vampire weekend (1 Viewer)

sydchick

HSC
N/A
are the best. Just thought I'd let everyone know.

Other bands like them?

sydchick

HSC
N/A
Thanks, Rafy.

I've now got Ra Ra Riot, The Shins and Passion Pit to trawl through.

Are you a fan?

sydchick

HSC
N/A
Oxford Comma is...can't even fucking describe it.

Sadly, pathetically, I've barely listened to the shins.

Any standout songs?

sydchick

HSC
N/A
AHHH

Thank fuck not everyone listens to mainstream shit.

sydchick

HSC
N/A
I also really need to buy their new album: Contra.

philphie

Banned
HSC
vampire weekend and Ra Ra Riot did a collab unde Discovery, but it's electropop.

if you haven't heard anything by the shins that's quite shameful because the shins have quite enough success to be now considered mainstream appoarchable.

Wild Beasts is probably one you could check out similar to vampire weekend. really just go through fbi's archive of album of the week or something and you'll find soemthing you like. i won't recommend anything else because there are just too many bands out there

sydchick

HSC
N/A
vampire weekend and Ra Ra Riot did a collab unde Discovery, but it's electropop.

if you haven't heard anything by the shins that's quite shameful because the shins have quite enough success to be now considered mainstream appoarchable.

Wild Beasts is probably one you could check out similar to vampire weekend. really just go through fbi's archive of album of the week or something and you'll find soemthing you like. i won't recommend anything else because there are just too many bands out there

Sadly, pathetically, I've barely listened to the shins.

Any standout songs?

This.

And I'll check out Wild Beasts. I was also thinking MGMT but I don't know.

philphie

Banned
HSC
yeah mgmt is good. so i'm guessing it's electropop/triphop now you want.

portishead is the stand out for me then thom yorke. seekae is also brilliant. Air and Phoenix of course, the french pretty much founded electropop.

now i'm just gonna list a bunch of things on top of my head:
cocorosie, Gorillaz, the Golden Silvers, Handsome Furs, The Knife, Metronomy, Mum, Notwist, Of Montreal, Postal Service, Radiohead's amnesiac and KidA, The rapture, Telepathe. those are pretty solid electropop bands

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
i wouldn't normally link wild beasts to vampire weekend. at all. see how you go i guess.

im sorry but cousins is a terrible song

philphie

Banned
HSC
vocals are in the same range so that's the only reason why it came to mind

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
totally disagree.

wild beasts vocally more akin to antony, jeff buckley, maybe even someone like the dude from temper trap? i don't think ezra's (i think) range honestly is that high. wildbeasts is a certain aqquired taste - incredibly grating if you can't appreciate it.

they do have 2 singers though so maybe we are thinking of different people. plus im not a massive vw fan :eek:

Last edited:

philphie

Banned
HSC
i'm not much of a vampire weekend fan either, it's just what i can remember from the last time hearing oxford whatever whatever at usyd open day

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)