• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

what are easy, guilt free ways to become friends with girls at Uni? (2 Viewers)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Well, that's better than what I got - which was a one-off picture.

Good on you Chevalier!

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Why do you want to be friends with girls? Just have friends, why does gender even come into, what do you gain from gendered friends? Girls generally aren't interested in as much cool shit, and aren't as useful to have around.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Err... they bring out one's feminine side?

Besides, it'd be nice to have a female friend. A person you can talk to about fashion and whatnot... I don't know.

Chevalier

FutureGazer
HSC
ok I think I should just clarify some things, at the moment its only speculation, I THINK 1st week's gone alright but that's just the beginning

For the time being I don't intend to use that no. for any purpose whatsoever, until at least I know I'll get a favourable reception. Especially if it hasn't been earnt yet. And for the general part I'm just kinda intimidated by the idea of being in huge crowds and trying to ease into a group amidst the backdrop of hundreds of other ppl is not I'm comfrotable doing. A person's by him/herself, ok great just find something plausible to talk about according to the situation, but when someone u want to talk to is in a group of 2 or more ppl I just don't want to try at all.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
if you're really having trouble getting attention from the ladies

you could hold up an "attraction sign" showing that you were a (17-22) year old white male looking for a boyfriend free girl...

see here for an example of how it works
http://www.sonichu.com/cwcki/Attraction_sign

gesh17

HSC
N/A
i hate how people just go around starting random conversations, trying to make friends/get sex. its so contrived. friendship should be natural. and also have deeper meaning
I agree with you in regards to random people who go around trying to get sex but friendship is not really something linear personally anyway - it can be spontaneous and natural at the same time. All it takes is just one off-the-cuff comment.

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
you guys would hate me. I make friends with the sole intention to use them for notes.

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
you guys would hate me. I make friends with the sole intention to use them for notes.
i was told to do that. especially with higher maths since they'll most likely be james ruse kids

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
i was told to do that. especially with higher maths since they'll most likely be james ruse kids
I do endorse this. Even if you miss a tute or a lecture or something and you dont want to be behind you have back up.

Its so good.

Chevalier

FutureGazer
HSC
there will be time, there will be time first few wks at uni are meant to be pretty nerve-wracking but I'm sure that'll change. At least there's a camp, cruise, ball and other social events to look forward to

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
thats so homosexual
Perhaps. As I said, I have no clue.

Well, women are brought up differently to men - they could be a source of great conversation or deeper conversation on traditionally male subjects. Like, I wonder what a girl thinks about say... cars.

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
pretty much the same with the 'spent money on clothes' thing except that fucked me over because i still don't have a job

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
People need to learn to stop caring about which gender your friends are and ironically you will end up with female friends. In other words your attempts are comming across as forced because you're trying to apply HSC science to something which shouldn't really require forethought. Just rock up to uni, enjoy your experience there, learn a thing or two and let things happen by themselves.

I also find it funny how women are being made out as objects in this thread which require some sort of skill or trick to 'get' but whatever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)