What are you currently Reading? (2 Viewers)

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Red Queen

by Matt Ridley

Basically a summation of sex and evolution

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Just finished The Road by Cormac McCarthy.

Really, really good.

It's one of those books you can really only read once because then you know what happens so you're not so into it on subsequent readings...suspense is gone.

However I will read it again just for the awesome writing. Thumbs up.

HSC
I am currently reading journal articles about feminist standpoint theory and critical realist ontologies.

I am jealous.

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
just finished reading;
Eclipse, New Moon and Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer (the ones after Twilight)
They were all pretty good, interest plots even though they were sorta based on some classics (which they named in the books) they didn't demand the same reactions, but I would read new moon over wuthering heights any day (Had it for a lit book in year 12 and still couldn't read it)

People talk shit about Meyer's writing etc but there is no way she alludes to wanting to be compared to the classics, its a fantasy pulp fiction that is very well executed, so well that I almost literally could not put them down (read all 3 in the space of 4 days)

Recomended

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
On Liberty

John Stuart Mill

"The only freedom which deserves the name is that of pursuing our own good, in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it."

Can it be put any better? I think not.

Last edited:

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
What seems like a thousand essays on proprietary rights in human body parts.
Prior to that, however (and following it, provided I make it to Friday), Simplexity by Jeffrey Kluger.

iiinsane02

HSC
Finished The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.

A friend recommended me his previous novel The Messenger so I'm attempting to read it now. Nearly done with John Boyne's The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas.

:):)

Jayy-StaRawr

HSC
The Dragon Keeper Series:
1)Dragon Dawn
2)Dragon Keeper
3)Garden of the Purple Dragon
4)Dragon Moon
i just recently finished reading those 4 books the author was Carole Wilkinson, i overall liked the books being a big fan of dragons, i highly recommend it for other dragon fans.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)