What do you feel when you drop a subject? (1 Viewer)

shaon0

HSC
lyounamu said:
What kind of thought came across your mind when you dropped a subject?

Today, I dropped Chemistry and the sudden feeling that came across my mind was a deep dissapointment in myself as a student. My teacher simply concluded writing out the signature by saying that it is simply a disaster. But I was actually surprised when he wrote "good student" on the comment section despite my lack of attention and contribution in class.

I basically spent the whole class simply looking down the floor...and I felt sorry for my awesome Chemistry teacher and sorry for dropping out of the subject despite his great teaching and help he provided...

I have been waiting for today to drop out of that subject for the last few terms...but when I came to face the moment, it wasn't as cool as I thought it would be...

This feeling got worse when my parents made a comment that they are dissapointed in me for being "weak" enough to drop what I have initially started.

So what was your feeling when you were allowed to be dismissed from the course?
Lyounamu your a classic. :rofl:

Last edited:

dizzyizzy

snubble
HSC
I dropped from 2u to no maths at the end of last term and I felt like a massive dropkick for quite a while.
Now the teacher tells me constantly 'why aren't you in maths? you're missing so much stuff haha'
I still feel kinda bad but if I'd kept it I would have had 15 units >__>;;

zzzz12345

HSC
I felt pretty shattered when I dropped German, probably because I had done German for 4 years and I absolutely loved my class and teacher. I think it's harder to drop a subject when the cohort taking it is small, because you end up knowing your class so well and being very close-knit. I don't regret my decision though; dropping German was the obvious choice because German took up too much time and compared to most of my other subjects I wasn't doing that well in it. Dropping a subject is hard when you build up a connection towards it and especially towards the classroom atmosphere. My teacher put up less of a fight than I expected (considering that she was dropping hints about how I should do extension) but I think I'm officially over the sadness of dropping a subject I had loved for 4 years. I still stalled with handing in my subject changing form though, handing in the form gave the entire process too much finality, but it had to be done.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
lyounamu said:
Spot-on!!! That's exactly my situation. I was like "You are the best Science teacher I had but it's just that I don't hold any love for Chemistry anymore...blah blah blah..."

Departing from that class felt like graduating from school....all the emotions....sadness, joy followed by tears...lol
I felt that when I dropped Indonesian(yes, let's all laugh) in year 10 =X Such a nice teacher..

Well, today I've dropped SLR and Photography. And I am jubilant to have freeeeeeees!
The only reason I chose Photography was to fill the 1 unit gap created by MX1, and I chose SLR because it was the only thing on the same line as Economics(after I got kicked out ><)
And I wouldn't know how my teachers felt about it 'cause I haven't been in those classes in weeks! Although I'm sure they'd be elated too

shaon0

HSC
lyounamu said:
Spot-on!!! That's exactly my situation. I was like "You are the best Science teacher I had but it's just that I don't hold any love for Chemistry anymore...blah blah blah..."

Departing from that class felt like graduating from school....all the emotions....sadness, joy followed by tears...lol
lol wtf...hahaha. Its one class that you didn't like that much.
You should be a comedian Lyounamu. :rofl:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
shaon0 said:
lol wtf...hahaha. Its one class that you didn't like that much.
You should be a comedian Lyounamu. :rofl:
I get told that by many other peers at school. I don't see how that's the case? :confused:

Anyway, I will have to get myself together.

Thanks guys for your comments.

shaon0

HSC
lyounamu said:
I get told that by many other peers at school. I don't see how that's the case? :confused:

Anyway, I will have to get myself together.

Thanks guys for your comments.
I was being sarcastic. Obviously you shouldn't be a comedian. Everyone knows that.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
When i dropped business so i could pick up ext maths in year 11 my teacher just said i had potential, even though we hadnt done any work yet

And when i dropped ancient history because it was piss lame, boring and fulll of essays my teacher was upset cause even though i hadnt put in effort all year, i had a great rank, and she thought i was an excellent student for putting in alot of effort.....I told her i was only dropping it because i couldnt fit it in now the school were changing the maximum amount of units you could do, and even announced to the class she was upset i was leaving.haha but she was a cool teacher, nothing against her, it was just the history im interested in is only studied in extension

I was always going to drop history anyway, my parents forced me into taking it up, but hey i did enjoy some of it

Last edited:

chantszhin

HSC
I dropped Engineering Studies last friday!!!!!!!!!!!!
I felt SOO happy i was on my knees!!!! Me and 2 other friends had been waiting for this day. We were always last to class and first out of class hahahaha. Free periods now!! I can study mathts!! yay

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
upset when i dropped nursing was really enjoying it , but i wan to do EE2 so it had to go otherwise i would have 17units o_O , so now i'm just doing 14U much better, only thing is no free periods, oh well, cest la vive

MonKazzar

HSC
I dropped Chem as well, My teacher understood completely and in the end I found out the timetable has Art and Chem on the same day... So thats my sign from BOS that it was meant to be :D

Zippora

HSC
lyounamu said:
you have no idea what graduating school feels like, you seriously wont understand until you do it.

aaaarrgghhhh

HSC
I recently dropped Physics and I did not feel sad at all, I was instead delighted as I could now focus on the things I enjoyed most, the things I will need in the long run.

Don't worry about what anyone says you are not a failure, chemistry just was not your thing.

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
woohoo

no more 3u maths and religion tomorrow :hammer: = 2 FREE Periods after recess

hangteng

HSC
I dropped chem last week

my teacher was really supportive. awesome guy. although his teaching methods werent great. he shook my hand =)

omgd.

HSC
N/A
well i HATE maths
and by hate i mean hate with a passion
as in when i have to do maths i feel as though im being punished for something :cold:

so obviously when i was given the oppt to drop maths i was ecstatic obviously
however i was really scared to do it
and put it off for like weeks
then when i finally did drop it
i regretted it
and i dont even know why
it felt like i was missing out on valuable education =/

i guess if your keen on your studies
your reluctant to drop subjects which seem important/ useful to you regardless of whether you like it or not

But think of it this way
if you want to pursue a career in science
you can always pick chem back up in uni
not doing it for one year wont make a difference right ?
i mean its to maximise your UAI
and thats our goal atm
whatever helps you do that
is whatever you have to do

:D

jessiminica

HSC
I felt great. I'd wanted to drop chemistry for most of the prelim course - our techer was a total bitch, saying things to students like "you shouldn't be in this class" and stuff, really bringing down the class morale. Only 8 out of 23 people even passed the yearly, which I really think is a sign of a crap teacher. She was calling me misguided and stuff because I said that while I'd like to do well in school, I realise it's not the end of the world if I don't, and because I said assessments in year 11 don't matter as long as you learn the content. She told me that if I tried I could do well in it, and it felt so good to hand her the subject dropping form. Felt like I was saying "Yeah, suck on that, bitch"

Plus, now I have double the number of frees to work on ex2 english. Best decision ever.

doopsta786

HSC
I dont know My teacher was disappointted when i dropped physics but he was giving us the tests before hand and we learnt like nothing in classs i loved the classs and teacher he was hilarous but if id kept it i would defo only get like 69 75 highest in the HSC coz and plus id have 14 units if i kept it i felt like crap when i droppped coz now sir doesnt talk to me but i had too yerrr im over it now and i have freees

janetO

HSC
one of the best decisions in my schooling life =P
dropped chem .. went from 13 units down to 11 and my chem teacher said i had to attend class stil but my deputy said i didnt need to go chem
my chem teacher didnt even believe me... gosh im starting to dislike her.

we pretty much only briefly went over the prelim topic and i hear shes going to leave to thailand AGAIN. she left us with at least 2-3 substitute teachers throughout year 11.
apparently, this year's year 12 didnt even finish the hsc chem course LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)