What do we 'hate' about Year 11? Come in and vent your frustration! (1 Viewer)

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Often people use the "study smarter" quote without knowing what it means, so how do you expect others to know as well. What do you think defines, "studying smarter"?
Studying Smarter: Can be defined as using all your accumulated or previous knowledge of studying techniques and applying this knowledge to create and use more efficient study methods.
E.g. Student A: I shall summarise the whole textbook and note down every detail to hopefully memorise everything for the upcoming assessment (example of studying harder) while; Student B: I shall use the textbook to make concise notes and answers to the, Student Learn About and Student Learn To, syllabus dotpoints (example of studying smarter) for the upcoming assessment.

Studying Harder: Can be defined as pouring maximum effort into your studying, usually hour-based rather than goal orientated. Lack in efficiency may happen due to the unplanned nature of this method.
E.g. Student: I shall study 24/7 and beat everyone!
Another Student: Firstly, I need to make notes for Physics then Economics and collect quotes for English.

theind1996

HSC
N/A
Studying Smarter: Can be defined as using all your accumulated or previous knowledge of studying techniques and applying this knowledge to create and use more efficient study methods.
E.g. Student A: I shall summarise the whole textbook and note down every detail to hopefully memorise everything for the upcoming assessment (example of studying harder) while; Student B: I shall use the textbook to make concise notes and answers to the, Student Learn About and Student Learn To, syllabus dotpoints (example of studying smarter) for the upcoming assessment.

Studying Harder: Can be defined as pouring maximum effort into your studying, usually hour-based rather than goal orientated. Lack in efficiency may happen due to the unplanned nature of this method.
Another Student: Firstly, I need to make notes for Physics then Economics and collect quotes for English.
THIS GUY. :)

Examine

same
HSC

Though would you agree to study smart, you have to study relatively hard?

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Though would you agree to study smart, you have to study relatively hard?
Yes, technically, the smarter you study, the more likely you're going to study harder.

But, the key in studying smarter is efficiency. There are many students who study like 4 - 5 hours a day but wonder why they never compare to students who only study 2 - 3hours a day. The main reason for this is these students, who study 2 - 3 hours a day i.e. study less, make greater use of their time and know how to absorb the information properly. So Quality > Quantity is indeed true BUT I guess you can say quantity CAN make quality.

Examine

same
HSC
Yes, technically, the smarter you study, the more likely you're going to study harder.

But, the key in studying smarter is efficiency. There are many students who study like 4 - 5 hours a day but wonder why they never compare to students who only study 2 - 3hours a day. The main reason for this is these students, who study 2 - 3 hours a day i.e. study less, make greater use of their time and know how to absorb the information properly. So Quality > Quantity is indeed true BUT I guess you can say quantity CAN make quality.
Yes though if you were in that situation (the situation where you study smarter) then why not just go for the 4-5 hours a day like other people, and then ace the hsc?

ShaxBOS

HSC
Too many assessments. Then half yearlys, too much work.

navtejsc

HSC
N/A
Olly's cocksucking..... its very awkward.
And cohens potential energy store (fat) :D

HSC
General Maths. I sit there feeling smart, while I wait for the other people to finish their work. It's kind of boring....

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
General Maths. I sit there feeling smart, while I wait for the other people to finish their work. It's kind of boring....
That's why always avoid Standard Engrish or General Maffs if possible :/
To be honest, I'd rather do no maffs at all than having to do gen maffs... (something that scales better as well)

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
lmfao, I literally lol'd. XD

got 100% in one of our advanced maff topic tests today....for once lol.
It's funny because the head of maths stood in front of every year 10 kid and their parents last year and said "there has been word going around that general maths is easy; this is not true at all and is a challenging subject that a student must devote hours each day to have a glimpse of success in". I devote 0 hours a day and have had more than a glimpse. Then again, the words success and general math don't fit together. :p

avhead

no-hope fighter pilot l0l
Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
HSC
It's funny because the head of maths stood in front of every year 10 kid and their parents last year and said "there has been word going around that general maths is easy; this is not true at all and is a challenging subject that a student must devote hours each day to have a glimpse of success in". I devote 0 hours a day and have had more than a glimpse. Then again, the words success and general math don't fit together. :p
It's a shame you couldn't do Adv....if you're destroying General, maybe they'll let you move up? :\

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
It's a shame you couldn't do Adv....if you're destroying General, maybe they'll let you move up? :\
I guess I'll stay in general for now since my school is stupid. Though, I am doing advanced english beginning of year 12. Who knows, I might drop general altogether and focus on 10 units. By the way, maths is not something I like. Ironically, both my parents done the highest level of maths in their country in their time and I saw this document in my dads cabinet that was translated into english that said my dad came third in the country in it lol.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)