What are you going to do next year? (1 Viewer)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I have got my subject selections in my signature.... There they are ..... Down the bottom there. I have 14 units.... I am going to try the 14 as is. Well first i will talk to the teachers and see what they think I should do. etc etc. if I can't cope I will drop either Physics or Music. Maybe i can do music lessons on the side... it will be hard though.

EDIT: Not 14 anymore... I have taken Engineering Studies (Online) out of the equation for two reasons... It's too broad and also isn't going to be much of an advantage when I go to uni to study Engineering.... Oh make that 3 reasons.... it's online; I don't know how I'd cope with an online course.

Last edited:
HSC
im giving big thumbs up* for this thread! I just wanted to know what the scaling for extension japanese was? Thanks!!!!;)

Last edited:
HSC
honeynlicorice said:
im giving big thumbs up* for this thread! I just wanted to know what the scaling for extension japanese was? Thanks!!!!;)
every language extension scales well..equal to or better than that of english extension 2

i think..

latin extension is the second highest..behind maths ext. 2

cHoke-meh

HSC
TearsOfFire said:
Is there anyone who has done/is doing 14 units in year 11?? We have to do 13 units minimum, and I don't like any of the 1 unit subject on offer, so what's the workload like for 14 units?
*Raises hand* - but only because of me being in a Catholic school. And since i hate Religion... Catholic Studies for me :) Doesn't even go to my UAI - no HSC test. What a joke...

Subject selection in signature
|
|
\/

smushieex

HSC
Our school provides 'recommendations' for the subjects we can choose.
It pretty much just tells us whether or not we're allowed to do a certain subject.
These 'recommendations' are strictly enforced when it comes to Science subjects, Math subjects, HSIE subjects and English subjects.
Oh, and Religion subjects too. If you're an average - above average student you get to choose either SOR 1 or 2, and if you're kinda below average you're recommended catholic studies.

Anyways, I'm doing the subjects listed in my sig. :)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
cHoke-meh said:
*Raises hand* - but only because of me being in a Catholic school. And since i hate Religion... Catholic Studies for me :) Doesn't even go to my UAI - no HSC test. What a joke...

Subject selection in signature
|
|
\/
Catholic Studies is a joke, no offence.

For that subject, you still have to attend classes and work. That's exactly like SOR I in that sense. Why would anyone waste his/her time doing Catholic Studies when it doesn't even count? You might have SOR I as a back-up unit if you flunk in one subject.

speedofsound

HSC
Signature says it all. I originally did Drama instead of Ancient History, but I do Drama this year and absolutely despise it. Only chose it because I didn't have anything else I really wanted to do. Recent lessons convinced me even more that I didn't wanna do it next year, so I went with Ancient. :p

cHoke-meh

HSC
lyounamu said:
Catholic Studies is a joke, no offence.

For that subject, you still have to attend classes and work. That's exactly like SOR I in that sense. Why would anyone waste his/her time doing Catholic Studies when it doesn't even count? You might have SOR I as a back-up unit if you flunk in one subject.
:) I understand that completely - but in my twisted sense of reality, I will most likely end up dropping Bio in Year 12, and pick up one more unit of Maths (Ext 2), resulting in 13 units (inc. Catholic Studies). So in order to keep the actual tests that i do for my HSC down to a minimum, i've decided to do Catholic Studies. I doubt it would matter anyway, Religion is my worst subject, i just scrape a pass mark each year.

edit: :( Now i'm having second thoughts. In my situation, would it really be a good idea to switch to SOR1?

Last edited:

sam.mg

HSC
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
Catholic Studies is a million times better than the Studies of Religion shit!

Business Services is better than the majority of the subjects that you put up. And yes I would like the link.

why dont you come up with more orginal come backs or fuck off :)

actually it does count towards the HSC. just like not everyone doing the HSC recieves a UAI, not all HSC subjects count towards UAI. catholic studies is one of these subjects
WHy the fuck would anyone care about what it scaled then? If they weren't looking for a UAI? In which case, why would it ned to be on this forum?

And who cares - Catholic studies sounds like the worst subject ever.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
cHoke-meh said:
:) I understand that completely - but in my twisted sense of reality, I will most likely end up dropping Bio in Year 12, and pick up one more unit of Maths (Ext 2), resulting in 13 units (inc. Catholic Studies). So in order to keep the actual tests that i do for my HSC down to a minimum, i've decided to do Catholic Studies. I doubt it would matter anyway, Religion is my worst subject, i just scrape a pass mark each year.

edit: :( Now i'm having second thoughts. In my situation, would it really be a good idea to switch to SOR1?
I would rather not do a subject in year 12 if it didn't count towards my UAI. I'm not 13 units now, thinking of changing to SOR1 and therefore it would be 12, would prefer to do 11 units MAX (preferably 10) for my HSC year. Year 12 ideally would be: 4u English, SAC, CAFS, Visual Arts :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)