap, or the New Zealand round next year...fuck you channel 10

SlipStream

HSC
braad said:
actually, those stupid fucktards are giving me the shits. During race 2 on the weekend they had ad breaks EVERY 10 MINUTES, i kid you not, because i made a note...and the ad breaks were no shorter than 3 minutes, these ad breaks happened at 20 to, 10 to, at the hour, then at 10 past....we came back, the race finished and we had another break about 17 past

channel 10 are such dicks, the commentary tema is good, but the producers are such assholes, do they think we want to watch ads with some racing in between? i dont give a flying fuck about KFC, Supercheap, or the New Zealand round next year...fuck you channel 10
I only just discovered this thread now, but hear hear! braad speakeths thou truth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)