• We need YOUR help for the next generation of students! Upload your notes and exams on our Notes & Resources page!

Welcome to Faculty of Commerce and Economics (1 Viewer)

hieutu612

New Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2005
Messages
7
Gender
Female
HSC
2005
I've talked to people and been to open days but it will only ever be their opinion and it's always difficult to describe your courses. That's why I want to see a page of stuff you actually learn; so I can see first hand what it's like.

I get best marks in business but omg it's boring. I do nothing in my business classes.
 

Eagles

ROAR~!
Joined
May 5, 2004
Messages
989
Location
Reality
Gender
Male
HSC
2004
hieutu612 said:
I've talked to people and been to open days but it will only ever be their opinion and it's always difficult to describe your courses. That's why I want to see a page of stuff you actually learn; so I can see first hand what it's like.

I get best marks in business but omg it's boring. I do nothing in my business classes.
alrights.. heres acct1b's course outline. :)
 

hieutu612

New Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2005
Messages
7
Gender
Female
HSC
2005
thanks for that Eagles.

omg... cash flows...budgets...im studying that right this instance...and it is b-o-r-i-n-g.
 

Sarah168

London Calling
Joined
Dec 25, 2003
Messages
5,332
Location
Sydney
Gender
Female
HSC
2004
what DO you like then? Maybe it's better to focus on what you like rather than what you wish to avoid
 

hieutu612

New Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2005
Messages
7
Gender
Female
HSC
2005
I like...philosophy...but I can't get a career with that

Oh well. I'll probably end up doing something related to commerce anyway. You can't escape your parents' expectations.
 

Sarah168

London Calling
Joined
Dec 25, 2003
Messages
5,332
Location
Sydney
Gender
Female
HSC
2004
well, maybe commerce/arts then

ALOT of people like philosophy in the high school yrs but from everyone i've spoken to, once you actually study it, you never ever wanna do it again...

not saying this will necessarily be you but it happens alot lol
 

hieutu612

New Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2005
Messages
7
Gender
Female
HSC
2005
why don't those people want to do it again after studying it?
 

Sarah168

London Calling
Joined
Dec 25, 2003
Messages
5,332
Location
Sydney
Gender
Female
HSC
2004
it's boring, tedious and they hate it

reading abit of albert camus in your spare time is one thing but studying it for a semester, writing a 2500 wd essay on it and and being examined on it is not fun
 

Bobness

English / Law
Joined
Aug 7, 2005
Messages
1,664
Location
Sligo
Gender
Male
HSC
N/A
Sarah168 said:
it's boring, tedious and they hate it

reading abit of albert camus in your spare time is one thing but studying it for a semester, writing a 2500 wd essay on it and and being examined on it is not fun
Seems like something only a commerce student would say :p

Granted at unsw the philosophy department does not seem very enthralling. In fact looking here http://reprints.library.unsw.edu.au/cgi-bin/view_reprints.cgi?item=998224863 it appears the school of philosophy bases their material on what the famous faculty of business (economics) gives them.

Prisoner's dilemma and mathematics in philosophy? No thanks.

Having said that, those who do commerce would probably appreciate PHIL1010.
 

drmix

Member
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
253
Gender
Male
HSC
N/A
is it just me or has the Faculty of Business retained from using this name...

im starting to see the Australian School of Business around now?
 

harry6557

New Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
1
Gender
Male
HSC
2007
i just got into economics at unsw, missed out on commerce by 0.25! but ye i accept it, but i was wondering, wat are the difference between commerce and economics in the first year
 

Pace_T

Active Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2004
Messages
1,785
Gender
Male
HSC
2005
harry6557 said:
i just got into economics at unsw, missed out on commerce by 0.25! but ye i accept it, but i was wondering, wat are the difference between commerce and economics in the first year
jack shit. after one year provided that u go pretty good u can transfer easily anyhoo. so dont stress!
 

JustJackie

Member
Joined
May 25, 2011
Messages
40
Gender
Male
HSC
2011
Uni Grad
2015
Right here! I don't really like Accounting, but I'm getting better at it. Finance is for cool people, so that's for me.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top