What do you think you'll get? (1 Viewer)

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
I didn't put in the effort to expect a great mark and had 'gotten over' (apparently not) the regret of not giving it my best shot... until my co-ordinator spoke to me at formal and told me all the teachers were eagerly awaiting my results.

"Make sure you send us your ATAR," he said.

dats when i realised that the teachers thought i gave it my best shot

well fuck

the constricting feeling of impending doom is strong rite now.

goodbye world
Don't take this personally but actually they ask this because schools don't get your ATARs so he was likely to have just been going around asking all students to do it anyway :haha:

In regards to your first question though, I think it largely depends on if they get into their desired course at uni or a good alternative, but there are those who will also just be a little disappointed that even though they can get into their course the number is lower than what they know they could've achieved (this was me)

watapple

HSC
I had a dream while sleeping of getting 57 atar :(. Now that I think about it it may be true because of my low scaling subjects also did really poorly in standard english

Lina3

HSC
I didn't put in the effort to expect a great mark and had 'gotten over' (apparently not) the regret of not giving it my best shot... until my co-ordinator spoke to me at formal and told me all the teachers were eagerly awaiting my results.

"Make sure you send us your ATAR," he said.

dats when i realised that the teachers thought i gave it my best shot

well fuck

the constricting feeling of impending doom is strong rite now.

goodbye world
Yes same! When I went to sign out the office lady was like "The principal told me your great ranks, I'm sure you're as confident as we are that you will do great." yeah...no pressure. I only need like 70 to get into a course I want and if it wasn't for their expectations I'd not be that scared. My school is hosting an ATAR morning tea too, basically, if I get below 90 (which is likely), I'm not going....don't care how rude that looks.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Don't take this personally but actually they ask this because schools don't get your ATARs so he was likely to have just been going around asking all students to do it anyway :haha:

In regards to your first question though, I think it largely depends on if they get into their desired course at uni or a good alternative, but there are those who will also just be a little disappointed that even though they can get into their course the number is lower than what they know they could've achieved (this was me)
Rly? I think the principal at least does cos I have confirmed seen a piece of paper in my school with all the extension 2 maths marks from my year and I never told them my marks lol

Last edited:
HSC
Schools (principals) get all marks, and they choose which teachers to tell the marks to (usually they give them all out)

ATARs are only known by students. At my school we had an 'ATAR morning tea' where people would come in and tell the teachers their ATAR (there was a class list) and the school would find out that way.

phoenix1

HSC
N/A
I had a dream while sleeping a few weeks back that I'll get 90.40. Not sure if it's just a nightmare or reality. I'll find out in 2 days time.

Shazer2

HSC
I had a dream while sleeping a few weeks back that I'll get 90.40. Not sure if it's just a nightmare or reality. I'll find out in 2 days time.
Had a dream I got 73.25 I think, would be happy/10

Lina3

HSC
o_O Being in the top 10% of the state is considered nightmare?

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
Rly? I think the principal at least does cos I have confirmed seen a piece of paper in my school with all the extension 2 maths marks from my year and I never told them my marks lol
Yeah they get your HSC marks but because ATAR is through UAC and not BoS they don't get the ATAR

Lina3

HSC
it's more like the top 15% because they count the kids from the year 7 cohort into the atar, many of which have moved on (work, dropped out, whatever)
I know they count them...but I thought they just take up the bottom 20-30% and hence if you get at ATAR of 50, you are in the top 50% of a cohort that already includes those that dropped out at the end of year 10. Admittedly, I haven't looked into it all that much but that was my understanding.

iPhone4

HSC
N/A
Hoping for 97, Really happy with 98, Amazed with 99. Realistically, I think I'll probably get a mid 97.

zookie97

HSC
N/A
I'm reaally hoping for a 99 but don't think it's going to happen now... I would be happy with anything 95+ since it's what I really need. I'm estimating 97 but I really won't be sure about that until I get the marks back.... D:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)