What car will you get as your first car? (1 Viewer)

skyline

Proud Aurion TRD owner
HSC
N/A
Nissan Micra or Suzuki Swift/Alto :D
Cute cute cuu~te

hahaha, sure they might look cute, but there slow ass pieces of shit cars..no offence, they are more suited to be chicks cars, coz alot of chicks are into these sort of cars..due to there cute appearence as u say.

ohh btw, suzuki alto, is like the slowest freaking car on the road, in automatic it only has 50kw of power @6000rpm lol, and does 0-100 in 17 seconds, just imagine trying to overtake at a busy road where you need to speed up, by the time the throttle responds it would of got snapped lol

nissan micra...the torque on that thing isnt even as much as a freaking motorcycle...and i dont think they are cute, they are ugly cars, out of the small hatch cars, id prefer the mazda 2, firstly im a mazda fan, ive driven a 2 and its pretty quick for its class, believe it or not, the mazda 2 genki in automatic is actually quicker 0-100 then a lexus IS200, the ones all the habibis ride lol, infact a corolla 2008 model can fuck it up, no wait, a hyundai getz in manual may probably outrun it, the lexus IS200 is actually a slow piece of shit which is pretty crap for a 6 cylinder engine.

and the thing i like is the new mazda range, people cant afford to appreciate the look on there smiley face, but i think it actually looks cool, i like both new and old generation for mazda 3 range, they look great in there own way, you guys may disagree but it all comes down to personal taste

i personally think, the mps3 looks way better then the old generation, its actually more refined and they have improved heaps of shit, still the same 190kw engine, but with rx8 rims...looks hot, the bonet scoop brings alot of attention on the road, i know this coz my uncle has one, and when we went out with him once in the city, people everywhere would just not stop looking at it, and it wasnt a shit look in the eyes, rather a wow! kinda look, lots of people in wrxs, skylines, gtis, etc..check it out, its such a bang on "look at me" type of car, and i think its really big improvement from mazda, they even introduced the first single nanotechnology catalytic converter, helps to reduce amount of precious metals needed, the gear ratios are wider then the previous ms3, the larger rims improve overall handling and now that you got dynamic stability control etc..improves the ms3, its a fast car, i felt the boost of that car, the g-forces really hit, we drove on first gear from 0km and managed to get up to 100km, no normal manual car could do that lol, and the torque you really feel it the 380N.m, its a quick as car, that needs to be handled by a pro seeing its a front wheel drive, but torque steer has been minimised by these improvements so that it just drives right.

yea i gotta say, its a whole lot better then the new wrx, that car is so shit, looks like a kia in the rear for the sedan, and dual tail pipes are skinny and ugly and the spoiler is hardly any bigger then that of a small hatchback car, looks like shit! unless you get an STI, which is overpriced, even though the wrx has a quicker 1/4 mile, and 4 wheel drive, the mps is better on the road i reckon, in a straight line the mps will fuck it up.

oh and one other interesting fact is that the mps has the quickest 80-120 timing of just 3.5 second :O! thats quicker then a porche 911 or bmw m3...cool huh :p

goooo mazda..zoom zoom all the way :)

oh and sp25s are wicked cars, they are faster then a suzuki swift sport, the manual is actually quicker then a mazda 6, 7.8 secs, thats pretty quick for a 4 cylinder NA car, i know cars with turbos that cant get that time...wicked!!!

p.s dont get the suzuki alto..its a slow motherfucker, you have to actually thrash it to 6000rpm to get a kinda decent takeoff loll :p

well thats my rant, ciao now :drink:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
hahaha, sure they might look cute, but there slow ass pieces of shit cars..no offence, they are more suited to be chicks cars, coz alot of chicks are into these sort of cars..due to there cute appearence as u say.

ohh btw, suzuki alto, is like the slowest freaking car on the road, in automatic it only has 50kw of power @6000rpm lol, and does 0-100 in 17 seconds, just imagine trying to overtake at a busy road where you need to speed up, by the time the throttle responds it would of got snapped lol

nissan micra...the torque on that thing isnt even as much as a freaking motorcycle...and i dont think they are cute, they are ugly cars, out of the small hatch cars, id prefer the mazda 2, firstly im a mazda fan, ive driven a 2 and its pretty quick for its class, believe it or not, the mazda 2 genki in automatic is actually quicker 0-100 then a lexus IS200, the ones all the habibis ride lol, infact a corolla 2008 model can fuck it up, no wait, a hyundai getz in manual may probably outrun it, the lexus IS200 is actually a slow piece of shit which is pretty crap for a 6 cylinder engine.

and the thing i like is the new mazda range, people cant afford to appreciate the look on there smiley face, but i think it actually looks cool, i like both new and old generation for mazda 3 range, they look great in there own way, you guys may disagree but it all comes down to personal taste

i personally think, the mps3 looks way better then the old generation, its actually more refined and they have improved heaps of shit, still the same 190kw engine, but with rx8 rims...looks hot, the bonet scoop brings alot of attention on the road, i know this coz my uncle has one, and when we went out with him once in the city, people everywhere would just not stop looking at it, and it wasnt a shit look in the eyes, rather a wow! kinda look, lots of people in wrxs, skylines, gtis, etc..check it out, its such a bang on "look at me" type of car, and i think its really big improvement from mazda, they even introduced the first single nanotechnology catalytic converter, helps to reduce amount of precious metals needed, the gear ratios are wider then the previous ms3, the larger rims improve overall handling and now that you got dynamic stability control etc..improves the ms3, its a fast car, i felt the boost of that car, the g-forces really hit, we drove on first gear from 0km and managed to get up to 100km, no normal manual car could do that lol, and the torque you really feel it the 380N.m, its a quick as car, that needs to be handled by a pro seeing its a front wheel drive, but torque steer has been minimised by these improvements so that it just drives right.

yea i gotta say, its a whole lot better then the new wrx, that car is so shit, looks like a kia in the rear for the sedan, and dual tail pipes are skinny and ugly and the spoiler is hardly any bigger then that of a small hatchback car, looks like shit! unless you get an STI, which is overpriced, even though the wrx has a quicker 1/4 mile, and 4 wheel drive, the mps is better on the road i reckon, in a straight line the mps will fuck it up.

oh and one other interesting fact is that the mps has the quickest 80-120 timing of just 3.5 second :O! thats quicker then a porche 911 or bmw m3...cool huh :p

goooo mazda..zoom zoom all the way :)

oh and sp25s are wicked cars, they are faster then a suzuki swift sport, the manual is actually quicker then a mazda 6, 7.8 secs, thats pretty quick for a 4 cylinder NA car, i know cars with turbos that cant get that time...wicked!!!

p.s dont get the suzuki alto..its a slow motherfucker, you have to actually thrash it to 6000rpm to get a kinda decent takeoff loll :p

well thats my rant, ciao now :drink:
what a rant... u work for mazda or do u just have a lot of pride in ur mps3 or something lol. unfortunately this is a bit off topic since not ideal as first cars for p platers?? neither is the WRX or STi. interestingly and i'm not a fan of either, the WRX got bang for ur buck champion. maybe it isn't so bad after all but i'm a mitsu (and honda) boy :)

and, whilst the mini city cars don't have alot of power/torque, they're good for what they're used for. general commuting to carry small items for short distances. besides, power/torque isn't everything. i grew up learning on a 1.3L Daihatsu Terios and have driven my fair share of 1.3L and 1.5L protons. u learn to make the most of the power delivery and to compensate for the throttle delay. 0-100km/h isn't so important. it's more then overtaking speeds of say 40-80 or 60-100 which matter. that also comes down to gearing.

Last edited:

skyline

Proud Aurion TRD owner
HSC
N/A
what a rant... u work for mazda or do u just have a lot of pride in ur mps3 or something lol. unfortunately this is a bit off topic since not ideal as first cars for p platers?? neither is the WRX or STi. interestingly and i'm not a fan of either, the WRX got bang for ur buck champion. maybe it isn't so bad after all but i'm a mitsu (and honda) boy :)

and, whilst the mini city cars don't have alot of power/torque, they're good for what they're used for. general commuting to carry small items for short distances. besides, power/torque isn't everything. i grew up learning on a 1.3L Daihatsu Terios and have driven my fair share of 1.3L and 1.5L protons. u learn to make the most of the power delivery and to compensate for the throttle delay. 0-100km/h isn't so important. it's more then overtaking speeds of say 40-80 or 60-100 which matter. that also comes down to gearing.

no i dont work for mazda, im really into them though, not only mazda, i like fords, holdens, and your more prestige cars like mercs, lexus, bmws etc...

and goodluck to you riding your 1.3 L and 1.5 L engnines, your taste of cars are worst then a chicks man!

you will never know what true power and speed is...too bad ay?

Have you ever riden a turbo car before? Do you know how good it feels, ive driven my cousins xr6 turbo, and its a gunner, it flies man and you hear that nice roar coming from the turboo, not like some shitty 1.3L diahatsu wtf man??? Old people wouldnt even drive shit like that, even they have some class lol

no offence dude, id feel like a big turd riding some shit like that, id rather ride a corolla or something, least its better then driving some slow thing that hardly has a boot and looks like complete shit...sorry man, i dont go for diahatsu or protons, dont get me wrong, but i can drive a car 1.5L, provided its not any of those, they are poor performers in the car market, why else do u think they stop making diahatsus for? coz there shit, prob worst then daewoos lol too bad holden bought them out...look at how shit the holden cruz is and barina is, i wouldnt mind any of those, but reading reviews about them, i was dissapointed..lol

sorry if this topic is way off the scales, but i juz had to say it..sorry folks

ciao dude.

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
1994 toyota celica for about 7 grand, what do you think?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
no i dont work for mazda, im really into them though, not only mazda, i like fords, holdens, and your more prestige cars like mercs, lexus, bmws etc...

and goodluck to you riding your 1.3 L and 1.5 L engnines, your taste of cars are worst then a chicks man!

you will never know what true power and speed is...too bad ay?

Have you ever riden a turbo car before? Do you know how good it feels, ive driven my cousins xr6 turbo, and its a gunner, it flies man and you hear that nice roar coming from the turboo, not like some shitty 1.3L diahatsu wtf man??? Old people wouldnt even drive shit like that, even they have some class lol

no offence dude, id feel like a big turd riding some shit like that, id rather ride a corolla or something, least its better then driving some slow thing that hardly has a boot and looks like complete shit...sorry man, i dont go for diahatsu or protons, dont get me wrong, but i can drive a car 1.5L, provided its not any of those, they are poor performers in the car market, why else do u think they stop making diahatsus for? coz there shit, prob worst then daewoos lol too bad holden bought them out...look at how shit the holden cruz is and barina is, i wouldnt mind any of those, but reading reviews about them, i was dissapointed..lol

sorry if this topic is way off the scales, but i juz had to say it..sorry folks

ciao dude.
Did you totally miss the point of this thread titled "What car will you get as your first car?"

That being said, and despite what I PM'd you, I learnt alot from driving underpowered cars with poor chassis. If you grew up on a high powered car where you always had the ability to overtake with ease then you tend not to appreciate it. Similarly if you learnt to drive in a car with good chassis, you have no idea what it's like to feel the car squirm and start to become unsettled. The challenge with driving Protons and Daihatsus is that you have to overcome the weaknesses yourself with driving skill (throttle control, steering inputs, etc). Skylines are great cars but I'm glad I didn't drive one until a long way after I got my licence.

To help you get over your ignorance, Daihatsus are still being made but they just aren't sold domestically in Aus because they were bought out by Toyota and the Daihatsu cars compete directly in their Yaris market segment.

And yes I know how a turbo car feels. But unlike your view on driving cars and so on... I don't necessarily care that much about image as you do. I'm happy to drive a small underpowered Proton to a party because I have nothing to prove.

ps. Do you actually have a Skyline or did you just call yourself that on a forum because Skylines are cool?

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
not bad

beats a proton atleast lol
Yeh I'd go for the Celica too. But that being said, Proton's usually have "Lotus tuned suspension" (haha.. we laugh now but the car is surprisingly not too bad at high speeds for... a Proton).

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
The proton satria gti is good value for money hot hatch.

206 GTi, 0-100 = 9.00, 400m = 16.43
Satria, 0-100 = 9.94, 400m = 16.92

skyline

Proud Aurion TRD owner
HSC
N/A
Did you totally miss the point of this thread titled "What car will you get as your first car?"

That being said, and despite what I PM'd you, I learnt alot from driving underpowered cars with poor chassis. If you grew up on a high powered car where you always had the ability to overtake with ease then you tend not to appreciate it. Similarly if you learnt to drive in a car with good chassis, you have no idea what it's like to feel the car squirm and start to become unsettled. The challenge with driving Protons and Daihatsus is that you have to overcome the weaknesses yourself with driving skill (throttle control, steering inputs, etc). Skylines are great cars but I'm glad I didn't drive one until a long way after I got my licence.

To help you get over your ignorance, Daihatsus are still being made but they just aren't sold domestically in Aus because they were bought out by Toyota and the Daihatsu cars compete directly in their Yaris market segment.

And yes I know how a turbo car feels. But unlike your view on driving cars and so on... I don't necessarily care that much about image as you do. I'm happy to drive a small underpowered Proton to a party because I have nothing to prove.

ps. Do you actually have a Skyline or did you just call yourself that on a forum because Skylines are cool?

loll

dude firstly i didnt grow up on highly powered cars...wtf? how can you ride a turbo if your on your L's or even P's...dah! ive had my fair share of underpowered cars, but still much better then a daihatsu lol

i did have one car, a mazda 323 protege 98 model, it wasnt bad for the power when i first got it, around 90kw of power, 1.6L engine, it wasnt bad, had for 3yrs and used the shit out of it till 2 of its cylinders got fuked, and i was driving a 2 cylinder car not 4 cylinder lol, up the hill i would floor it and it couldnt exceed 40kms, so having that said i did manage with an underpowered car, it wasnt remarkably quick either, but i managed with it.

man i dont give a shit about daihatsus honestly, i dont care if they went broke or they got bought by toyota, dont care, there not my type of car so i hardly look into them.

dude i dont care what you think, if my image is so WOW then its because im into it, you know...car enthusiast, trust me there are plenty out there, but if your riding an evo X how the hell can you not possibly care, someone who rides that obviously has a taste for turbo, dont act like your not all into it.

oh, and if your trying to be funny with the whole username thing, no i dont own a skyline, but someday i hope to own a skyline gtr, the new one, they are beasts.:uhhuh:

p.s lotus tuned suspension doesnt change the fact protons are cheap pieces of shit cars, id favour a hyundai elantra or something over a proton, no offence dude, they are shit cars, admit it, they are worth nothing at resell coz they are very cheap pieces of malaysian crap

btw the proton neo models were soo trying to imitate the mazda 3 neo models if you noticed, what an emberassment for making em look shit compared to a mazda 3 neo, kinda dumb if u ask me

ill reply ur pm late..ciao

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
man i dont give a shit about daihatsus honestly, i dont care if they went broke or they got bought by toyota, dont care, there not my type of car so i hardly look into them.

dude i dont care what you think, if my image is so WOW then its because im into it, you know...car enthusiast, trust me there are plenty out there, but if your riding an xxx how the hell can you not possibly care, someone who rides that obviously has a taste for turbo, dont act like your not all into it.
I consider myself an enthusiast but the difference between you and me is I don't talk big on internet forums and look down on other peoples' cars. I see it as an opportunity to improve one's ability if you are driving a car which is disadvantaged in some way compared to others.

i did have one car, a mazda 323 protege 98 model, it wasnt bad for the power when i first got it, around 90kw of power, 1.6L engine, it wasnt bad, had for 3yrs and used the shit out of it till 2 of its cylinders got fuked, and i was driving a 2 cylinder car not 4 cylinder lol, up the hill i would floor it and it couldnt exceed 40kms, so having that said i did manage with an underpowered car, it wasnt remarkably quick either, but i managed with it.
An enthusiast who quotes power from the brochure. And that being said, 90kW at the crank is not underpowered for a Mazda 323. Having driven a 323 before, it's got a decent spark in it's engine which gives it a bit of chirp when you want it to go. If you want to challenge yourself, go find a sub 1.5L car and try living with it- you will learn to be a lot more patient, to give way, to apply throttle early, and how to minimise braking (so you can keep the momentum going).

skyline said:
oh, and if your trying to be funny with the whole username thing, no i dont own a skyline, but someday i hope to own a skyline gtr, the new one, they are beasts.:uhhuh:
I wasn't trying to be funny.

skyline said:
p.s lotus tuned suspension doesnt change the fact protons are cheap pieces of shit cars, id favour a hyundai elantra or something over a proton, no offence dude, they are shit cars, admit it, they are worth nothing at resell coz they are very cheap pieces of malaysian crap
Dude it was a joke... but after driving them pretty hard I've found them to be surprisingly decent (relative to expectations of a Proton). Of course they are no match for a JDM car but I'd say compared to some Koreans from the previous era (before they really stepped up in the past few years), I'd say the Proton's handling/suspension was pretty good.

skyline said:
btw the proton neo models were soo trying to imitate the mazda 3 neo models if you noticed, what an emberassment for making em look shit compared to a mazda 3 neo, kinda dumb if u ask me

ill reply ur pm late..ciao
Err.. ok? I'll reply to your PM. Please keep in mind contents of PM are not intended for discussion on the board (hence why they're PM's).

Last edited:

red-x3

HSC
Hey skyline, chill for a moment.

Okay, so you drive a car that turns people's heads - fine, but don't you think you're talking about it in the wrong place?

This thread is for people to discuss their first cars, or what they intend to drive first. These can't be expected to be wow-cars, nor are the people here posting competitively so that they can try and out-ego each other. It was simply a casual discussion forum where people planned and reminisced about their, typically, dodgy first car, until you began insulting people's choice of cars. Which, may I remind you, is very much a non-choice for most of us, considering we have to make do with what we have in our teen years. The connotations that one's 'first car' bears is, in any case, that considered a little crapbox, colloquially speaking. This thread is obviously not one in which the general poster is flouting their extravagant turbo-charged beasties, and so your talk of never knowing what it feels like to take a turbo car for a spin is rendered irrelevant - especially because, as a first car (the relevant topic at hand), they are illegal to drive.

So it's great that you're a fan of your family's cars, and there are ample places where you can appropriately discuss them and compare them with others'; but this isn't the place.

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Good to see I'm not the only one who saw the point of this thread :)

ps. skyline, if you really want to compare your family's awesome cars and whether I can "match that" (as you put it), feel free to PM me again. I suggest you read some of my previous threads on this board first though.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
My favourite thing about fags in loudass celicas and shit is when they suddenly get smaller and smaller in my rear-view mirror as soon as there is a corner in the road.

skyline

Proud Aurion TRD owner
HSC
N/A
Hey skyline, chill for a moment.

Okay, so you drive a car that turns people's heads - fine, but don't you think you're talking about it in the wrong place?

This thread is for people to discuss their first cars, or what they intend to drive first. These can't be expected to be wow-cars, nor are the people here posting competitively so that they can try and out-ego each other. It was simply a casual discussion forum where people planned and reminisced about their, typically, dodgy first car, until you began insulting people's choice of cars. Which, may I remind you, is very much a non-choice for most of us, considering we have to make do with what we have in our teen years. The connotations that one's 'first car' bears is, in any case, that considered a little crapbox, colloquially speaking. This thread is obviously not one in which the general poster is flouting their extravagant turbo-charged beasties, and so your talk of never knowing what it feels like to take a turbo car for a spin is rendered irrelevant - especially because, as a first car (the relevant topic at hand), they are illegal to drive.

So it's great that you're a fan of your family's cars, and there are ample places where you can appropriately discuss them and compare them with others'; but this isn't the place.

i like the fact your very first post was used to lecture me :lol:

tell me, but does this look like a face that cares?:p

I chose not to bother caring what the whole point of this thread was, rather i just went all in, because i cant be bothered finding the right thread for this kinda stuff, and honestly, dont care, so meh...

appreciate your acknowledgement of me, but did you only sign up on bos to say that lovely speech and leave? Wow, arent i feeling lucky lol

you dont have to sound intelligent here, just talk normal, chillax, you dont talk like that in public, no need to be a wordy pain in the ass like some people! This is bos, we dont expect you to be a genius, no need to type like an intelligent person to make yourself sound like a big shot infront of everyone, talk casually and talk like you dont give a damn, like me

sorry, again if this is off the topic...wait it is off the topic :lol:
have fun now!

jasonml

jay son em el
HSC
My favourite thing about fags in loudass celicas and shit is when they suddenly get smaller and smaller in my rear-view mirror as soon as there is a corner in the road.
Shut the fuck up riet an A60 with a 22r/re would drill your shit vp commodore so easily.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
i like the fact your very first post was used to lecture me :lol:

tell me, but does this look like a face that cares?:p

I chose not to bother caring what the whole point of this thread was, rather i just went all in, because i cant be bothered finding the right thread for this kinda stuff, and honestly, dont care, so meh...

appreciate your acknowledgement of me, but did you only sign up on bos to say that lovely speech and leave? Wow, arent i feeling lucky lol

you dont have to sound intelligent here, just talk normal, chillax, you dont talk like that in public, no need to be a wordy pain in the ass like some people! This is bos, we dont expect you to be a genius, no need to type like an intelligent person to make yourself sound like a big shot infront of everyone, talk casually and talk like you dont give a damn, like me

sorry, again if this is off the topic...wait it is off the topic :lol:
have fun now!
Have you ever considered that maybe some people just use proper English more often than you do? And there are some people on here who aren't bogans?

Meh go have fun with your Falcon and supercharged Camry overtaking 1.8L cars on the highway. Whatever floats your boat. I'm still in shock at how long your PM was detailing your uber track experience and modded up Ford.

Funny how all this started because you wanted to brag and make fun of other peoples' cars. This may be the internet, but I guess even here you can be told to 'get a life'.

ps. PM's are private. Please don't repost here what I sent you.

Last edited:

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
lol seriously some of you guys

jasonml Riet drives a corolla lol who said he had a vp, and beating a vp is no fucking achievement lol what

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)