What do you feel when you drop a subject? (1 Viewer)

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
I started Ext. History this term.
I dropped it after four weeks.
It was a waste of time. A waste of two periods a week which I would usually go home or something. It was also really boring.
So I work on my visual arts BOW every wednesday double free period instead now. Better use of my time.
Plus Ext. History was my thirteenth unit at school. Too much stress really.
So all in all, I felt pretty good. I mean I love history but just not that much.

MHSoR Student

HSC
N/A
I do not feel anything when I drop a subject, because the fact that I made the decision to drop that subject in the first place means that keeping it would only be detrimental to my achievement in the Higher School Certificate, therefore it is useless to me and I do not care about it.

madsam

God among men
HSC
Dropped business studies about 4 weeks into the term.
Best decision of my life.

It was so incredibly boring, and our teacher only turned up to about half the lessons and we were still ahead of the syllabus, so it wasnt really worth my time keeping.

My teacher was all angry at me, and refused to sign the note until i had every other signature, so he was reluctant to let me go, mainly cause 50% of the people who did business studies were dropping it =D

anyway, 6 free's throughout the week kicks ass!

Sezenator

HSC
yee i dropped advanced englishh to standarddd
ufftt i feel lyk shtt lyk a failureeee
wen all my friends see my writin they sayy i cnt believe yuu droppedi tt
i wish i didn
i fin standard soo boring noww
everyy lesson i feel a rush of regret through my body =[

kylie.110292

HSC
I dropped pdhpe which happened to be a subject i was coming first in. I felt bad for my teacher because he was great and i learnt alot with him but the reason i made the decision 2 leave wasnt because of him it was for me. There was just 2 much work and i didnt have the motivation 2 complete it. It was hard looking him in the eye for a while after that and i still feel bad

wendybird

HSC
wounded...

i wish i could do it all... i'm probably dropping chemistry next term, i hate that i'm ranked like 5th for it...gah! it's going to waste :mad1:

but i just don't think i want to do that many units..

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Dropped Legal Studies and kept Chemistry (DUMB, DUMB, DUMB)..

Originally I was like *woo yeah, only 11 units*
Then my legal teacher was... well he was upset, really (I was ranked 3rd in a class where the top 10 students worked really hard for the marks, and the other 15 didn't give a damn about their marks).

I felt reeeeeally really guilty, but at the time I didn't care all that much coz I was happy to have a significantly decreased study load.

THEN, a few months later, I realised I wanted to do law at uni.. it was an epic facepalm moment.
THEN.. I started failing Chemistry and hated the subject majorly (Dropped from ranked 2nd to ranked last, i.e. 9th, due to trial mark).

NOW... I do wish I had kept Legal Studies, but I didn't do as bad as I would have expected in Chemistry, so.. I don't care anymore :D

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Oh also, dropped from 2U maths to general, got a band 6 so it was worth sitting through a year of revision of 5.3 year ten maths in a crappy class [ended up ignoring the teacher during lessons and tutoring one of my friends who was struggling, she ended up getting a high band 5 which was super awesome]

wendybird

HSC
^ don't worry about not doing legal for future Law studies at Uni, it really has minimal (to no) bearing.

just concentrate on the subjects you have now, maximise your UAI and get into the law degree of your choice!

though it does suck if you miss Legal and it was a fun subject... still, plenty of opportunities to further your legal studies at a tertiary (and much more in depth) level.

similar thing happened to me for economics for the prelim course...i dropped it (too many units) even though i was ranked at the top, and i really liked economics...

i figure i'd prefer to do it at uni, there's always other places to learn subjects if your interested. :read:

EDIT: just realised you're doing law at UWS! congratulations and good luck! :)

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
meh, its ancient who gives a fuck, its a subject i never studied for and was ranked near the top.

Once i dropped it i thought, awesome i dont have to go to that side of the school again

0hNivlek

HSC
eww Business Studies, dropped it at the end of prelims. Thank god. I have 12 units now with 6 freaking free periods per week. Would've had more but i picked up history extension, oh well lol. Felt awkward around my teacher now, she probably hates me LOL.

HSC
I dropped physics... afterwards i was jumping up and down with joy for a week :haha: I agree, the free periods rock :D

selablad

HSC
'Dropped' maths, as in not taking any other maths courses after accelerating, so I guess it half counts. I still haven't told the teacher though... and he was so excited, because he thought I'd take it further and he kept asking what I was going to do... I just avoided him and plan on doing so for the first few weeks of term :)

dp624

HSC
the-derivative said:
Don't worry - the extra time you gain by dropping Japanese will allow you to focus and do better in all your other subjects - especially 4U maths.
for me, it was "especially eng adv"
seriously the aggregates/effort ratio is really good in that subject if it's your weakest

georgefren

HSC
Yeah. I feel like i should probably drop a subject and go down to 12 units, but i cant choose one. Its not too much extra burden right now, but im scared that later down the track it might turn into one.

eriito

Elite Member
HSC
Never better. Eco=BORING but i said to myself study once for eco and see how u go 61/70 so i dropped
I DROPPED ECO TOO. I hated it lol I'm surprised I managed to get through 5 terms of it

AvalonPrincess7

Lost in Chemistry Fog
HSC
I felt awful dropping Modern History, I came first by like ten marks, then had no choice but to drop it as there was no way i was doing my HSC with 14 units, 12 is bad enough. My Modern teacher, who's also my English teacher spent all of term four dropping hints about how I shouldn't have dropped it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)