Violence erupts in Sydney over anti-Islam film (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Living Moment

HSC
Shouldn't people have the freedom to disrespect things they don't agree with, and not have to worry about threats of violence.
Please I can go into this for so deep, have you ever watch Russia today? probably the only major media out there that isn't scared of western thugs

Look at all the countries in Middle East right now, what’s happening? Who’s causing the violence there, just today I got news from my uncle that a NATO air strike killed 27 civilian, they only broadcast that on SBS only because there was afghan camera crew, imagine what else is happening, imagine the really lives they take every day

And all we did was have a simple protest, which then the police agitated most of the protesters then all the media shows is our side after the incident, you think were violence because what you see on the media brother. You think that fair?

H

hobozforlife

No, that's not true. You can have valid reasons to hate or disagree with something based on only cursory knowledge.

If your statement was true, then we'd never get anything accomplished, because we'd have to know everything to discuss the validity of anything.
And here I thought we were only talking about religion?

JINOUGA

HSC
N/A
Please I can go into this for so deep, have you ever watch Russia today? probably the only major media out there that isn't scared of western thugs

Look at all the countries in Middle East right now, what’s happening? Who’s causing the violence there, just today I got news from my uncle that a NATO air strike killed 27 civilian, they only broadcast that on SBS only because there was afghan camera crew, imagine what else is happening, imagine the really lives they take every day

And all we did was have a simple protest, which then the police agitated most of the protesters then all the media shows is our side after the incident, you think were violence because what you see on the media brother. You think that fair?
The problem with much of the Muslim population is that they are willing to blame everyone else except for themselves for their own problems. Rather than simply raging at the media, Jews, or the western world, maybe they should fix their own problems so they don't give others a reason to criticise.

7eleven

HSC
N/A
@JINOUGA- i know this is irrelevant but r u paki or indian? PM me.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A

The protest was not in regard to that event, nor was it directed at those involved. If it was, it was highly misguided. In any sense, it's no need for violence, it's a need for political action and ideas.

And here I thought we were only talking about religion?
Religion is not an exception to the rules.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC

A good majority of people here also condemn the wars in the Middle East, so your point is moot.

It was anything but a "simple protest". From what I can see, the police (for once) acted entirely within reason. Anybody who is trying to defend the actual protest should feel utterly disgusted in themselves for trying to justify what was essentially a parade of batshit insane lunatics. The "protests" quickly lost any authority they initially had when the crazies began calling for the beheading of non-believers and those who dared to exercise their right to free speech. Teachers, police and firefighters striking regarding pay conditions are examples of "simple protests". A "simple protest" does not involve rants against other religious groups in an attempt to somehow produce religious equality and tolerance, nor does it involve messages such as "our dead are in heaven, yours are in hell".

It seems that there is a consensus among those who support the protests (who might I add, appear to be a minority) that all non-Muslims are one entity and that the actions of one person on the other side of the globe warrant a response against innocent people. I don't understand the problem. If you are opposed to freedom in general, then leave. Live somewhere else that is more to your liking. This is not a jab at one group - it applies to anybody who is opposed to the values that this country holds dear.

I can't speak for others, but I understand how the material in question is offensive. What is more offensive however, is the way in which this frustration was conveyed on the weekend.

JINOUGA

HSC
N/A
A good majority of people here also condemn the wars in the Middle East, so your point is moot.

It was anything but a "simple protest". From what I can see, the police (for once) acted entirely within reason. Anybody who is trying to defend the actual protest should feel utterly disgusted in themselves for trying to justify what was essentially a parade of batshit insane lunatics. The "protests" quickly lost any authority they initially had when the crazies began calling for the beheading of non-believers and those who dared to exercise their right to free speech. Teachers, police and firefighters striking regarding pay conditions are examples of "simple protests". A "simple protest" does not involve rants against other religious groups in an attempt to somehow produce religious equality and tolerance, nor does it involve messages such as "our dead are in heaven, yours are in hell".

It seems that there is a consensus among those who support the protests (who might I add, appear to be a minority) that all non-Muslims are one entity and that the actions of one person on the other side of the globe warrant a response against innocent people. I don't understand the problem. If you are opposed to freedom in general, then leave. Live somewhere else that is more to your liking. This is not a jab at one group - it applies to anybody who is opposed to the values that this country holds dear.
+1

Living Moment

HSC
Last fact before I start study: the population increased 141% within the past decade, Christianity increased 42%, while Islam increased 265%.

And 46% of Europe’s population will be Muslim that fact, Imagine when one of those Muslims becomes a prime minister/president, what he going to do if he has a apposing thought on America?

The world is changing, and there's nothing/no-one that can stand in its way.

Power Rangers

HSC
N/A
Last fact before I start study: the population increased 141% within the past decade, Christianity increased 42%, while Islam increased 265%.

And 46% of Europe’s population will be Muslim that fact, Imagine when one of those Muslims becomes a prime minister/president, what he going to do if he has a apposing thought on America?

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/fastest_growing.png

Determined3

HSC
Last fact before I start study: the population increased 141% within the past decade,

Fastest growing religion: Islam, however atheism is growing at a faster rate.

Last edited:

7eleven

HSC
N/A
Phew, that's a relief.
You've proved to us that you only have a grudge against Islam. This quite strongly contradicts what your bibiography suggests."Some things can not be explained by science. Take for example, rainbows. Rainbows are a mystery and you can not touch them, just like god. Despite this fact, they are still there even though there is no scientific explanation for them. So next time you find yourself doubting your faith, think of god as a rainbow. I know that this can be a difficult concept for some of you to grasp. It is just like air you can't see it but you know its theire".I

RANK 1

HSC
You've proved to us that you only have a grudge against Islam. This quite strongly contradicts what your bibiography suggests."Some things can not be explained by science. Take for example, rainbows. Rainbows are a mystery and you can not touch them, just like god. Despite this fact, they are still there even though there is no scientific explanation for them. So next time you find yourself doubting your faith, think of god as a rainbow. I know that this can be a difficult concept for some of you to grasp. It is just like air you can't see it but you know its theire".I
yeah but the rainbow doesnt promise things like being omnipotent and all caring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)