What are you currently Reading? (1 Viewer)

HSC
marcquelle said:
Just finsihed reading the Idiot actually i loved the relationship that builds between Mishkin & Agley (s/p), which he rejects for that other girl (you know the one that he saves). Thats all i really liked about. [I decided to read cause my English teacher last year suggesed to our class to read it. Personally i felt that it dragged on. IMO. ]
I liked Aglaia at first but she seemed kind of flat at the end. It was a pretty sad ending, lol...

Anyway, now that I finished that book I'm reading Neuromancer, by William Gibson (about time, right? I've been meaning to read this for a while).

pushkin

HSC
N/A
the forgiveness parade by jeffrey macdaniel. it's a collection of poems. i recommend him to anyone who has a fondness for poetry.

hahahayley

HSC
SiN3m said:
how does it compare to the show? i wanna read it later sum tym....
i've only just started but so far it seems the show has stayed pretty true to the book. both are equally addictive.

Tammi105

HSC
I am currently reading Claimed by shadow by Karen Chance. It is the second book in the Cassandra Palmer series. So far it is alright. :uhhuh:
For school i have just finished The color purple by Alice Walker. It wasn't the best book that i have ever read. :confused:

EchoRyvre

HSC
I'm just about to start 'Winter', by John Marsden ... I finished his 'Letters from the Inside' novel today and I think I'll read all my English notes after that, seeing as I have exams on Monday and Tuesday :)

cait33

Doctor's Companion
HSC
The Host- Stephanie Meyer ( it was taken from me cos i was reading instead of studying for trials!)

Cassandra- Kerry Greenwood (trojan war, lots of sex)

Around the world in eighty days- Jules Verne (my journeys text that i have not read for trial on monday!!!!!)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Crime and Punishment, Dostoyevsky

bawd

HSC
Iron said:
Crime and Punishment, Dostoyevsky
I cannot find that book anywhere. I've been looking at my local library branches as well as at bookshops.

pushkin

HSC
N/A
and keep trying to find crime and punishment! it is my favourite novel, i was absolutely blown away by it.

bawd

HSC
pushkin said:
are you enjoying it? i struggled to get through it.
About 30 pages through at current, but no I'm not struggling to get through it. Try reading The Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man or Ulysses by James Joyce if you think Amis is hard, lol.

phosphorescent

You make me sad.
HSC
Whee!
I just finished Jasper Fforde's The Big Overeasy.
Waiting for my friend to finish The Fourth Bear sequel so I can borrow it. :lol:

HSC
bawd said:
I cannot find that book anywhere. I've been looking at my local library branches as well as at bookshops.
Try the school library, that's where I found a copy (it's sitting on my desk waiting to be read).

At the moment I'm chewing through a short story collection by Isaac Asimov, mainly in search of an EX1 additional. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)