Victorian bushfires (1 Viewer)

rcr4fags

HSC
N/A
Re: At least 14 dead in Victoria bushfires

jeeze u think out of the whole victorian police force they could of found a person who wasnt 100kg overwieght to be their police commisioner

i wonder how a fat overwight women can become a police officer anyway

rcr4fags

HSC
N/A
who would be so stupid to live in a bushfire prone area without a fireshelter.

no brainer to me really

hi scarlet

HSC
ah. every time it's on the news the count climbs higher. :(
it makes me tear up.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Areas that haven't had fires in over 50 years are fucking burnt to shit. And how exactly do you build a good "fire shelter"?
Every year there isn't a fire it becomes more dangerous. History (as in 1939) demonstrates what can happen if you choose to live in those areas.

An underground room would make a fine fire shelter.

rcr4fags

HSC
N/A
You're a fucking retard.
if we went on a boat without a life-raft then that would be accepted would it?

why would be living in a bushfire prone area, be any different. oh yeah coz its not legislation and people are too tight to pay for one.

Heppy

HSC
Areas that haven't had fires in over 50 years are fucking burnt to shit. And how exactly do you build a good "fire shelter"?
Take a bunch of dry tree stumps, dig 4 holes to make a rectangular shape, with the holes on the corners. Put the tree stumps in, with a tarp draped over the 4 stumps.
Then cover the tarp in dry leaves and petrol.

How the fuck else do you make a fire shelter?

rcr4fags

HSC
N/A

u stupid, how often does the titanic sink?

a fireshelter can be done above ground, there were stories of people in THIS fire that built one and survived.

so these people did have the foresight to build one.

if your house is surrounded by trees, your in a bushfire prone area and it doesnt matter if there has been one in the last 50 years or not. it can happen any year.

cheap insurance

Last edited:

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Didn't some family build some concrete tank-shaped shelter and survive?

Science isn't my thing, but I assume one that is a) fire-proof (obviously, lol) and b) doesn't absorb heat by turning into an oven are pretty desirable characteristics. Whether it is cost effective is another issue. Maybe it is just cheaper to pay home + contents insurance and flee early.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
The thing about shelters is that they must not be built under the house. They should by built out in a field or something where nothing overhead will burn.

Otherwise the oxygen gets sucked out while your shelter turns into an oven.

Although a few families did survive in shelters under their houses.

Another family survived by jumping in their water tank. I guess it was big enough that the water didn't have time to boil.

rcr4fags

HSC
N/A
The thing about shelters is that they must not be built under the house. They should by built out in a field or something where nothing overhead will burn.

Otherwise the oxygen gets sucked out while your shelter turns into an oven.

Although a few families did survive in shelters under their houses.

Another family survived by jumping in their water tank. I guess it was big enough that the water didn't have time to boil.

so long as there isnt any fuel around your selfter, the fire move over your shelter very quickly.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
so long as there isnt any fuel around your selfter, the fire move over your shelter very quickly.
Yes but even if you dont burn, you will almost certainly suffocate unless you have reallllly good ventilation.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Yes but even if you dont burn, you will almost certainly suffocate unless you have reallllly good ventilation.
Oxygen bottles sunk into the ground.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
It's also why you don't jump into a pool to escape the fire. It steals your oxygen and you asphyxiate yo

rcr4fags

HSC
N/A
end of day its not rocket science. if it cost me $5k-10 my family to survive why fucken not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)