What car do you drive? (the new one) (1 Viewer)

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Looks awesome mate, it's not something you see everyday :D
Thanks, im fairly impartial to it tbh and wasn't a fan at first but a few people have said they like it actually. It's been over a year now though so they aren't looking as good anymore.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I was wondering when u'd post that up :) Good choice pal. Sleeper!
Yeah, i really like the turbo liberties and that one looks very clean and nice. Good looking sleepers are awesome! One of the few cars on my mind for a couple of years time. Is insurance for turbo cars and under 25s as bad as everyone makes out? I've got some online quotes (put my age up by two) and it seemd any NA car with any kind of performance vibe to it are just as costly to insure.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, i really like the turbo liberties and that one looks very clean and nice. Good looking sleepers are awesome! One of the few cars on my mind for a couple of years time. Is insurance for turbo cars and under 25s as bad as everyone makes out? I've got some online quotes (put my age up by two) and it seemd any NA car with any kind of performance vibe to it are just as costly to insure.
Yes. I checked my Evo X quote (brand new car) vs. someone with an R32 GTR in mint condition insured for agreed value $30k; both of us had similar insurance premiums of either $5.5k+ p/a with standard excess from Just Car or about $2.5k with a $4k+ excess. That being said these were performance cars- you might be able to sneak away with a sleeper like the Liberty STI.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
I was wondering when u'd post that up :) Good choice pal. Sleeper!
Thanks mate, yeah I love how it really doesn't attract a ton of attention.

Insurance is like double my N/A Liberty, first time I've seen it hit 4 figures.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Insurance is like double my N/A Liberty, first time I've seen it hit 4 figures.
Ahh ok, last year when i got the pulsar pretty much every car i was looking at getting had insurance quotes well into the four figures with the main stream companies- especially with grey imports. But even like random Hondas were ~1.5k! I think the Liberties were around the same, but it was the fact that the ones in my budget had the head gasket issues that turned me away from them. My car is insured with Budget Direct now though and they are considerably cheaper than any other company but from messing around on their site they wont let any under 25s be insured for most performance oriented cars. Including MX5s!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Whilst your premium may go down you also need to be mindful of in the event of a claim you need quick responses (e.g. if you need your car for work, you don't want them picking a dodgy mechanic which you can't get to for days).

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Whilst your premium may go down you also need to be mindful of in the event of a claim you need quick responses (e.g. if you need your car for work, you don't want them picking a dodgy mechanic which you can't get to for days).
I'm not too bothered tbh since that isn't critical, i catch train to uni and atm im only working one day a week (and only during school terms =( Need a new job!) Plus on top of that im living with my family still so i'll almost always have access to another car if needed.

The savings from going with Budget were HUGE.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
Renegotiated my insurance. About 1k a year give or take.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm not too bothered tbh since that isn't critical, i catch train to uni and atm im only working one day a week (and only during school terms =( Need a new job!) Plus on top of that im living with my family still so i'll almost always have access to another car if needed.

The savings from going with Budget were HUGE.
The other thing is whether or not you care whether they use genuine parts or substitute etc... If you're into modifying your car, this can be a big deal.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
The other thing is whether or not you care whether they use genuine parts or substitute etc... If you're into modifying your car, this can be a big deal.
Yeah, i think it's fairly wide spread among the main stream insurers anyway. My car is a SSS pulsar for example but they'll often repair using standard Pulsar parts which just looks shit. It's worse for people with JDM import pulsars who get stuck with SSS or standard pulsar parts when the JDM goodies are worth a fortune.

Brent get some fake brembo calipers =)
Haha those things are so dodgy! I'm actually in process of upgrading my brakes with my dad, so the calipers are getting resprayed Red - the brembo shade too. Also putting in better brake pads and have already put slotted rotors on the front.

Reactions: x1

Immortalp00n

HSC
came across this r34 today, and saw these altezza style rear lights... i have never seen em on an r34 before, what do u guys think?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Stock lights look better. The shape of those ones in general just dont look as nice as the stock lights either - might just be the lack of colour that makes them appear that way but it looks kinda cheap. I actually think it would look like a fairly clean R34 with stock lights but it doesn't look that way atm.

It's a style which has been looking dated for a couple of years atleast now. Most of the time i think the only car that looks good with Altezzas is THE altezza (is200).

Immortalp00n

HSC
yeah true, i'd prefer the stock coloured led ones....

lol is200 came with them stock :p
and they only look good coz of the consistent red circles throughout the year ( the altezza makes the red circle in the light clearer)

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Yeah, the JDM is200s are called Toyota Altezza's - thats where the name came from.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
Stock lights look better for sure. I dunno about the other folks here, but I really like keeping all of my vehicles looking as stock as reasonable including being "visibly" stock under the hood.

Immortalp00n

HSC
Stock lights look better for sure. I dunno about the other folks here, but I really like keeping all of my vehicles looking as stock as reasonable including being "visibly" stock under the hood.
sleeper lyf brah.
really digging ur liberty sti man ( black ur wheels pls will loook saaaah sexy)

Reactions: x1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)