Welcome to Faculty of Commerce and Economics (1 Viewer)

hieutu612

HSC
I've talked to people and been to open days but it will only ever be their opinion and it's always difficult to describe your courses. That's why I want to see a page of stuff you actually learn; so I can see first hand what it's like.

I get best marks in business but omg it's boring. I do nothing in my business classes.

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
hieutu612 said:
I've talked to people and been to open days but it will only ever be their opinion and it's always difficult to describe your courses. That's why I want to see a page of stuff you actually learn; so I can see first hand what it's like.

I get best marks in business but omg it's boring. I do nothing in my business classes.
alrights.. heres acct1b's course outline. :)

hieutu612

HSC
thanks for that Eagles.

omg... cash flows...budgets...im studying that right this instance...and it is b-o-r-i-n-g.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
what DO you like then? Maybe it's better to focus on what you like rather than what you wish to avoid

hieutu612

HSC
I like...philosophy...but I can't get a career with that

Oh well. I'll probably end up doing something related to commerce anyway. You can't escape your parents' expectations.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
well, maybe commerce/arts then

ALOT of people like philosophy in the high school yrs but from everyone i've spoken to, once you actually study it, you never ever wanna do it again...

not saying this will necessarily be you but it happens alot lol

hieutu612

HSC
why don't those people want to do it again after studying it?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
it's boring, tedious and they hate it

reading abit of albert camus in your spare time is one thing but studying it for a semester, writing a 2500 wd essay on it and and being examined on it is not fun

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Sarah168 said:
it's boring, tedious and they hate it

reading abit of albert camus in your spare time is one thing but studying it for a semester, writing a 2500 wd essay on it and and being examined on it is not fun
Seems like something only a commerce student would say :p

Granted at unsw the philosophy department does not seem very enthralling. In fact looking here http://reprints.library.unsw.edu.au/cgi-bin/view_reprints.cgi?item=998224863 it appears the school of philosophy bases their material on what the famous faculty of business (economics) gives them.

Prisoner's dilemma and mathematics in philosophy? No thanks.

Having said that, those who do commerce would probably appreciate PHIL1010.

drmix

HSC
N/A
is it just me or has the Faculty of Business retained from using this name...

im starting to see the Australian School of Business around now?

harry6557

HSC
i just got into economics at unsw, missed out on commerce by 0.25! but ye i accept it, but i was wondering, wat are the difference between commerce and economics in the first year

Pace_T

HSC
harry6557 said:
i just got into economics at unsw, missed out on commerce by 0.25! but ye i accept it, but i was wondering, wat are the difference between commerce and economics in the first year
jack shit. after one year provided that u go pretty good u can transfer easily anyhoo. so dont stress!

JustJackie

HSC
Uni Grad
Right here! I don't really like Accounting, but I'm getting better at it. Finance is for cool people, so that's for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)