• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Violence erupts in Sydney over anti-Islam film (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
I'll ask you again... Do you consider far right anti-islamist groups who operate in Europe to be on par with Hizb Ut-Tahrir, more concerning OR less concerning??? (In terms of being a threat to Western values and society).

Just so I can guage both your mind-set and your understanding of the organisation.
If they start rioting, burning embassies and blowing up cars, then yes, they would be very concerning. Until they start doing those, then I would consider them less concerning.

Peccadillo

HSC
If they start rioting, burning embassies and blowing up cars, then yes, they would be very concerning. Until they start doing those, then I would consider them less concerning.
So seeing as Hizb ut-Tahrir Australia do absolutely none of those things and a lot of them are academics.. Why is it you believe they should be banned from Australia?.. Baffling to me.

EDIT By the way - many far right anti-islamist groups ARE pretty radical and extreme. Clearly you are ignorant to what goes on in Eastern Europe. Many of the groups also have links to western european countries like the EDL also. They are of major concern and are regarded as such.

Last edited:

Peccadillo

HSC
All of those men do look a bit aggressive in those photos as the caption reads.

If your friend was trying to stop the riot, then good on them.
Well then to me that suggests you are an idiot who has no idea how newspapers operate. You can really tell a lot from an image and a caption can't you? Yeah it sure tells the whole story to me too.

If you take a snapshot of bloody Gandhi half way through shouting something he probably looks pretty nasty too. Also some of them don't even look angry. In fact guy in the 3rd row, 2nd column looks like he's having a ball. lol.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
If you take a snapshot of bloody Gandhi half way through shouting something he probably looks pretty nasty too. Also some of them don't even look angry. In fact guy in the 3rd row, 2nd column looks like he's having a ball. lol.
Yet is at an anti Western, Islamic protest wearing a headband with Arabic on it. I can't read Arabic but I bet it doesn't say 'Make peace, not war' or something similar.

PakiPrince

HSC
Very irresponsible by the Daily Telegraph here. I know two of these boys and they really do not hold extreme views at all.
I dont know all of them and I wont point out which ones I do know however I will say that the two I know are the nicest blokes you will meet. One of them was actually seen in video footage trying to stop the violent protesters.

I already called my friend, he confirmed police are aware he was not violent in anyway as per footage -I suggested to look into filing a lawsuit for defamation. The Telegraph cannot just take an image of someone just because they have a beard or look a bit rough because they believe it fits their poster boy image of what an extreme and violent muslim should look like. Thousands of people will see this and that is so unreasonable and unethical.
Absolutely mate. Ur spot on. I hope it will be successful (lawsuit for defamation)

PakiPrince

HSC
Isn't it true that there might be another protest on the weekend? Or is it just a myth?

Peccadillo

HSC
Yet is at an anti Western, Islamic protest wearing a headband with Arabic on it. I can't read Arabic but I bet it doesn't say 'Make peace, not war' or something similar.
"Faces of Rage - Police hunt mob" - With clear images of people they obviously know nothing about. Please tell me you understand this is vilification and defamation of character.

There's a famous quote I would like to draw attention to by one of my favourite artists who you know as Cat Stevens (Yusuf Islam);
"Thank God I learned about Islam before I met Muslims”

This was after he visited Hajj on pilgrimage and was shocked by the level of hostility and behaviour of many of the pople (people at hajj play for keeps, a lot of pushing and shoving can take place)

You cannot determine how you wish to perceive Islam on how it's followers appear to interpret it. Islam is complex and unless you look into it properly and if you allow your opinion to be influenced by the actions of few. You are going to get a very murky image of what it's all about.

Inshallah if you have a sincere desire to understand Islam and what is involved, you will take to read the Quran with an open mind and maybe watch some lectures.

PakiPrince

HSC
"Faces of Rage - Police hunt mob" - With clear images of people they obviously know nothing about. Please tell me you understand this is vilification and defamation of character.

There's a famous quote I would like to draw attention to by one of my favourite artists who you know as Cat Stevens (Yusuf Islam);
"Thank God I learned about Islam before I met Muslims”

This was after he visited Hajj on pilgrimage and was shocked by the level of hostility and behaviour of many of the pople (people at hajj play for keeps, a lot of pushing and shoving can take place)

You cannot determine how you wish to perceive Islam on how it's followers appear to interpret it. Islam is complex and unless you look into it properly and if you allow your opinion to be influenced by the actions of few. You are going to get a very murky image of what it's all about.

Inshallah if you have a sincere desire to understand Islam and what is involved, you will take to read the Quran with an open mind and maybe watch some lectures.
Man, what mosque do you attend? You've got great knowledge bro.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Isn't it true that there might be another protest on the weekend? Or is it just a myth?
The media is reporting there will be another 'peacful' Islamic protest in Melbourne this weekend, just like the 'peaceful' one they held in Sydney last weekend.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
I've read both the Bible and the Quaran. Neither impressed me much.

Peccadillo

HSC
I've read both the Bible and the Quaran. Neither impressed me much.
Did you read it with an open mind though? Did you follow up on that reading with any form of investigation (ie watch lectures to gain clarification). As I doubt you read it and fully understood it and seeing as you don't read Arabic you quite likely read the english transliterated version which means its even more important to clarify what you dont understand...

Or did you just read it to find all the juicy parts you can use in internet forums to denounce it.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Did you read it with an open mind though? Did you follow up on that reading with any form of investigation (ie watch lectures to gain clarification). As I doubt you read it and fully understood it and seeing as you don't read Arabic you quite likely read the english transliterated version which means its even more important to clarify what you dont understand...

Or did you just read it to find all the juicy parts you can use in internet forums to denounce it.
If your god wanted people to know and find him, then he's doing an absolutely terrible job of making it possible.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
The Liberal party is calling on the Labor immigration minister to revoke the visa of a prominent member of Hizb ut-Tahrir, Taji Mustafa although the minister says his hands are tied as they are not a banned organisation.

When the Liberals win power at the next election (the most likely occurrence), don't be too surprised if they then ban Hizb ut-Tahrir as a terrorist organisation/sympathiser group.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Did you read it with an open mind though?
I read both with open minds.

Did you follow up on that reading with any form of investigation (ie watch lectures to gain clarification).
No. How is some guy giving a lecture on it going to make me think different? It is not.

As I doubt you read it and fully understood it and seeing as you don't read Arabic you quite likely read the english transliterated version which means its even more important to clarify what you dont understand...
Correct, I read an English version of the book.

I read a lot of books. I read the Bible and the Quaran as they are some of the most read in the world.

PakiPrince

HSC
If your god wanted people to know and find him, then he's doing an absolutely terrible job of making it possible.
No buddy, it's the other way around. People have to find God, not vice versa. And it is not God's job of making it possible, it is our's.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
No buddy, it's the other way around. People have to find God, not vice versa. And it is not God's job of making it possible, it is our's.
Sure thing mate, that's his divine plan. Makes perfect sense.

PakiPrince

HSC
I read both with open minds.

No. How is some guy giving a lecture on it going to make me think different? It is not.

Correct, I read an English version of the book.

I read a lot of books. I read the Bible and the Quaran as they are some of the most read in the world.
How long did it take you to read the Quran mate? Plus how old r u? It took me 3 years just to read it in Arabic, now i gotta read it in Persian or English to understand it. But i already understand most popular verses as they are covered in the lectures. Oh yeah, the lectures make a huge difference. The speaker helps explain the meaning of the verses plus applies it to modern day life.

You have not trully understood Islam, my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)