Weird study habits (1 Viewer)

Kaatie

HSC
Ok so I have a number of things a bit like OCD
I can't write essays on a week night
when I write an essay I have to look through every book on that text, past answers, markers comments until I'm done
if I haven't done this I can't sleep

weirdly it's only an English thing I have no problems with other subjects. Comments on this? Save the insults if you have any although contructive criticm allowed =)

HSC
isnt that a good thing that your doing all that?
because it would give you a deeper analysis incase you missed out on anything and a broader view so then you can answer a broader range of question on it also

ohkay but maybe not the weekday essay thing...... =/

Venom.

HSC
I need to listen to a certain song 3 times in a row before I can pick up a book.

hollaholla

HSC
Weird isnt always bad!.

for example..if i start a science topic(section)...i have GOT to finish it. I will not rest till it is done and dusted.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
When i memorise notes, I walk around my house while reading them aloud. I can't stand studying and not being some what physically active. I can't stand sitting and studying for long periods except during school. I have to walk around at least 10 minutes in an hour of study.

lychnobity

HSC
I can't seem to concentrate without a 'reward' or work unless I'm in the right clothes

Also, I have a tendency to get motivated by the fish tank, so it has become a sort of ritual to visit the fish when I'm on a break. fml

anom1ly

HSC
when i write notes, i havto use 4 or more sources, even if one is sufficient for a particular dotpoint

i also can't write essays on a weeknight, unless its a homework task

LordPc

HSC
I can't study when my bed isn't done! It just pisses me off every time i look at it.
haha, ive got a similar quirk.

bed must be done before i do any work. i think of it as the stepping stone to the harder stuff

"ok, ive made my bed, looks pretty good. now its time to tackle some harder assignments"

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
HSC
Sometimes when I'm deep in study I'll burst out in song, usually 'I Got You' by Split Enz.

It's quite weird, but it seems to upset my mum.

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
i leave all my assessments to the last night, and do the bulk of them at four in the morning, and i hate looking at other attempts at the same/similar question.

works a treat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)