kara42

HSC
Re: At least 14 dead in Victoria bushfires

Estimated to get to 230 :(

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
krudd got teary while talking about it on 9news.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
agreed. or just one of the cops who has to stand at the entrance to someone's house and tell them they can't go back and look for things of the life they just lost because its a crime scene. wouldn't be pleasant

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
that'd be easy

body identification would be sucking hard core right about now, it's like bali only without strewn body parts. i expect quite a few will be going on PTS leave soon.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
hmm yeah that is true. imagine having to go to work every day knowing you would see the flayed and burnt bodies of probably 5+ people for the next little while. cool southerlies for the next week though, hopefully that will give fire-ies some chance

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
why would they be flayed :confused:

when a body is badly burnt, the muscles/tendons contract tightly (assuming theyre not completely obliterated), and identification often means snapping the charred limbs of victims. it'd be bad enough doing one, let alone 200. it's going to take months to formally identify those that can be identified. i expect quite a few to never be found.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
my bad wrong word methinks. i basically meant skin not in attractive condition. wow really? i think i'll become an accountant

DDEVIL

HSC
Far out... worst bust fires we've seen yet

New reports say it's due to our dependence on technology and the fact nobody has battery radios anymore they (the authorities) have been unable to get the warnings across, perhaps then it’s true technology or oen dependence on it will bring us to our doom….

….on another thought a little ironic that Victoria burns as Queens land floods

rozymisty

HSC
Australia is certainly living up to that poem...a land of flooding plains etc etc

I want to donate a whole lot of clothes and tolietries etc to someone in need. If any of you victorians know anyone who could benefit, please PM me. My clothes are a size 14. I dont get to wear them but I feel they would be put to great use for these unfortunate victims. I also want to donate books and stuff like that.

You could totally tell Tracey Grimshaw was naturally on the verge of tears during her broadcast, which made me well up.

I hope that the children recover to some degree....this is something no child, let alone adult, should endure. I remember once driving through a bush fire when we lived on acreage, and the smoke was thick- I was shitting myself as a 8yr old...but not as thick or the flames as close as what the Victorians have endured.

Its devastating to see how very quickly the death toll is climbing. I mean like yesterday am it was like 27, then 50, then 87 and we woke up and its like 131!!! And think about the amount of wild life that have perished as well. Apparently a few shelters got destroyed. But then again maybe some of them got away coz of their intuitive natures...eg birds flying together before storms etc.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Will be donating monies tomorrow.

I would give blood and stuff too but I'm too much of a needle pussy, I probably wouldn't go through with it. Donating money is painless ;)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I'm not gonna donate any money. I donated my money to more worthwhile causes: Like when Israel was killing 130 civilians per day in Gaza.
:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)