Victorian bushfires (1 Viewer)

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Re: At least 14 dead in Victoria bushfires

Who is to blame for these fires and their consequences?
*The arsonists
*The greenies and their opposition to fire breaks and other pre-enmptive fire controlling measures.
* The Vic Labor government for caving in to the greenies, and the ineffective federal Labor government for their delayed response.
Don't be a retard. Green groups are as vehemently opposed to bush fires as anybody; such fires annihilate wildlife, destroy forests and towns, and ruin lives.

Arsonists cause bushfires. Thunder storms cause bushfires. Heat waves cause bushfires. Powerlines cause bushfires.

Take your misguided political crusade elsewhere. This isn't the thread for it.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC

Sure, they should have insured themselves fully so much to not need any amount of government assistance.
Can be weeks/months before insurance money comes through, in the mean time they've got nothing.

If we can sleep at night knowing the scum of society are keeping warm, how can we sleep by not providing assistance to these guys?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

far out, wonder what the final death toll will be

been checking up with friends in VIC they're all ok which is good I guess

but holy shit :eek: had some close-ish calls as a kid but nothing anywhere near as bad as this

xsavagex

HSC
So sad.

Just wondering, how is it a natural disaster, if it was lit on purpose and didnt start naturally??

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
128 found dead so far, close to double that of Ash Wednesday....that's shocking :(

Some of the fires were lit by arsonists, others by natural means. Either way, in blasting winds and hot temperatures it was bound to be catastrophic...

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
How is somebody whose home burns down in an isolated incident any less worthy of receiving government money than a bunch of guys whose houses burnt down at the same time?

Secondly, I'm sure most of these niggahs aren't starting to rebuild for a couple of weeks anyway.

Thirdly, fuck Brian Naylor. The cricket watching public didn't give a shit that he was missing and that bulletin was ridiculously self-serviant.

EDIT: I'm currently paying odds of 5/1 on that at least one of the arsonists was aboriginal.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
The media needs to spend more time focussing on the fact that there are crocodiles roaming the streets in Queensland.

boris

Banned
HSC
i think the media will be more concerned when the crocodiles eat 127 people

Kujah

HSC
N/A

126 dead :(

HSC

in other news i went to the races in carrathool and it is the hottest most desolate place i have ever seen. it was comparable to mars. also 48 degrees
:haha: Carrathool races. A heap of speds were running around town telling everyone that the RSPCA was going to call it off.

boris

Banned
HSC

:haha: Carrathool races. A heap of speds were running around town telling everyone that the RSPCA was going to call it off.
did i post that in here?

Where are you from?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)