What do you think you'll get? (1 Viewer)

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Title. at the start of year 11 i had my mind set on trying to get a 99.95 atar, but as the year progressed that number slowly started to decrease.

what was your aims? and is/was this a reality?

Discuss below

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
My aim was getting into UNSW engineering back in year 10.

Now I may get more than that, hopefully.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
I never aimed for 99.95 haha
My goals are 99+ ATAR and entry into arch/civil usyd

I don't think it's changed since y10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
97-99 hopefully but would not be full shocked if I got lower.

Aim at the start of the year was 97.5+ and aim towards middle of the year was 99+ but aim disappeared after externals :haha:

loversinjapan

Swag Queen
HSC
Lol I thought I could get 99+ but with the amount of work I've put in I'd be pushing it asking for 95

Are the majority of people disappointed or surprised with their marks? I don't know if it's the fear of the impending results that is making me so pessimistic, or if I actually did as badly as I think I did.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Lol I thought I could get 99+ but with the amount of work I've put in I'd be pushing it asking for 95

Are the majority of people disappointed or surprised with their marks? I don't know if it's the fear of the impending results that is making me so pessimistic, or if I actually did as badly as I think I did.
honestly a very difficult question, really depends on if you have a habit of overestimating or underestimating yourself. I would say people on the whole are happy cos even if they don't reach their goals they are sometimes just relieved the hsc is over and have plans to one way or another work hard at uni to transfer over

skrye4

HSC
I never had a goal, since I reckon setting yourself a goal is a fine way to make yourself look stupid and plunge yourself into a deep depression :p Whenever someone asked me I'd say 80. I'm expecting 95

loversinjapan

Swag Queen
HSC
honestly a very difficult question, really depends on if you have a habit of overestimating or underestimating yourself. I would say people on the whole are happy cos even if they don't reach their goals they are sometimes just relieved the hsc is over and have plans to one way or another work hard at uni to transfer over
I didn't put in the effort to expect a great mark and had 'gotten over' (apparently not) the regret of not giving it my best shot... until my co-ordinator spoke to me at formal and told me all the teachers were eagerly awaiting my results.

"Make sure you send us your ATAR," he said.

dats when i realised that the teachers thought i gave it my best shot

well fuck

the constricting feeling of impending doom is strong rite now.

goodbye world

braintic

HSC
N/A
Why would anyone set 99.95 as their goal? Why put so much unnecessary pressure on yourself, and for no purpose other than prestige? I wonder how many people believe they can get in the top 48 in the state.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Why would anyone set 99.95 as their goal? Why put so much unnecessary pressure on yourself, and for no purpose other than prestige? I wonder how many people believe they can get in the top 48 in the state.
Some people go for the scholarship at USYD that requires 99.95

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)