what are easy, guilt free ways to become friends with girls at Uni? (3 Viewers)

boris

Banned
HSC
I'm sure alot of guys out there, me included, would give anything to have the self-confidence you have when it comes to approaching ppl of the opposite sex and befriending them. We can't all live up to the virile, aussie male ideal, picking up girls left, right and centre and having been through numerous relationships before the age of 20. Alot of us just don't have any confidence when it comes to talking to them, let alone befriending them. And Uni's such a big place anyways, it easy to feel like no one understands joo
who said anything about picking up

friends=/=picking up

infact befriending a girl significantly reduces your chances of picking her up

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
- A sneaky way i was taught before I started uni was on ur first week go to lectures 10 mins early and scout around for any girls u may wanna start a convo who is not sitting with anyone, sit next to her and say "Hey, hows it going"
You'd have to be quite desperate to do this... lol

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Best way to make friends: walk into a large crowd, be yourself, talk to many people and pick those people that interest you and hopefully they will like you back (in a platonic way). You'll get rejected by some, but you'll succeed with others.

Simple friend making is simple.

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
cmon, we should help them be more socially retarded.

if they become "normal" then bos will be boring.

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
indeed.

I will enjoy hearing about shadowdude's sexual pursuits.

"what is sex?"

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
*Points to sex for dummies book.

Last edited:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
You mean if I get any sexploits.

How are you people so confident I can get laid <_<

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Chavelier, you think in a very romantic and pure way. I do too.

You know you only have good intentions to befriend women - so go for it! Your Freudian slips, if you even had any, would show nothing wrong.

Just go there, go up to someone and just talk. Like, if she's sitting down on the staircase - in my eccentric and wierd way, I would probably go up to her and say, "You know, there's a perfectly good chair over there" - complete with a point to said chair.

Now that's my way of starting conversations, and it's a way I like and am comfortable with. Common territory is very much needed for any conversation - so why not start it with something both of you can see?

Now the only think preventing me doing that to everything is a natural shyness. People have it. But it doesn't hurt going up and talking to someone - and keeping it light means you can break away quickly.

But don't go purposely out of your way to sit next to her in the lecture hall... that'd be kinda wierd. Do that when you're friends.

I'd only ask a girl out to coffee if I tried the above environment-based conversation and then it went on for a while and I had to leave. I'd probably say something but I have no idea what to say... so I'd have to make it up on the spot. Something like, I have to go now - it was great talking to you. Hey listen, I know this great coffee place - want to go chat some more there after such and such?

Go there, and just be yourself. You lapse into your natural shell anyway - just go there, be interesting, be friendly and all will work out. You'll find someone. Like at the UNSW Info Day, first girl I talked to - we got onto a twenty minute conversation. Me, the guy with perennial girl problems. It was... shocking, to say the least.

If I can do it - sure as hell you can.
Got through sentance one

You are a gigantic faggot

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Oh, reading what I've written now just seems so... lol-worthy.

Wonderful stuff.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Is that a good thing? I'm not sure. Like, I remember playing GTA and killing pimps <_<

Chevalier

FutureGazer
HSC
well this thread has pretty much outlived its usefulness and I'd like to say that the whole thing is well and truly dead so consider this an instance of me burying the hatchet.

By 6pm today I will have just survived my first wk of uni and I think I've done alright for myself. At least I've been able to hang with my high school friends during my downtime, but I've talked to some ppl and I THINK I made a friend-a girl whom I met on orientation day, so we already kinda knew one another. I even got her phone no. but I spent the rest of that day just frowning to myself and shaking my head in denial at how quickly it all went :s Even now I still wonder whether it was the right thing to "offer" my no. cause the person feels compelled to give theirs in return :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)