Violence erupts in Sydney over anti-Islam film (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason2kool

HSC
FUCKING PRICKS..
I bloody chose the wrong day to go formal shopping at pitt street mall, it was a fucking shit storm.

banco55

HSC
Ahhhh the joys of mass muslim immigration. They've brought so much to this country.

Debauchee

HSC
Koran discovered with coffee cup stain on the front cover, US marines deployed to all Starbucks franchises.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
So what, you think it is alright for people to run amok as a group in the Sydney CBD chanting that they love Osama bin Laden?
Nowhere in my reply did I intimate that I thought it was okay for people to run amok. However as for the right to chant they love Osama bin Laden, yes I think it's okay, I don't agree with it but they are free to say it.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Nowhere in my reply did I intimate that I thought it was okay for people to run amok. However as for the right to chant they love Osama bin Laden, yes I think it's okay, I don't agree with it but they are free to say it.
Fair enough on the running amok part.

As for the free speech element, there has to be a line. Do you think they should be allowed to chant in Martin Place around the Cenotaph that Australian soldiers serving for Australia in Iraq & Afghanistan deserve to die?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Fair enough on the running amok part.

As for the free speech element, there has to be a line. Do you think they should be allowed to chant in Martin Place around the Cenotaph that Australian soldiers serving for Australia in Iraq & Afghanistan deserve to die?
Yes

JasonG123

HSC
Uni Grad
But request people not to say shit about anyone's religion
Fucking lol. The whole point is that we should be allowed to say whatever we want about anything. We don't live in North Korea. Religion isn't above criticism just because it's religion.

atar90plus

01000101=YES! YES! YES!
HSC
This is the main reason why people should not talk about religions. Just keep your opinions to yourself as smart people say

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
This is the main reason why people should not talk about religions. Just keep your opinions to yourself as smart people say
Please go on, I'd love to hear your reasons.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
I am an islamic and I fucking hate every last one of those protesters, crazy offended lunatics just looking for trouble. Should fire some pork at them so they disperse and never come back.

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
Record the violent protesters on video, ID them and summarily deport them and their families to the lovely Muslim lands they came from.
If these protesters can hold all of the U.S accountable for the actions of one man are they in turn saying the western world can hold all Muslim nations accountable for the killings of the 4 people in the Embassy ? for 9/11 ?
It saddens me that these people don't realize that they are doing worse damage to the image of Islam than that You Tube video they're protesting against.
The supposed cause is largely irrelevant - like the Muhammed cartoons most Muslim protesters haven't seen this film - it just serves as a trigger to violently assert Islamic self-confidence and dominance over the West.
It comes and goes in yearly cycles and any supposed insult would have worked just as well.
There's a potent level of irony here.
The groups involved in this 'protest' are the ones who incessantly argue that Muslims cannot be criticized for terrorism because the vast majority of Muslims aren't terrorists. In other words, because it's unfair to judge an entire civilization based on the actions of a few of its citizens—a fair point.
Yet here they are, creating violence in countries that had nothing to do with the film they despise. They're also attacking the consulates of a government that had nothing to do with the film. They are lashing out at 'the West' for the actions of one shitty film crew.
If Islam is immune from criticism because it's most extreme adherents are a minority, they must apply the same standard to 'the West'.
I don't understand this at all.
Someone in a different country on the other side of the world makes a film, so riot in your own country and attack the police there.
Where is the fucking logic.
The logic goes like this:
Protest violently everywhere anytime you can use "Im offended" as an excuse.
Those in charge back down and condemn the person exercising there free speech...it quells future free speech.
Rinse and repeat...it is actually EXTREMELY effective and it will continue.
That is where your fucking logic is.
When i first saw this shit in the middle east i thought 'sure, a group of men who are more than likely poorly educated, have poor literacy skills and more than likely come from impoverished backgrounds.' Then i see this is my home city in a first world country where education is fantastic. There goes my poor education theory. How can people get so worked up over a video. Imagine if this was something much more serious!
So much for those saying that poverty and regional politics were the driving force behind the events in Libya, rather than Islam - These were first world Muslims. http://i.imgur.com/fYQY4.jpg
Freedom of expression .... for us!
it's because every single one of those protesters is beyond stupid and not more than a brainwashed mongrel of hate. yeah, it's the minority.. but it's getting really annoying.
i'd say kick them out of the country, send them to where the hatred comes from; their home countries.
i'm normally really against such things as deportation, and really see myself as an open-minded liberal being, respecting every human equally. as long as they don't act like fucking lunatics.
What the fuck. I cannot describe how disappointing it is that this ridiculous behaviour has come to Australia. For anyone who saw "Go Back To Where You Came From" a few weeks ago, it is obvious that Islamic immigrants are fighting an uphill battle for acceptance. It is this sort of shit that makes me feel like it is one step forward, three steps back.
My first thought was what the fuck? They really do not help their case and the back lash against them will be high. You can't come to someone elses country take advantage of their freedoms then violently protest in the streets. If I had my way people like this would just be deported back to whatever country they came from we shouldn't have to put up with this Its sad that this will affect the whole immigrant population not just those who did the protesting. Most people come here to escape this sort of thing
Wait a second ... this is all about 'offending' their religion. 'Don't insult our religion but it's perfectly fine for us to insult yours' .... fucking hypocrits
http://imgur.com/r1J14
Image taken from Sydney Riots.
The other irony here is that there are just as many immigrant in Australia from countries and minorities that have been fighting against Islamic invasion for a millennium or two. And I mean quite literal invasion, the Copts happened to own Egypt before the Islamic conquest in 642, the Serbs want a rematch over the Battle of Kosovo in 1389 and the Greeks are still upset over losing Constantinople in 1453.
Somehow I don't think sticking militant Islam in their faces will have the reaction Muslims want.
The major problem here is that those muslims do not stand up against the violent ones. When WBC is brought up, christians always clearly state that they do not represent their values. Damn, even KKK went out with a message stating they share nothing with the WBC.
But when these things happen, only a seeming minority of the muslims actually speak out against it, and they always do so in the "Islam is a religion of peace" style.
I've been an apologist for a long time, but even i'm starting to get fed up.
Those silent masses of muslims never seen yet always spoken of...they seem like unicorns.
They are lashing out at 'the West'
And yet they continue to "live here". If it's really that fucking bad, hop on a boat, train or automobile (because fuck you if you think I'll let these idiots on a plane while being so enraged) and just GTFO.
How is it that with Islam we still see such violent reactions to criticism of the religion? We have long ago left the time when people would be hanged or burnt at the stake for criticising the Christian tenants or the Pope. The Talmud is full of grizzly senseless killings of those who insult Yahweh, yet the Jews of today are like night and day compared to the Jews of the 5th century B.C. So why is it that modernity has long neutralised such violent reactions in the two other religions, yet Islam seems to be still harbouring such followers and exploding at any petty criticism of its beliefs?
What the actual fuck? I guarantee you hardly any of the people have actually watched the movie. They are being rallied to some cause they have absolutely no idea about. I hope this sparks more amateur Mohammad satire so that the majority of regular Muslims disregard it like the rest of the world does.
I am Australian and from a Muslim background (now an athiest who dismissed Islam after attending an Islamic school) and I can tell you that Muslims in Australia are getting overseas funding and recently many are starting to adopt the extreme version of Islam (Wahabis and Salafis). This is especially true among The Somalian and Lebanese communities and serious action should be taken against the Islamisation of a peaceful country like Australia. Although the Islamic community is small, they have very high birthrates and not to forget that most of them have shitty jobs and take money from centrelink. Stop encouraging these people by giving them aid when they give birth!

The same thing is happening in France...and all over Europe. So I totally agree with you. Also, note that muslims first and foremost are loyal to their religion and prophet. The laws of the country they are in only come second. And a very far second at that. Understand that the ultimate goal of Islamic religion is the Umma: a world of muslims led by muslims for Allah. And with this goal in mind, their religion allow them a lot of things, including lying if this helps them accomplish their goal. That is why you will often see people "lamenting" about the acts of a "few non representative violent muslims", but who will often when among their peers just revel in violent behaviour. Lie when you are outnumbered, rebel when you can, and always under the guise of oppression. Play the victim. Well, this seems to have worked quite well up until now. Will someone wake the fuck up?
Pretty soon it'll be "Kill All Those Who Do Not Believe In Muhhamed!"
This is just bloody insane! These people are so uneducated about the world. You can't force people to respect your extremist religion. Being violent towards, or killing people who oppose you...What the fraking frak? I feel like the world just went to a whole new level of CRAZY in the past few days.
http://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/zwymv/sydney_protest_erupts_over_insulting_islam_film/

RishBonjour

HSC
Hey, it's not our fault Muslims are barbarians.
Don't generalise you kunt.

No doubt this protest is stupid, does not reflect every muslim.

I personally don't understand why these people are instigating a riot in sydney, or anywhere in the world. go and slap the people who made the video. full stop.

Last edited:

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Fine, it's not our fault that Arab Muslims are barbarians.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Don't generalise you kunt.

No doubt this protest is stupid, does not reflect every muslim.

I personally don't understand why these people are instigating a riot in sydney, or anywhere in the world. go and slap the people who made the video. full stop.
Why would I slap the video makers? They didn't hurt anyone. The rioters did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)