Want to take drugs? Teen guide 'shows how' (1 Viewer)

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
The publication was released by "Sydney West Area Health Service" The chances of schools in this region producing doctors, lawyers and other professionals is significantly lessened.

Your argument Captain Gh3y is therefore invalid.

[End overt snobbery]

BigBear_25

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
They should make another booklet that ackowledges the dropkick teenagers who are going to OD and end up living in a box on the side of the road anyway despite advice. "So you've decided to ruin your life". It'll give tips on where to go for the best stuff, interviews with dealers and pimps, how to run from the cops, what to do if your flat gets raided, obtaining firearms, etc etc.

to answer the original post I think it's a good idea in theory, we'll have to see how well it works out.
Why stop there how about Molotov 101 and mattress buring.

Riet said:
I wish they'd taught us how to roll a joint good, would have saved us some time and effort.
Not quite what for looking for but here it goes:

"Roll, roll, roll your joint, twist it at the end,
Take a puff you'll get stuffed, pass it to a friend."

Good way to teach the kindies :rofl:

boris

Banned
HSC
JaredR said:
The publication was released by "Sydney West Area Health Service" The chances of schools in this region producing doctors, lawyers and other professionals is significantly lessened.

[End overt snobbery]
lol!

Man you're such a douche, aren't you.

EDIT: BTW, a girl from my school got into medicine, and we're in a health service even worse than SWAHS. ;)

historykidd

HSC
JaredR said:

[End overt snobbery]

hey and oh,

your a jew.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
i'm just going to put jardeR on that ignore script so i never have to see any of his posts or anyone who quotes him ever again.

EDIT: Much, much, much better.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Im tempted to say that there should still be zero tolerance. If my government gave me a defeatist pamphet in yr10 explaining how you can take drugs if you want, but theyre illegal, i'd have less respect for the rule of law and be more likely to slip down that lubricated path of moral disintergration

boris

Banned
HSC
Iron said:
Im tempted to say that there should still be zero tolerance. If my government gave me a defeatist pamphet in yr10 explaining how you can take drugs if you want, but theyre illegal, i'd have less respect for the rule of law and be more likely to slip down that lubricated path of moral disintergration
Oi

I used to be zero tolerance.

It doesn't work.

Harm minimisation is the best line of defence we have.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
boris said:
Oi

I used to be zero tolerance.

It doesn't work.

Harm minimisation is the best line of defence we have.
Im not sure whether it's better to have respected laws though... Either it's illegal or it isnt. Government shouldnt sabotage themselves like this. It's an unforgivable contradiction, the results of which would spill over in a variety of other areas.

boris

Banned
HSC
Iron said:
Im not sure whether it's better to have respected laws though... Either it's illegal or it isnt. Government shouldnt sabotage themselves like this. It's an unforgivable contradiction, the results of which would spill over in a variety of other areas.
k guy. you don't need to tell me.

just now i was abused because we have the wrong size 'free syringes'. it totally goes against everything i believe in.

but i cant argue with the facts; harm minimisation has been far more effective than zero tolerance ever has.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Harm minimisation is fine if your ultimate objective is to protect people at risk of substance abuse. But the broader objective of maintaining a stable society (ie rule of law) trumps this (imo)
It's like saying that we shouldnt have a military because the soldiers might get hurt. The fact is that we need them on that wall, we need some sacrificial lambs to ensure that the mythic purity maintaining the structure of government is not undermined.

boris

Banned
HSC
Iron said:
Harm minimisation is fine if your ultimate objective is to protect people at risk of substance abuse. But the broader objective of maintaining a stable society (ie rule of law) trumps this (imo)
It's like saying that we shouldnt have a military because the soldiers might get hurt. The fact is that we need them on that wall, we need some sacrificial lambs to ensure that the mythic purity maintaining the structure of government is not undermined.
ok guy, issues i see with this are;
- what do we do with non violent drug offenders. forced rehab? pretty sure theyve tried this, it doesnt work. jail? excellent, we can be like new mexico - 60% of inmates are non violent drug offenders. sounds like a fantastic use of resources.

the next step is to introduce government grade drugs, similar to the system in Holland and those other countries. The government provides drugs and an injection centre, to be honest the results (in terms of crime statistics, overdoses, assults, etc) have been amazing.

like i said. it goes against everything i believe in, in terms of morality. but i cant argue with the statistics.

i dont get your argument. i think ultimately, if we protect those at risk of substance abuse we're protecting those who would otherwise be the victim of substance abuse related crimes.

JJBearPaw

HSC
I think it's a good idea in theory.

The people who take drugs and get busted will just blame it on the pamphlet though.

I reckon, if they start telling people how to take drugs, they'd have to make possession legal.

Nothing is good for everyone.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
boris said:
ok guy, issues i see with this are;
- what do we do with non violent drug offenders. forced rehab? pretty sure theyve tried this, it doesnt work. jail? excellent, we can be like new mexico - 60% of inmates are non violent drug offenders. sounds like a fantastic use of resources.

the next step is to introduce government grade drugs, similar to the system in Holland and those other countries. The government provides drugs and an injection centre, to be honest the results (in terms of crime statistics, overdoses, assults, etc) have been amazing.

like i said. it goes against everything i believe in, in terms of morality. but i cant argue with the statistics.

i dont get your argument. i think ultimately, if we protect those at risk of substance abuse we're protecting those who would otherwise be the victim of substance abuse related crimes.
Excellent points. My major qualm is the legality issue. I like the idea of government injecting rooms, where government controls the supply and demand, while it also covertly using addicts to track down the drug barons on the streets (when theyre refused more)

Gambling, drinking, smoking and promisciuos sex all have health and social risks, but they are begrudgingly allowed.
These contradictions enrage me.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
The difference with sex ed is that this shows the government umming and aaring over how seriously it takes its own laws

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)